X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Ducks @ Portland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjOqlVcS_do
    postgame
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Every higher seed lost to the #1 or #2 seed team, no upsets Yesterday. The first game at Frost, we lost by 8, this time by 10, not much difference in the score, big difference in shooting in the two games. We played hard Yesterday obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
        Their size and I would say all of the travel led to the poor shooting. Play eastern time on Monday and then Pacific on Friday isn't easy. Proud of this group of women and coaches for getting farther than any SD team has gone before!
        I think all that travel was a factor, how many long shots were short or off the front of the rim, Jack's were pressured and tired. Both games last night saw not a ton of fouls called on Oregons bigs or Miss Sts .

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          I think all that travel was a factor, how many long shots were short or off the front of the rim, Jack's were pressured and tired. Both games last night saw not a ton of fouls called on Oregons bigs or Miss Sts .
          I wondered about the effect of all the travel plus playing the game at 10:30 local time.
          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Every higher seed lost to the #1 or #2 seed team, no upsets Yesterday. The first game at Frost, we lost by 8, this time by 10, not much difference in the score, big difference in shooting in the two games. We played hard Yesterday obviously.
            When you look at the way that the tournament is structured, it's amazing that all of the top 16 seeds don't make the Sweet 16. They get two games on their home floor with the advantages of the home crowd and not having to travel. The few teams that don't take advantage of this situation were likely seeded too high to begin with. And it will never happen because of competitive balance and TV, but the the good old days of having geographic regions were definitely more fair than making teams that had their first two games in New York have to jump four time zones to play four days later on the west coast. Playing at 10:00 AM on Saturday and then 10:45 PM seven days later makes no sense. Even a #1 seed like Mississippi State has to wonder why they should have to play a regional final a thousand + miles from home on basically the home court of a lower seed.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
              I wondered about the effect of all the travel plus playing the game at 10:30 local time.
              The time the game was played was not a factor. 1130 for me 1030 for you but only 830 there. My beotch about the game ESPN s coverage, was like a homer Oregon broadcast, learned all about Ionescu and brother to make me puke, never did know how many points Macy or our ladies had, them yes us no, as the game went on we were just an afterthought.

Comment

The time the game was played was not a factor. 1130 for me 1030 for you but only 830 there. My beotch about the game ESPN s coverage, was like a homer Oregon broadcast, learned all about Ionescu and brother to make me puke, never did know how many points Macy or our ladies had, them yes us no, as the game went on we were just an afterthought.
                We did find out thought again Macy is related to Mike Miller. I forgot how. Step brother I think......for those who can't tell I may be kidding.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Never seen a more one sided biased broadcast from beginning to end. They even questioned why SDSU was a 6 seed. Team and conference deserved better.

Comment

Does not sound like I missed!! much by going to bed at 9pm. The announcers calling us San Diego! Good grief. There is a subject taught at South Dakota State called geography. Perhaps the announcers could use some free instruction.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Never seen a more one sided biased broadcast from beginning to end. They even questioned why SDSU was a 6 seed. Team and conference deserved better.
                      To be fair, the Jacks never really gave them a lot to talk about during the game. SDSU just happened to have one of their worst game on the offensive side of the ball. The Jacks came in being touted as a great offensive team and once it was apparent that wasn't going to be the case, the narrative have to change.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        To be fair, the Jacks never really gave them a lot to talk about during the game. SDSU just happened to have one of their worst game on the offensive side of the ball. The Jacks came in being touted as a great offensive team and once it was apparent that wasn't going to be the case, the narrative have to change.
                        I'm looking forward to see how Ruthy Hebard does against Teaira McCowan, most interesting matchup to me in Oregon vs Miss St . I want to see how good Ruthy can play against someone she has no height advantage over.

Comment

You missed a lot. The Jack's showed courage in the face of things not going for them as they had. They showed guts not quiting (despite the plea from one fan to intentionally foul down the stretch).
                          As far as announcers, the Jack's are getting plenty of credit. No need to play the us against the world card. If they continue to reach this point, they will get even more respect from an national audience. Well done Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Granted, but so much rah, rah Oregon? The only thing missing was giving them pom poms and them cheering while standing on each others shoulders. Give me a break. I know they have to make money promoting, but they go a tad bit overboard with that ….I've thought this in all their coverage for the most part, for many years, and not just in our games, but all games. But that's ESPN, and they bought the broadcast rights, so we're stuck with them

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                              You missed a lot. The Jack's showed courage in the face of things not going for them as they had. They showed guts not quiting (despite the plea from one fan to intentionally foul down the stretch).
                              As far as announcers, the Jack's are getting plenty of credit. No need to play the us against the wi orld card. If they continue to reach this point, they will get even more respect from an national audience. Well done Jacks
                              Oh really! Everything I know about the game is second hand and what I read on this board to paraphrase KULAWjack's signature and that might be my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                                As far as announcers, the Jack's are getting plenty of credit. No need to play the us against the world card. If they continue to reach this point, they will get even more respect from an national audience. Well done Jacks
                                Against a team that ranks 15th in the country in FT% it doesn't work well ,Syracuse tried that against us (# 3) and all it did is increase our lead. But against average FT shooting teams, yes, why not see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X