Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Recruits

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Jeff's sons have had very successful careers. Jeff was a two-time All-American himself at Wisconsin. His brother Jim was also a 4-time state champion and joined him in the Badger wrestling program. Jim is most noted for his political career, where he's been one of the top Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Bo, Jeff's oldest son, was never an individual national champion for the Buckeyes. He was a 4x All-American, twice finishing in the top three. Micah finished as runner-up at 149 this year. He's a three time All-American. Rocky is the third Jordan brother to wrestle at Ohio State. He red-shirted this season.
    That's what I thought, thanks for the background info. Can't remember which season, but Bo & Micah were in the same weight class and went 1v1 once or twice that year. Wrestling, more than any other sport, would be tough to watch family members oppose each other. Getting Kids from St. Paris/Graham & St. Ed's in Ohio is a big win. Big time wrestlers come out of those programs. Can't wait for Hahn's NJ connections to start pay dividends. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a kid or two from Blair Academy or Bergen Catholic, arguably the two best High School/Prep Wrestling programs in the country.

Comment

https://twitter.com/brian_haenchen/s...585183746?s=21
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Good for Nash. Hope he has a great career and now he can enjoy his summer and prepare for his senior year.

Comment

It looks like we lost Kellyn March to the Bison. That one hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            It looks like we lost Kellyn March to the Bison. That one hurts.
            Cody Pack will have inside track on many SD kids now who train at Legends of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Cody Pack will have inside track on many SD kids now who train at Legends of Gold.
              In researching his commitment, I'm seeing that we were able to get Lucas Anglin away from LOG so that's some consolation. I was hoping that he would be a Jackrabbit. The only other South Dakotan that I'm really hoping to get in this crop of seniors Cooper Voorhes. He's one of a few different smaller-name guys that I think we could make something out of. I do think that we have room in this class for at least one more big name recruit though.

Comment

Could March beat the guys we have now? I don’t think so. Happy that the kid went to a place where he has a better chance of cracking the line up. Good luck to him beside when going against the jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post
                  Could March beat the guys we have now? I don’t think so. Happy that the kid went to a place where he has a better chance of cracking the line up. Good luck to him beside when going against the jacks.

March is the best recruit that the state has produced in a little while. Honestly I think he could beat Molitor, Anderson and Caleb Gross right now. He is a bigger recruit than Price was and, after a redshirt year, I'd definitely favor March head to head. With Price being as big as he is, I don't think he'll be long for the weight. 133 is a big need for us and we're going to want someone who fill that hole when it becomes a need.

Comment

March is the best recruit that the state has produced in a little while. Honestly I think he could beat Molitor, Anderson and Caleb Gross right now. He is a bigger recruit than Price was and, after a redshirt year, I'd definitely favor March head to head. With Price being as big as he is, I don't think he'll be long for the weight. 133 is a big need for us and we're going to want someone who fill that hole when it becomes a need.
                    Eh, maybe (Casperson was more highly sought after than March). March hasn't improved that much since Peterson had him beat in the B finals two years ago to me (could be totally wrong). Bison are a step down from the Jacks now, a total 180 from a few years ago. Better coaching staff and if they get the wrestling room done, better facilities and fans.

Comment

So he can beat them now or after a redshirt year? I view March as a Dakota Galt type recruit. Would it have been nice to get him? Yes. But at the end of the day he wasn’t a “must get” and wasn’t a program changing recruit. I’m fine with our group but a blue chip could help.

Comment

I'm confident that he can beat every 133 on the roster outside of Price right now as a senior in high school. Price would probably beat him right now but March can't wrestle for 1-2 more years anyway and I do think that he beats him after that 1-2 years of mutual development. I always thought that people like Galt and Casperson were over-rated guys who made their hay wrestling freestyle and crushing cans and I was legitimately glad when they didn't go to SDSU out of high school. I think that March has the athleticism and the skills to be something special at the next level and I view missing out on him as a loss. It looks like SDSU wasn't in his top three, so maybe Hahn knows something that I don't and decided to to pursue him.

Comment

I just don't see March continuing to develop physically, he's about as good as he can be right now.
                          We'll see in 4 years.

I trust our coaches and think Hahn will develop wrestlers and coach circles around Kish over time.

Comment

Alex Martin a 2020 commit out of St Paris Graham, OH is in the semifinals of the Super 32 tournament (considered one of the toughest folkstyle tournaments in the country)

Comment

Alek Martin just put himself into the top ten in the country with wins over #11 Teague Travis, #10 Josh Edmond, #8 Caden McCrary, and #6 Sam Hilgas. I'm excited to see what he does in the regular season

Comment

Alek Martin looks like a can’t miss recruit 😳. Hate to be that guy but how did your can’t miss recruit do wombat? God I’m loving the recruits this staff is targeting. The future couldn’t be looking better!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X