X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Henderson

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
    He's on a plane to Wichita as we speak!
    Funny. Maize is essentially a suburb of Wichita.

Good move, I think. I'm on board with Coach Henderson.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

https://twitter.com/caleb_grill0/status/1052946900696162305

FWIW Caleb did post a pic of him and Hendo back in October when EH came for a Home Visit, so i'm safely going to assume Hendo was the lead recruit on Grill. Probably a tough decision for the you man as he most likely built a solid relationship with both TJ and Hendo. Either way SDSU will be fine IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
        https://twitter.com/caleb_grill0/status/1052946900696162305

FWIW Caleb did post a pic of him and Hendo back in October when EH came for a Home Visit, so i'm safely going to assume Hendo was the lead recruit on Grill. Probably a tough decision for the you man as he most likely built a solid relationship with both TJ and Hendo. Either way SDSU will be fine IMO.
        This is 100% accurate. Coach Henderson was the lead recruiter working with Caleb Grill throughout his recruitment, and worked tirelessly to get it done. I'm sure TJ built that strong connection during and ultimately sealed the deal as any head coach should, but having Coach Henderson take the reins gives us the the best chance to keep Caleb a Jackrabbit if folks deem that as critical.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Good job by Justin Sell to get this deal done so quickly. Coach Henderson seems to be very highly regarded, so I'm anxious to see what he can do about keeping Grill and DJ around and developing this team.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

First off, follow the link and give our new Head Coach a follow! He has a long way to go to reach Otz's number of followers.

Second, his response to becoming the Head Coach is great and rather selfless. He points out this week is not about him but about the women's program and their run to the Sweet 16. That alone makes me happy to have him as the Head Coach! I think Sell put the right man at the helm!

https://twitter.com/EHendo40/status/1111238073990426624
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Really the obvious question for this program moving has to be what is going to be on the "Hendo Burger"?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Really the obvious question for this program moving has to be what is going to be on the "Hendo Burger"?

SUPERBUNNY
                I'm thinking it should be one of those with Bacon and a fried egg on it. (for some reason)... just seems right.

Comment

I am going to root hard for Coach Henderson, but I do have a question. ....if he is unable to salvage DJJ and Grill are we still as optimistic about quickly hiring an unproven coach?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                    I am going to root hard for Coach Henderson, but I do have a question. ....if he is unable to salvage DJJ and Grill are we still as optimistic about quickly hiring an unproven coach?
                    Yes. Because any coach coming in with the departure of Grill and DJJ would have had a tough road ahead. And let's all remember that Grill hasn't even set foot on campus. We all hope he will have an immediate impact but that far more the exception rather than the norm. He's going to be a TRUE FRESHMAN. Expecting him to suddenly be our best player is silly. I mean Mike Daum had to redshirt before he got to where he is. Owen King was supposed to "the guy" in this year's class. He was okay but still played very much like a freshman.

Comment

I'm liking this hire. Although Coach Hendo lacks Coach Otz's experience, he might have bigger, long-term upside. His engaging personality certainly seems to go over well with players and fans, anyway. Maybe he'll hire an assistant (or two) to fill any gap he has in experience. (He can always get advice from us experts on the fan board, too.) Also, as I understand it, UNLV will have to give SDSU a fat check to get Otz out of his contract. Credit Sell for extending Otz's contract and protecting SDSU as well as the coach. I also credit Sell and the university president for not dilly-dallying around in making a hire.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

As with all hirings and movement among coaches one questions always pops in to my head. Are we paying Sell enough to keep him in Brookings?

It seems he has knocked it out of the park in his tenure here and I would like to see him stay until he is ready to be done. Needless to say I think he does a hell of a job and I am glad he is here now.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                          As with all hirings and movement among coaches one questions always pops in to my head. Are we paying Sell enough to keep him in Brookings?

It seems he has knocked it out of the park in his tenure here and I would like to see him stay until he is ready to be done. Needless to say I think he does a hell of a job and I am glad he is here now.
                          Great Question! I'm sure President Barry Dunn is on top of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

With how our athletics have been doing across the board I’m sure one of the bigger fish in the sea will notice at some point. Hope we can keep him long enough to navigate the eventual football transition in coaching, but much longer than that would make me pretty happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

FYI, Henderson is live on KWSN right now.

Comment

Henderson said that when Dunn and Sell announced to the team that he was going to be the next head coach the players went crazy and were so excited. Good to hear.

Gaskins prodded a bit asking about what Jenkins' plans are and if he'll be back next year... Henderson said that he has no reason to think he wouldn't be back. Take that with a grain of salt, but it's better than hearing something else.

Hendo (going to use this from now on... I like it and it's easier than typing the full name) talked about developing a toughness and especially some discipline on the defensive end. Basically exactly what people thought Otz didn't instill enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X