Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Default Re: 2020 Recruits

I don't spend a lot of time looking at South Dakota high school wrestling, but Joshua "Boots" Crownover popped up on my radar. He's a two time state champ from Bon Homme / Scotland / Avon, a five sport athlete, and seemingly a kid of good character. Seems like the kind of wrestler who could do well in Brookings and, as a 184 pounder, he's at a weight of need for the Jacks. He's probably a low cost wrestler with some real upside in a program like SDSU with the coaches that they have proven that they can develop bigger guys. I'd like to see him wrestle for the Jacks if he doesn't go the football route.

Heard a rumor that Boots might be playing LB/TE at USD. Iím sure he has plenty of options and hasnít made a decision yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So. . . what does SDSU even need right now? I feel like the jacks are such a young team that if everyone just sticks around they'll be just fine until at least 2023. I suppose it would be good to grab a blue-chip 184 pounder in case we can't pull a winner out of Casperson, Schoon, and Orris but that's about all that I can think of. We are going to need a very strong class of 2022 and the jacks need to continue building relationships with key recruiting partners but I we could almost just stop for a while and still have 8-10 ranked wrestlers in the 2022 / 2023 season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombat View Post
    So. . . what does SDSU even need right now? I feel like the jacks are such a young team that if everyone just sticks around they'll be just fine until at least 2023. I suppose it would be good to grab a blue-chip 184 pounder in case we can't pull a winner out of Casperson, Schoon, and Orris but that's about all that I can think of. We are going to need a very strong class of 2022 and the jacks need to continue building relationships with key recruiting partners but I we could almost just stop for a while and still have 8-10 ranked wrestlers in the 2022 / 2023 season.
    How many for each weight? Like 2 or 3 normally? Hard to get depth if such a young roster. Like trying to get good 2nd and 3rd string QB.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

197 needs depth.

Casperson obviously has an interesting resume but without competing this year in the "Open Season" not sure what his talent level is like. I would say that 174-184 along with 149lbs will be our biggest needs in the next year or two. The young kid from Iowa, Jack Thomson, has been killing it this year on paper, but not sure if he'll be ready to go a 149 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Casperson obviously has an interesting resume but without competing this year in the "Open Season" not sure what his talent level is like. I would say that 174-184 along with 149lbs will be our biggest needs in the next year or two. The young kid from Iowa, Jack Thomson, has been killing it this year on paper, but not sure if he'll be ready to go a 149 next year.
    I think they plan for Hunter Marko to go at 149 next year. After that they'll have Thomson, Anglin, Martin, and Cardinal all coming in in the 141 / 149 range.