Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    This crap is also exactly why it’s foolish to take a run like SDSU has had for granted. It’s damn hard to stay on top when doing exactly that can easily lead to roster implosion.
    This make this years thud in the SLT that much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The JUCO we had been recruiting was one of the first people to like Jenkins' tweet. Possibly including Grill would make this seem like it may be a three person package deal
      If you're talking about Jonah Antonio was just offered by TJ at UNLV. Pretty sure it's a done deal that DJJ is headed to Vegas with Grill & Antonio. The whole "Honor your commitment" bit by TJ was garbage and all PR. As an Alum, and loyal fan I'm upset by all this. TJ did nothing new in terms of improving the program and just gutted it. It could be rough for the next couple years with the little we have left

Comment

Well, hopefully Sell has complete confidence in Hendo and didn't hire him so quickly without a national search because he thought that recruits and current players would stay... Because that's what the move felt like. Never know, maybe he would have turned out to be the best available option I guess. Hard to believe and swallow at this point.

Comment

What a disaster. Who are the top two leading scorers next year? Arians and who? Douglas? Owen King?

Basically TJ comes in, wins with mainly Nagy’s guys and Mike Daum especially, cashes in (and who can blame him), and then guts the team. Being a mid major really sucks sometimes. Hendo will have his hands full.

Comment

We will never know, but it wouldn't have surprised me if DJJ left even if TJ had stayed. With Daum gone, and after we failed to make the Big Dance this year, I'm guessing Jenkins was thinking that his changes to make the tournament as a Jackrabbit were over. Also, I'll bet he's been drawing some attention from bigger schools.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder if some of these guys are looking at Mooney in the Final Four thinking that could be me....

Comment

Which one best describes the last month for SDSU MBB?

A)

B)

C)

D) All the above

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                  If you're talking about Jonah Antonio was just offered by TJ at UNLV. Pretty sure it's a done deal that DJJ is headed to Vegas with Grill & Antonio. The whole "Honor your commitment" bit by TJ was garbage and all PR. As an Alum, and loyal fan I'm upset by all this. TJ did nothing new in terms of improving the program and just gutted it. It could be rough for the next couple years with the little we have left
                  100% agree with this post. TJ did very little to help this program. That being said, DJJ is a great shooter but I was not looking forward to watching a season full of "Hero Ball" like we saw in Texas. I'm afraid that's what we were maybe going see with Daum gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                    100% agree with this post. TJ did very little to help this program. That being said, DJJ is a great shooter but I was not looking forward to watching a season full of "Hero Ball" like we saw in Texas. I'm afraid that's what we were maybe going see with Daum gone.
                    I think Coach Hendo would have some control over this. You can’t tell me you would rather have DJJ move on opposed to having him on our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                      As much as I want to 100% agree, this echoes how Nagy left an empty cupboard which history has shown was not true as we saw those very players go to 3 postseason tournaments and win 2 regular season conference titles. There are still a few warm bodies that are ready to prove this premise wrong. Of course we will be able to volley that argument for 10 months. Will the loss of previously committed players hurt? Yes it will. Will there be another diamond in the rough come to shine? I certainly hope so. I can find that there are players here and still coming that will keep the Jackrabbits MBB competitive even though things look darker today than 2 weeks ago.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I really hope Hendo focuses his recruiting on kids closer to the area, preferably south dakota kids. TJ passed on the 2 really good players from Tea because we had Grill, which obviously didn't work out. These kids that come here with no ties whatsoever to the state or area of the country are always going to be the first ones to jump ship and leave at the first sign that things might be tough or they think they could play at a higher level. Look at our football team, we have a ton of guys from south dakota, nebraska, minnesota, and iowa. The girls basketball team is the same. I don't understand why the mens bball team can't be that way. Get guys in here that are willing to work their tails off because they want to be a jackrabbit, not because some coach talked them into it.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          I think Coach Hendo would have some control over this. You can’t tell me you would rather have DJJ move on opposed to having him on our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I got the sense TJ didn’t exactly run a tight ship. I can’t ever remember him being publicly critical of the team. That could explain why he was so popular.

TJ pretty much handed DJ the keys to sports car from day 1. He said on multiple occasions DJ has the green light to shoot at anytime. I know there were times he’d jack up a three in transition and miss. I personally wasn’t a fan of that and I’m guessing his teammates probably didn’t like it either.

With TJ gone I could see the reins being pulled back a bit by Hendo which I don’t think would sit well with DJ.

Comment

A new month brings some new faces to our team. Please welcome Jim Maud, Kevin Ting and Ty Slatten!pic.twitter.com/TsgycVxyXe

onl

Only for those with a sense of humor.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I don't think it seems like an obvious that DJJ will go to UNLV. He can play anywhere in the nation. Not a single P5 team would turn away his shooting ability. He can do better than UNLV.

Also I think TJ is catching some unjust heat for players/commits leaving even though he reportedly told them to honor their commitment to SDSU. Even though he said that, players have the right to think for themselves and make decisions accordingly. It's a tough spot for everyone right now. Coaches, players, commits, and us fans.

Unless Grill and/or DJJ decide to stay (which is unlikely at best) it's time to accept this rebuilding and suck it up I guess. Frankly this blows and Hendo kind of needs to get an impact JUCO or something. Coburn oughta be ready to put some big time weight on this summer and Baylor needs to hit the gym, too. It's their time whether they're ready or not.

Comment

I hope we can keep the group we have left together. I think if they can gel and grow together we will be ok in a couple of years. In fact, three years from now we will be in a better position than if Jenkins has stayed just because of how they will have to be a true team and develop leaders. Sometimes when it is a one man show it stunts the growth of those around them even though short term you may be better.

I also hope Coach Hendo doesn't panic with scholarships. I would rather run short and get the right fit than just filling them to get bodies in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X