Coach Henderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Henderson

Chris Beard was coaching d2 basketball as of 5 years ago.

Comment

He was a long time DI assistant under Bob Knight.

Comment

Just replying to post 88 and 89. Understand he had d1 ac experience. Still, not many go from d2 head to d1 head. I was just naming one off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
          Just replying to post 88 and 89. Understand he had d1 ac experience. Still, not many go from d2 head to d1 head. I was just naming one off the top of my head.
          He was a long time D1 assistant (15 years) at Texas Tech and University of Texas including several years as associate head coach at TTU. Yes technically he was a D2 HC that went to D1 Arkansas-Little Rock but his credentials are fairly solid without the D2 HC-ing experience. There are not a lot of D2 HC's that have that type of a background.

Comment

Have the terms of Hendo's contract been released?

Comment

I hope Hendo has a plan together and in action real quick. The Miller pitchforks haven’t gotten any duller during the Otz run.....
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
                Have the terms of Hendo's contract been released?
                I dont think so.

Comment

Tyler M. interview w/ Hendo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnKW...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    I'm excited to see what Hendo brings to the table. I LOVE his comments about being tougher.

Comment

• Re: Coach Henderson

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      I had never seen an interview with Hendo, only being familiar with his sideline persona. It was surprising to see how genuine and warm he comes across with Tyler. I knew someone would quickly make note of his quote about "playing with more grit, toughness and physicality - especially on the defensive end". Get it done!

It definitely won't be quick, but let's give him a chance to mold this program. Seeing that interview put me in a better mood after the Grill/Jenkins mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I had never seen an interview with Hendo, only being familiar with his sideline persona. It was surprising to see how genuine and warm he comes across with Tyler. I knew someone would quickly make note of his quote about "playing with more grit, toughness and physicality - especially on the defensive end". Get it done!

It definitely won't be quick, but let's give him a chance to mold this program. Seeing that interview put me in a better mood after the Grill/Jenkins mess.
                        One thing we could all note. It doesn't take highly rated recruits to win here. Our two most decorated Jacks of all time weren't exactly garnering a ton of interest from major college programs. Wolters had zero other DI offers.

Did Daum have any other DI offers? Regardless, those two turned out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Henderson has gotten rave reviews from the people I know and trust in the college basketball coaching circle.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

It appears that Curtis Weathers is staying on the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see who Henderson brings in for the final spot. Do they bring in someone who has some head coaching experience, or do they find a young gung-ho recruiter to go out and beat the bushes for prospects ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              It appears that Curtis Weathers is staying on the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see who Henderson brings in for the final spot. Do they bring in someone who has some head coaching experience, or do they find a young gung-ho recruiter to go out and beat the bushes for prospects ?
                              It appears the entire coaching staff including Dir of Ops is staying on ... which is a good thing. Continuity was a big key here. Last coaching position will be interesting. None of the assistant coaches have deep recruiting experience. Hendo needs to good guy on his staff ... I suspect he knows several very qualified individuals. McDermott and TJ may also be able to help in that regard too!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                                It appears the entire coaching staff including Dir of Ops is staying on ... which is a good thing. Continuity was a big key here. Last coaching position will be interesting. None of the assistant coaches have deep recruiting experience. Hendo needs to good guy on his staff ... I suspect he knows several very qualified individuals. McDermott and TJ may also be able to help in that regard too!
                                None of the assistants have deep recruiting experience? Klink for one has been at SDSU for 14 years. I'd call that experienced.

Hendo's been in college basketball for 7 years......

Comment

Working...
                                X