Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Recruits

https://twitter.com/Nashnation72/status/1113428110546837504

Bit of a reach, but this tweet/video of Nash Deadlifting 471lbs popped up on my feed because Damion liked it. Safe to assume Hahn is actively recruiting The Polar Bear. Be a great wrestling room of heavier coaches and good comp with Trenary coming in next year. If Nash chooses wrestling he will have to battle some studs regardless of where he goes, so this could be interesting.

Re: 2020 Recruits

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

Bit of a reach, but this tweet/video of Nash Deadlifting 471lbs popped up on my feed because Damion liked it. Safe to assume Hahn is actively recruiting The Polar Bear. Be a great wrestling room of heavier coaches and good comp with Trenary coming in next year. If Nash chooses wrestling he will have to battle some studs regardless of where he goes, so this could be interesting.
    Your Twitter link does not work or maybe I don’t know how to click

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

So your saying there is a chance! My gut tells me wrestling is his greatest passion!

Comment

I don't see Nash wrestling and I don't think that Hahn does either. He's already picked up Trenary and I don't think he would have if he thought that he had a chance with Nash.

Outside of Hutmacher, there are a bunch of good prospects out there. I keep a spreadsheet of potential recruits that I like for SDSU; here are the 2020 graduates that my radar picked up:

125. Dylan Cendeno NJ
        125. Jake Bibler MT
        125. Joey Thompson MN
        125. Paxton Creese MN
        133. Charlie Pickell MN
        141. Gage Krolikowski NE
        141. Kellyn March SD
        149. Lucas Anglin SD
        157. Carlos Ruffo MN
        165. Cooper Voorhes SD
        174. Colton Krell MN
        174. Shaeden Schiedt SD
        285. Nash Hutmacher SD

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          So your saying there is a chance! My gut tells me wrestling is his greatest passion!
          If I had to guess, it probably is and his dad liked a tweet that said that it's too bad that Nash can't live two lives and do both things that he loves

Nebraska is recruiting him pretty hard for football though so that would be hard for him to pass up especially with football being a better future for him after college
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            I don't see Nash wrestling and I don't think that Hahn does either. He's already picked up Trenary and I don't think he would have if he thought that he had a chance with Nash.

Outside of Hutmacher, there are a bunch of good prospects out there. I keep a spreadsheet of potential recruits that I like for SDSU; here are the 2020 graduates that my radar picked up:

125. Dylan Cendeno NJ
            125. Jake Bibler MT
            125. Joey Thompson MN
            125. Paxton Creese MN
            133. Charlie Pickell MN
            141. Gage Krolikowski NE
            141. Kellyn March SD
            149. Lucas Anglin SD
            157. Carlos Ruffo MN
            165. Cooper Voorhes SD
            174. Colton Krell MN
            174. Shaeden Schiedt SD
            285. Nash Hutmacher SD
            If Hahn doesn't see him wrestling I don't think he would follow him on social media and acknowledge his posts. Given that Nash has already taken a visit to Wisconsin and hung with Bono, I'd say he's heavily considering the sport. Also even if we do have a really solid HWT already come in, you don't pass on a kid like Nash if he has some interest. We don't have that luxury.

Comment

I hope they allow Nash to do both sports if that’s what he wants. If he picks wrestling, he can pick literally anywhere in the country as the #1 HWT nationally. If he comes to SDSU, he could really have a legacy and generate some major interest for the program and the sport within the Midwest. If he picks football (at any school including SDSU), he’ll be some guy named Nash on the roster. He’s no doubt an explosive and talented athlete, but I saw it over and over when a highly touted recruit showed up and got buried on the roster behind several other guys that were also highly touted recruits.

I hope he comes here but I hope he picks what makes him happy and successful ultimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                I hope they allow Nash to do both sports if that’s what he wants. If he picks wrestling, he can pick literally anywhere in the country as the #1 HWT nationally. If he comes to SDSU, he could really have a legacy and generate some major interest for the program and the sport within the Midwest. If he picks football (at any school including SDSU), he’ll be some guy named Nash on the roster. He’s no doubt an explosive and talented athlete, but I saw it over and over when a highly touted recruit showed up and got buried on the roster behind several other guys that were also highly touted recruits.

I hope he comes here but I hope he picks what makes him happy and successful ultimately.
                It might be tough for him to do both. He’s a big dude and his football weight is gonna be quite a big higher than 285 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  It might be tough for him to do both. He’s a big dude and his football weight is gonna be quite a big higher than 285 lbs.
                  He will be picking 1 sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    He will be picking 1 sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    It would be tough and demanding to do both Football & Wrestling due to the physical toll but if he's a D-Linemen (I don't know if he's OL or DL prospect) weight may not be as big of an issue. Either way if it's the only way to get him to Brookings, I say let him play both. Based on he and his dad's Twitter posts I get the impression they would be interested in exploring both. Now football coaches may say no, as they would be on the hook scholarship wise, but who knows.

To me it's at least exciting that Hahn & Co. may actually be in the hunt for this kid.

Comment

3x state champion Skyler Crespo from Michigan is visiting SDSU April 19-21

https://twitter.com/skylercrespo/sta...216488448?s=21
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I copied this off a Guillotine thread...

Just a note to Minnesota Wrestling Fans: Owatonna High School Wrestler Cade King won his match at 182 lbs, competing for the USA Team in the annual Dream Team Classic. This annual event features the best of the high school seniors in the USA vs the best of particular states. This year's event was held today at Lyons Township High School in LaGrange (Chicago Suburb), IL. Cade King won his match in convincing fashion, by a 13-5 Major Decision. The USA Dream Team also defeated the Illinois Dream Team by a score of 45-6. Looks like a blowout score, but there were several very good matches, won mostly by the USA Team. This event is sponsored by Wrestling USA Magazine and Cliff Keen Athletic. A great event! Minnesota has hosted this event twice over the years. The first time at Apple Valley High School in 2000. In 2016 New Prague High School hosted this event. Congratulations to Owatonna's Cade King for representing Minnesota well! Cade will head off to South Dakota State University next Fall and wrestle for the Jackrabbits!

Comment

I had to do a little digging about Cade King on our board. Much of our future hopes for Jackrabbit wrestling have focused on Nash and Tanner Sloan. It's a great reminder that Hahn is bringing in some excellent talent next year. AmberValley first reported about King last July. Kudos to AV for keeping positive energy flowing regarding our wrestling program. It's easy to focus on what we've lost these last 16 months instead of the positive energy that is still happening. (Rep points were given to AV.)

Comment

The future is bright!

Comment

If we're able to get everyone to where we need them (Price at 133, Carlson at 174, and Mueller at 184) I would say that the present is pretty bright. I'm just a little worried about 133 and 285 for this coming year but we could have solid wrestlers at every weight. With the class that we'll have redshirting, I'd be surprised if a few of them didn't turn into very good starters in the coming years. Trenery and Devos are plug-and-play caliber guys and I could see guys like King, Schoon and Lamer turning into something.

Comment

Working...
                              X