Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Default 2020 Recruits

https://twitter.com/Nashnation72/status/1113428110546837504

Bit of a reach, but this tweet/video of Nash Deadlifting 471lbs popped up on my feed because Damion liked it. Safe to assume Hahn is actively recruiting The Polar Bear. Be a great wrestling room of heavier coaches and good comp with Trenary coming in next year. If Nash chooses wrestling he will have to battle some studs regardless of where he goes, so this could be interesting.

Default Re: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post

Bit of a reach, but this tweet/video of Nash Deadlifting 471lbs popped up on my feed because Damion liked it. Safe to assume Hahn is actively recruiting The Polar Bear. Be a great wrestling room of heavier coaches and good comp with Trenary coming in next year. If Nash chooses wrestling he will have to battle some studs regardless of where he goes, so this could be interesting.
    Your Twitter link does not work or maybe I don’t know how to click

Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post

So your saying there is a chance! My gut tells me wrestling is his greatest passion!

I don't see Nash wrestling and I don't think that Hahn does either. He's already picked up Trenary and I don't think he would have if he thought that he had a chance with Nash.

Outside of Hutmacher, there are a bunch of good prospects out there. I keep a spreadsheet of potential recruits that I like for SDSU; here are the 2020 graduates that my radar picked up:

125. Dylan Cendeno NJ
    125. Jake Bibler MT
    125. Joey Thompson MN
    125. Paxton Creese MN
    133. Charlie Pickell MN
    141. Gage Krolikowski NE
    141. Kellyn March SD
    149. Lucas Anglin SD
    157. Carlos Ruffo MN
    165. Cooper Voorhes SD
    174. Colton Krell MN
    174. Shaeden Schiedt SD
    285. Nash Hutmacher SD

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    So your saying there is a chance! My gut tells me wrestling is his greatest passion!
    If I had to guess, it probably is and his dad liked a tweet that said that it's too bad that Nash can't live two lives and do both things that he loves

Nebraska is recruiting him pretty hard for football though so that would be hard for him to pass up especially with football being a better future for him after college
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombat View Post
    I don't see Nash wrestling and I don't think that Hahn does either. He's already picked up Trenary and I don't think he would have if he thought that he had a chance with Nash.

Outside of Hutmacher, there are a bunch of good prospects out there. I keep a spreadsheet of potential recruits that I like for SDSU; here are the 2020 graduates that my radar picked up:

125. Dylan Cendeno NJ
    125. Jake Bibler MT
    125. Joey Thompson MN
    125. Paxton Creese MN
    133. Charlie Pickell MN
    141. Gage Krolikowski NE
    141. Kellyn March SD
    149. Lucas Anglin SD
    157. Carlos Ruffo MN
    165. Cooper Voorhes SD
    174. Colton Krell MN
    174. Shaeden Schiedt SD
    285. Nash Hutmacher SD
    If Hahn doesn't see him wrestling I don't think he would follow him on social media and acknowledge his posts. Given that Nash has already taken a visit to Wisconsin and hung with Bono, I'd say he's heavily considering the sport. Also even if we do have a really solid HWT already come in, you don't pass on a kid like Nash if he has some interest. We don't have that luxury.

I hope they allow Nash to do both sports if thatís what he wants. If he picks wrestling, he can pick literally anywhere in the country as the #1 HWT nationally. If he comes to SDSU, he could really have a legacy and generate some major interest for the program and the sport within the Midwest. If he picks football (at any school including SDSU), heíll be some guy named Nash on the roster. Heís no doubt an explosive and talented athlete, but I saw it over and over when a highly touted recruit showed up and got buried on the roster behind several other guys that were also highly touted recruits.

I hope he comes here but I hope he picks what makes him happy and successful ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger41 View Post
    I hope they allow Nash to do both sports if thatís what he wants. If he picks wrestling, he can pick literally anywhere in the country as the #1 HWT nationally. If he comes to SDSU, he could really have a legacy and generate some major interest for the program and the sport within the Midwest. If he picks football (at any school including SDSU), heíll be some guy named Nash on the roster. Heís no doubt an explosive and talented athlete, but I saw it over and over when a highly touted recruit showed up and got buried on the roster behind several other guys that were also highly touted recruits.

I hope he comes here but I hope he picks what makes him happy and successful ultimately.
    It might be tough for him to do both. Heís a big dude and his football weight is gonna be quite a big higher than 285 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    It might be tough for him to do both. Heís a big dude and his football weight is gonna be quite a big higher than 285 lbs.
    He will be picking 1 sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by salemjack View Post
    He will be picking 1 sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would be tough and demanding to do both Football & Wrestling due to the physical toll but if he's a D-Linemen (I don't know if he's OL or DL prospect) weight may not be as big of an issue. Either way if it's the only way to get him to Brookings, I say let him play both. Based on he and his dad's Twitter posts I get the impression they would be interested in exploring both. Now football coaches may say no, as they would be on the hook scholarship wise, but who knows.

To me it's at least exciting that Hahn & Co. may actually be in the hunt for this kid.