Home Opener scheduled this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Opener scheduled this weekend

Big series against Peyton Manning’s team, Omaha. Omaha is in first place. Hopefully the facilities people can get the field ready. It would suck to have to take this series on the road. Could be a great atmosphere with baseball and softball both being in town. Both fields need turf badly.

Re: Home Opener scheduled this weekend

I agree. Turf is needed badly. You’re looking at about $400,000 for that infield in Brookings. A plan and donors needed.

As as for this team. 7-2 at this point in the Summit. The weather is looking good for the weekend. Should be a fun series!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

No turf, no home games this weekend moved to Augustana. Blows me away that the majority of Division 2 schools have this and we don’t.

Comment

Need to get turf done ASAP, tough enough to not have home games for the first six weeks of the season. Time for me to pick the correct six numbers and get it done for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
          Need to get turf done ASAP, tough enough to not have home games for the first six weeks of the season. Time for me to pick the correct six numbers and get it done for them.
          After winning the lottery here is the link where you can send that money to.
          https://www.backthejacks.com/sports/baseball/index.html

Comment

Oh Boy, how do you blow a 9 run lead? Well they are just barely old enough to buy beer and they are our guys.

https://argusleader-sd.newsmemory.co...id_subscriber&

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Oh Boy, how do you blow a 9 run lead? Well they are just barely old enough to buy beer and they are our guys.

https://argusleader-sd.newsmemory.co...id_subscriber&
              I will probably get killed for saying this but we left the starter in to long and he got tired, after throwing a hell of a 6 1/3 innings. They started to heat up offensively and they never cooled all weekend. Probably the hottest I have seen a team hit at the collegiate level for a 3 game series.

Despite how hot they were we still should have won 2 of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseJack View Post
                I will probably get killed for saying this but we left the starter in to long and he got tired, after throwing a hell of a 6 1/3 innings. They started to heat up offensively and they never cooled all weekend. Probably the hottest I have seen a team hit at the collegiate level for a 3 game series.

Despite how hot they were we still should have won 2 of the games.
                What was his pitch count at that point?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  What was his pitch count at that point?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  80s to 90s.

Comment

80s to 90s.
                    You are right, we left him in too long, but this does not speak well of relief pitchers.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 04-09-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

You are right, we left him in too long, but this does not speak well of relief pitchers.
                      Your right but when you have a team of that caliber down you can not give them a glimmer of hope. By the time the bullpen was called on the whole mood and complexion of the game had changed and Omaha was rolling.

Comment

We will be fine though. Omaha hit out of their minds this weekend and we still should have taken 2 out of 3. On to the Bison. Just need to make sure there is no hangover assuming the team can get out of Brookings.

Comment

We will be fine though. Omaha hit out of their minds this weekend and we still should have taken 2 out of 3. On to the Bison. Just need to make sure there is no hangover assuming the team can get out of Brookings.
                          It will not any better in Fargo. There is storm watch for this evening and a bunch of snow.

Comment

Bison series moved to Omaha. Double header Saturday at noon, final game Sunday at 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Bison series moved to Omaha. Double header Saturday at noon, final game Sunday at 1.
                              Looks like I found something to do in Omaha on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X