Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Ducks @ Portland

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    DISGRACEFUL! We weren't trying to foul at the end of the game. Our staff's strategy was to give up at then end. TO be clear, we probably still lose but I'm angry how we didn't try everything at the end. not upset about anything else.
    Eh I never felt like we were in it since Oregon’s run in the second half. What was the closest we got at the end? 10 points for about 5 seconds? I’m fine with the way we played. We hit a 3 or 2 and it’s a different story. I personally didn’t feel like we had a chance at the end. Just never put multiple good possessions together to bring it to about 8 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the run ladies. It was fun! Kudos!

Comment

We got beat by a better team. No shame in that at all. One loss can not erase an incredible season.

Comment

Slosho. Say what? Go to bed. You are obviously delusional.

Comment

You can be mad about the end but let’s take a second and be proud of these ladies. Absolutely amazing what they accomplished. Summit League regular season and tourney champs. Won 2 NCAA games. Sweet 16 birth. What a career from Macy and Madi. So much to be proud of. What a season for SDSU sports. Will be remembered forever.

Comment

As horribly as we shot, to only lose by 10 says a lot. How can anyone get down on this team ( not that anyone has) after the great year they all gave us. Proud of each and everyone of these players....got the "get to the sweet 16 monkey off our backs"....great job Ladies!!

Comment

In the future against top 15-level teams, the Jacks may be best off just cranking up threes. It's really hard to compete in the paint with opponents who have multiple, athletic bigs. But that's an issue for next season. Good season, Jacks! Thanks for all the thrills!
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  Eh I never felt like we were in it since Oregon’s run in the second half. What was the closest we got at the end? 10 points for about 5 seconds? I’m fine with the way we played. We hit a 3 or 2 and it’s a different story. I personally didn’t feel like we had a chance at the end. Just never put multiple good possessions together to bring it to about 8 or so.

So just give up. Ok.
                  Personally I'm not a fan of giving up before the final whistle. Guess it's just a matter of a bygone era.

Comment

You can be mad about the end but let’s take a second and be proud of these ladies. Absolutely amazing what they accomplished. Summit League regular season and tourney champs. Won 2 NCAA games. Sweet 16 birth. What a career from Macy and Madi. So much to be proud of. What a season for SDSU sports. Will be remembered forever.

I am in 100% agreeance with this.

Comment

So just give up. Ok.
                      Personally I'm not a fan of giving up before the final whistle. Guess it's just a matter of a bygone era.
                      You have some validity to your argument. Just thought it was a little outrageous to be furious about that after the run these ladies had.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        As horribly as we shot, to only lose by 10 says a lot. How can anyone get down on this team ( not that anyone has) after the great year they all gave us. Proud of each and everyone of these players....got the "get to the sweet 16 monkey off our backs"....great job Ladies!!
                        We might just look back at this season and the one that started another run for the Jacks. I think that the fanbase was becoming a little complacent with the program and this run has recharged a great many folks. Only one team gets to end the season with a win (let's not talk about the NIT), and to think that we were one of the final 16 teams standing is a HUGE deal.

I think that we all knew that we would have an uphill battle against a very good Oregon team, but as undersized as we were these ladies fought and played great defense. Shots didn't fall. It happens. I am already to get my season tickets for next year! When do they go on sale!
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So just give up. Ok.
                          Thank god that is a bygone era.

The hack and pray is a legitimate plan if a team is within two or three possessions. All it does after that is drag out the inevitable.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

You have some validity to your argument. Just thought it was a little outrageous to be furious about that after the run these ladies had.

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              In the future against top 15-level teams, the Jacks may be best off just cranking up threes. It's really hard to compete in the paint with opponents who have multiple, athletic bigs. But that's an issue for next season. Good season, Jacks! Thanks for all the thrills!
                              To be honest, I've thought about how that'd turn out sometimes, but I don't think it's a winnable long term solution to being out sized, even as good as we are most times shooting three's (especially with Maddie and Macy).Better to recruit the positions we are most weak at.You get 5 on the court at a high level of performance, and 2-3 off the bench just about as good, you can compete with anyone.

Comment

How tall was that Oregon center?

Comment

Working...
                                X