Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Coach Henderson

Default Re: Coach Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Frost may not look like an amazing venue but it’s still special because of the butts in the seats. Every team in the summit would kill for the fans the Rabbits have.
    As far as players Nd on the court it's good for shooting and depth perception. the issues to me have been every since they ruined the student bleachers in the early 2000s and raised them up on the side and under the baskets. Made sights lines. Lot worse for the people in the cheap seats.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    As far as players Nd on the court it's good for shooting and depth perception. the issues to me have been every since they ruined the student bleachers in the early 2000s and raised them up on the side and under the baskets. Made sights lines. Lot worse for the people in the cheap seats.
    Iím guessing the players and recruits donít care too much about upper deck sight lines.

Iím guessing the players and recruits donít care too much about upper deck sight lines.
    Although this is not the topic of this thread, I would like to point out the players on the court notice the student sections in its' current arrangement. Opposing teams feel like the students are right on top of them and that it can be rather intimidating. It can also give a boost to the Jacks because the energy is directly connected to them. I have liked this as a student and have liked how it makes Frost unique from other venues. This is just my opinion and I'm excited for the renovations to begin, but I do believe the energy will change a bit when the student section is changed again.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

I’m guessing the players and recruits don’t care too much about upper deck sight lines.
    Yeah I meant that as more of a fan issue.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post
    A bit quarky but seems likable, first time I've ever heard him speak. One thing in that video that stuck out to me were a couple highlights of Dentlinger & Dillon. My grumpy attitude of the roster depletion would greatly turn if Hendo, who's a big guy himself, develops and turns those two into Summit League Studs. Lot of potential from the small glimpses we saw this past season. Honestly think TJ knew he was leaving and wanted to focus more on the seniors & DJJ to carry the load for another big season and less on developing young guys knowing it wouldn't matter to him.
    I am not sure what you mean by quarky. I do a google and it come up quirky and you get all sorts of meanings. It was a very good interview by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by quarky. I do a google and it come up quirky and you get all sorts of meanings. It was a very good interview by the way.
    Whoops, spelling error! I'm sure some of you have noticed my spelling and sentence structure is poor. Always more of a talker than writer, ha. Below is a definition of what I meant but I would replace "Weird" with "Goofy". It's all based off of his mannerisms and speech style, not meant as a dis. Nagy was a serious introvert when a camera was put in his face (Far different behind the scenes), TJ is a Salesmen, and Hendo seems completely different, almost a less intense Tim Miles.

"The most important thing to understand is that quirky is "weird" in an endearing way. People who are quirky are just weird enough to be interesting and intriguing but not weird enough to repel. Someone who's quirky has a few odd traits and habits but is not creepy or off-putting."

Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Whoops, spelling error! I'm sure some of you have noticed my spelling and sentence structure is poor. Always more of a talker than writer, ha. Below is a definition of what I meant but I would replace "Weird" with "Goofy". It's all based off of his mannerisms and speech style, not meant as a dis. Nagy was a serious introvert when a camera was put in his face (Far different behind the scenes), TJ is a Salesmen, and Hendo seems completely different, almost a less intense Tim Miles.

"The most important thing to understand is that quirky is "weird" in an endearing way. People who are quirky are just weird enough to be interesting and intriguing but not weird enough to repel. Someone who's quirky has a few odd traits and habits but is not creepy or off-putting."
    You are not alone on the spelling and sentence structure. I still don't fully comprehend the who and whom rule. Probably never will, but I think Coach Henderson will be well liked among the Jackrabbit nation. After all he was recruited and coached by Greg McDermott, whom I recall was at one time a UND assistant for Rich Glas, at about the same time Nagy first came to SDSU. I suspect Eric got good training and is now qualified to be our head coach.

Any reports from the meet and greet with the coaching staff last night ?

It appears that the Jacks weren't the only one of the better mid-majors with coaching vacancies that promoted from within. Both Buffalo and Wofford hired current assistants for their openings.

Any word on who Hendo is looking at for the last assistant coach?