Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Henderson

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Gee, wasn't sure with TJ gone we'd see anything from you again. Thanks for sticking around! Hope your a jacks fan now too.
    He knows hendo too

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
      Prediction: If Grill does land at UNLV, he will be there longer than Otzelberger.
      I see Marvin Menzies, TJ predecessor lasted three years, so sucess is expected.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Gee, wasn't sure with TJ gone we'd see anything from you again. Thanks for sticking around! Hope your a jacks fan now too.
        Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
          He knows hendo too
          You couldn’t find a more upbeat, positive, high character guy than you have in Hendo. Great b-ball mind too.

Comment

I have no problem at all with Hendo as head coach but this hire is a bit surprising. When we hired TJ most thought we had a ready made man in Klinkefus as he was a long time assistant. Sell went with a higher risk/higher reward P5 assistant known as a recruiter with many connections. This time it seems like it was a much different approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              I have no problem at all with Hendo as head coach but this hire is a bit surprising. When we hired TJ most thought we had a ready made man in Klinkefus as he was a long time assistant. Sell went with a higher risk/higher reward P5 assistant known as a recruiter with many connections. This time it seems like it was a much different approach.
              I too, was very surprised by the swift hire. It would be interesting to read Klinkefus personnel file. I don’t understand being passed over twice. There has to be reasons. I am glad he was promoted to associate head coach. That will keep him here. I think his D1 experience is limited to SDSU only and that may be what is holding him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I too, was very surprised by the swift hire. It would be interesting to read Klinkefus personnel file. I don’t understand being passed over twice. There has to be reasons. I am glad he was promoted to associate head coach. That will keep him here. I think his D1 experience is limited to SDSU only and that may be what is holding him back.
                Suppose that could be an explanation, but as you mentioned, he is being promoted, so it's not as if he's languishing as a lowly assistant. Plus, if he does ever want to move on, he can mention that he's benefited from being an assistant to three different head coaches who utilized different schemes and coaching strategies.

Comment

Yes your points are well taken. Reputation points given

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    Most people don't really believe this do they? There's no way klink is head coach material for the jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                      Most people don't really believe this do they? There's no way klink is head coach material for the jacks
                      I think some D2 HC experience would be good about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                        Agreed.
                        He hasn’t even been a primary recruiter.
                        At least Hendo coached at Wayne State (D2), Iowa State, SDSU as well as learning what not to do while at NDSU.

If Hendo leaves in 5 years after a successful tenure I’m not sure Klink is a logical candidate to replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          I think some D2 HC experience would be good about now.
                          It’s hard to from D2 to D1. Not a lot of D1 ADs hire successful D2 coaches. Not sure why but ...

Comment

I
                            Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                            It’s hard to from D2 to D1. Not a lot of D1 ADs hire successful D2 coaches. Not sure why but ...
                            P5 yes midmajors not so much, but I cannot off hand think of D2 hires.There are a ton applications whenever an opening in D1 occurs plus a ton of headhunters and agents. Justin Sell made mention of this in the KWSN interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I

P5 yes midmajors not so much, but I cannot off hand think of D2 hires.There are a ton applications whenever an opening in D1 occurs plus a ton of headhunters and agents. Justin Sell made mention of this in the KWSN interview.
                              That’s the point ... you think it should be that way but it isn’t.
                              Last edited by wcbsas; 03-31-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                                That’s the point ... you think it should be that way but it isn’t.
                                I wonder how often D2 coaches use headhunters and have agents? Not very much would be my guess. They usually don’t have contracts that are multi-year and involve millions of dollars. e.i. Tim Miles as an example.

Comment

Working...
                                X