Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Henderson

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
    if he was so encouraging about players honoring commitment I’m surprised he’s going to have conversations with grill this weekend according to beat writers at unlv.
    How does a coach with no experience sell a program and a school he had no involvement in a week ago? The answer is recruits (mostly) choose a coach not a school.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Grill decommited. Its TJs job to get the best players for his team. Is he suppose to sit back and do nothing?
      It would be dumb for tj to not at least talk to him. If we had brought in a coach from an outside school we probably wouldn't be to upset if he ended up bringing his recruits with him.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
        if he was so encouraging about players honoring commitment I’m surprised he’s going to have conversations with grill this weekend according to beat writers at unlv.
        Since Grill is no longer a SDSU commit, so there isn't anything to honor. I guess that answers the question as to whether Hendo or TJ had a bigger impact on the recruitment process of Grill.

It is too bad that we really have no idea what SDSU's style will be with the new staff. That kind of uncertainty can be scary for a mid-to-high level recruit.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          How does a coach with no experience sell a program and a school he had no involvement in a week ago? The answer is recruits (mostly) choose a coach not a school.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          My point is let’s not hail him a saint for telling all the commits to honor their commitment, especially when you talk to him 2 days later and probably throughout the whole process. Everyone knows players follow coaches.

Comment

Prediction: If Grill does land at UNLV, he will be there longer than Otzelberger.

Comment

The last two coaches were fired. The one I think Dave rice was fired after 4.5 years, made 2 tournaments and beat the #1 team in the country twice. Unlv demands a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                Prediction: If Grill does land at UNLV, he will be there longer than Otzelberger.
                Granted TJ has big shoes to fill, but gone that quickly? We shall see.

Comment

Does it strike anyone else the contrast between what we have witnessed with the career and legacy of Mike Daum to what we have witnessed this past week? Really makes you appreciate what Mike Daum did and gave up for the sake of loyalty. That trait is becoming more rare as we speak. Thank you Mike Daum.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                    Does it strike anyone else the contrast between what we have witnessed with the career and legacy of Mike Daum to what we have witnessed this past week? Really makes you appreciate what Mike Daum did and gave up for the sake of loyalty. That trait is becoming more rare as we speak. Thank you Mike Daum.
                    If there was someone ripe for grad transfer it was daum. But I think he realized how much sdsu means to him. Just see how he is with kids at games etc he gets the big picture like a lot of athletes do. Zenner amongst others was the same way. I feel they would always take time for a fan especially kids.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's probably a good bet to say that Grill winds up at UNLV or SDSU. My money is on UNLV, if Otz creates a scholarship slot for him, and SDSU if he doesn't. I'm bummed out about losing Grill's commitment, but Hendo deserves time. Recruits aside, Otz stunk it up his first half season as the Jacks' coach, then had a couple of great seasons and cashed out.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Hendo talked about building his own program so now he can do with or with out Grill There are a ton of transfers out there. Its a matter of finding ones who fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Hendo talked about building his own program so now he can do with or with out Grill There are a ton of transfers out there. Its a matter of finding ones who fit.
                          Do we have any idea what his kind of program will be? Obviously if everyone stays he will be a guard-heavy offense to begin with, but what happens when "his guys" start to arrive?
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Do we have any idea what his kind of program will be? Obviously if everyone stays he will be a guard-heavy offense to begin with, but what happens when "his guys" start to arrive?
                            I don’t have a clue. Mostly likely stuff out of the Greg McDermott play book. He is the coach that recruited Henderson to Wayne St. McDermott has been very solid in his coaching career. So I have no worries.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 03-30-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                              Disagree. The next step is going to take some time. Plus he likes the town of Vegas and will be real comfortable coaching in the MWC.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                                Disagree. The next step is going to take some time. Plus he likes the town of Vegas and will be real comfortable coaching in the MWC.
                                Gee, wasn't sure with TJ gone we'd see anything from you again. Thanks for sticking around! Hope your a jacks fan now too.

Comment

Working...
                                X