Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Default Re: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by KSjack View Post
    What has cam sykora done of any significance in college? And stating the 5-15 record and wasnít a very big recruit arenít good reasons. The majority of true freshman still get beat up by older wrestlers regularly. Just because we have had some monster true freshman in this country doesnít mean the gap is thinning. Name the last non mega recruit to aa as a true freshman? Even if we would of pulled Sloanís redshirt last year I wouldnít of banked on him aaíing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cam is a three time national qualifier ranked #13 by flo. He's not a world beater, but neither is March. I don't think that either will ever all-American but few do. I think that evidence shows that the gap is thinning, just look at all of the true freshman national champs and all Americans that we've had in the past few years. You don't see a lot of huge jumps between true freshman and redshirt freshman years anymore, particularly among top-flight guys. People are getting a lot closer to their ceilings in high school than they once did. People are getting a lot more and better training and competition at an earlier age than they ever used to and that's closing the gap significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombat View Post
    Cam is a three time national qualifier ranked #13 by flo. He's not a world beater, but neither is March. I don't think that either will ever all-American but few do. I think that evidence shows that the gap is thinning, just look at all of the true freshman national champs and all Americans that we've had in the past few years. You don't see a lot of huge jumps between true freshman and redshirt freshman years anymore, particularly among top-flight guys. People are getting a lot closer to their ceilings in high school than they once did. People are getting a lot more and better training and competition at an earlier age than they ever used to and that's closing the gap significantly.
    You see massive jumps from year 1 to year 2 all the time. All the true freshman that are national champs or all Americans have all been cream of the crop recruits. The gap has shrunk some but in the grand scheme of things at least 90% of true freshman are still behind their older counterparts. Off the top of my head look at Ethan lizak. Was solid true freshman year but then took a redshirt and became a monster. Even some of the cream of the crop recruits donít aa year one. I know Adam coon didnít place as a true freshman. There are some that top off in high school but imo a lot of that comes from overtraining and then burning out. All high school wrestlers have levels upon levels of untapped potential.

Quote Originally Posted by KSjack View Post
    You see massive jumps from year 1 to year 2 all the time. All the true freshman that are national champs or all Americans have all been cream of the crop recruits. The gap has shrunk some but in the grand scheme of things at least 90% of true freshman are still behind their older counterparts. Off the top of my head look at Ethan lizak. Was solid true freshman year but then took a redshirt and became a monster. Even some of the cream of the crop recruits donít aa year one. I know Adam coon didnít place as a true freshman. There are some that top off in high school but imo a lot of that comes from overtraining and then burning out. All high school wrestlers have levels upon levels of untapped potential.

I think we're just going to disagree on this one. I don't want to continue to hijack this thread.

Coach Simez & Coach Hahn put up the Rabbit Signal. They either were or are recruiting in Iowa this week or weekend. Anyone have insight on who the commit would be?

https://twitter.com/damion_hahn/status/1187792633650958337

IAWrestle is reporting Jack Thomsen, La Porte City, Iowa, Union High School.

https://iawrestle.com/2019/10/25/jac...lege-decision/

Thomsen's brother Max wrestles for UNI, I'm glad that we were able to snatch this out out from under them.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberValley View Post
    IAWrestle is reporting Jack Thomsen, La Porte City, Iowa, Union High School.

https://iawrestle.com/2019/10/25/jac...lege-decision/
    Thanks for reporting! Can't complain about Damion & Co. pulling a defending IA State Champ

Not for 2020, but according to coaches twitter it looks like the Jacks got a 2021 commit from Iowa today.

Default 2020 Recruits

Last edited by witness; 11-22-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Hahn hinting at another commitment

https://twitter.com/damion_hahn/stat...401416194?s=21
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden