GDT: Jackrabbits vs Ducks @ Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Ducks @ Portland

Big time coaches live in bubbles. Oftentimes clueless about anyone appearing to be "lesser" to them. There is no way they take on the chore to personally fill out a coaches' poll. That would be beneath them. Clueless assistants are tasked with that duty. Heck, Kim Mulkey told a national audience last Friday that that she doesn't pick out her outfits that she wears at games, friends do that for her. Then, she waits for the makeup person to show up to apply make up and do her hair. Truth. So, why would anyone care about a coaches' poll? Meaningless and the results, other than the top 5-6 places, are grabbed out of hat. Kind of reminds me of a woman I met several years ago when she told me about her father's last words before he died. She said, "He looked at me and said, 'It's all bull****.'" Yup, that's about right.

Comment

2008-09 team finished 19th in final poll and didn’t make sweet sixteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
        Big time coaches live in bubbles. Oftentimes clueless about anyone appearing to be "lesser" to them. There is no way they take on the chore to personally fill out a coaches' poll. That would be beneath them. Clueless assistants are tasked with that duty. Heck, Kim Mulkey told a national audience last Friday that that she doesn't pick out her outfits that she wears at games, friends do that for her. Then, she waits for the makeup person to show up to apply make up and do her hair. Truth. So, why would anyone care about a coaches' poll? Meaningless and the results, other than the top 5-6 places, are grabbed out of hat. Kind of reminds me of a woman I met several years ago when she told me about her father's last words before he died. She said, "He looked at me and said, 'It's all bull****.'" Yup, that's about right.
        Ah, parental last words. My mother's were "there must be something wrong with me, I only smoked a pack and a half today." A friend's father's final words were, "Get out of here, I have to take a $h*t."

Comment

And then there's the weird requests, a friend of mine said he was going to request having "I finally quit smoking" engraved on his headstone.

Comment

Working...
          X