Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coach Henderson

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Thanks for sharing this link. Seems like an easy coach to root for, and I'm looking forward to how his staff and philosophy evolve during upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      Thanks for sharing this link. Seems like an easy coach to root for, and I'm looking forward to how his staff and philosophy evolve during upcoming season.
      A bit quarky but seems likable, first time I've ever heard him speak. One thing in that video that stuck out to me were a couple highlights of Dentlinger & Dillon. My grumpy attitude of the roster depletion would greatly turn if Hendo, who's a big guy himself, develops and turns those two into Summit League Studs. Lot of potential from the small glimpses we saw this past season. Honestly think TJ knew he was leaving and wanted to focus more on the seniors & DJJ to carry the load for another big season and less on developing young guys knowing it wouldn't matter to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
        A bit quarky but seems likable, first time I've ever heard him speak. One thing in that video that stuck out to me were a couple highlights of Dentlinger & Dillon. My grumpy attitude of the roster depletion would greatly turn if Hendo, who's a big guy himself, develops and turns those two into Summit League Studs. Lot of potential from the small glimpses we saw this past season. Honestly think TJ knew he was leaving and wanted to focus more on the seniors & DJJ to carry the load for another big season and less on developing young guys knowing it wouldn't matter to him.

I have been told to expect a lot of good things/surprises from Alou. They are high on him. He is a absolute athletic dude so I won't doubt them.

Comment

With as many people as their are in the transfer portal I am optimistic that Coach Hendo will bring in some upperclassman that can score/shoot. We are still the flagship basketball program in the Summit league with great fans, renovations to our facilities coming soon, conference tournament in our backyard with the blue ninjas (what Hendo called us fans).

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
            With as many people as their are in the transfer portal I am optimistic that Coach Hendo will bring in some upperclassman that can score/shoot. We are still the flagship basketball program in the Summit league with great fans, renovations to our facilities coming soon, conference tournament in our backyard with the blue ninjas (what Hendo called us fans).
            Practice Facility is obviously done but have the Frost Arena renovations started? I know the plan was to start after the completion of the Practice Facility with the goal being done before the start of the season. Curious if they get behind and have to play some games at the Swiftel Center. Sort of like NDSU did during their renovations.

Comment

Practice Facility is obviously done but have the Frost Arena renovations started? I know the plan was to start after the completion of the Practice Facility with the goal being done before the start of the season. Curious if they get behind and have to play some games at the Swiftel Center. Sort of like NDSU did during their renovations.
              No. And I am guessing since there wasn't anything introduced at during the state legislative session for a building project it will not occur this year.

Comment

I've heard that money didn't come in as fast as anticipated and the renovation of Frost won't happen until after next season. I believe the intent is to not miss any home games in Frost though.

Comment

I thought there were 3 phases to the renovation and phase one was the practice facility

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    I've heard that money didn't come in as fast as anticipated and the renovation of Frost won't happen until after next season. I believe the intent is to not miss any home games in Frost though.
                    Money coming in is always unpredictable so I'm not surprised. The plans and timeline were pretty aggressive. While Frost needs a major face lift I'm glad they started with (and completed) the practice facility. To be relevant and competitive in D1 that is a most have and from pics i've see the PF looks State of the Art!

Comment

Money coming in is always unpredictable so I'm not surprised. The plans and timeline were pretty aggressive. While Frost needs a major face lift I'm glad they started with (and completed) the practice facility. To be relevant and competitive in D1 that is a most have and from pics i've see the PF looks State of the Art!
                      Frost may not look like an amazing venue but it’s still special because of the butts in the seats. Every team in the summit would kill for the fans the Rabbits have.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Frost may not look like an amazing venue but it’s still special because of the butts in the seats. Every team in the summit would kill for the fans the Rabbits have.
                        As far as players Nd on the court it's good for shooting and depth perception. the issues to me have been every since they ruined the student bleachers in the early 2000s and raised them up on the side and under the baskets. Made sights lines. Lot worse for the people in the cheap seats.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          As far as players Nd on the court it's good for shooting and depth perception. the issues to me have been every since they ruined the student bleachers in the early 2000s and raised them up on the side and under the baskets. Made sights lines. Lot worse for the people in the cheap seats.
                          I’m guessing the players and recruits don’t care too much about upper deck sight lines.

Comment

I’m guessing the players and recruits don’t care too much about upper deck sight lines.
                            Although this is not the topic of this thread, I would like to point out the players on the court notice the student sections in its' current arrangement. Opposing teams feel like the students are right on top of them and that it can be rather intimidating. It can also give a boost to the Jacks because the energy is directly connected to them. I have liked this as a student and have liked how it makes Frost unique from other venues. This is just my opinion and I'm excited for the renovations to begin, but I do believe the energy will change a bit when the student section is changed again.
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Yeah I meant that as more of a fan issue.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by quarky. I do a google and it come up quirky and you get all sorts of meanings. It was a very good interview by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X