Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 750

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

  1. #591
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    3,024

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Wingett obviously did enough to impress Hardaway and Miller to get to Memphis and play before his injury. His bing HS video is impressive, kid has huge ups, a smooth release and a very quick first step.
    So he seems like a Jordan Dykstra Version 2 type player.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  2. #592

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    I believe this will be considered by the NCAA when he applies for a hardship waiver. I believe they call it a "run off waiver". This seems like a pretty obscure recruiting website but they do mention it. So I'd say there is a decent chance he could be eligible next season. That would be ideal.

    https://www.athleticscholarships.net...off-waiver.htm
    Not only is that type of waiver just about the only way he will play next season, I think it's also the only way he ends up playing four seasons at SDSU. I just don't think that article about him getting four seasons of playing time is correct. I'm sure he got the medical redshirt waiver for this previous season because it was a clear cut case. But choosing to transfer is usually a voluntary decision, and the NCAA typically doesn't do waivers for those. So if he sits this coming season, I think you only get him for three; if he plays, you get him for four. But I've been wrong before.

  3. #593
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,590

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Not only is that type of waiver just about the only way he will play next season, I think it's also the only way he ends up playing four seasons at SDSU. I just don't think that article about him getting four seasons of playing time is correct. I'm sure he got the medical redshirt waiver for this previous season because it was a clear cut case. But choosing to transfer is usually a voluntary decision, and the NCAA typically doesn't do waivers for those. So if he sits this coming season, I think you only get him for three; if he plays, you get him for four. But I've been wrong before.
    Agreed. If he has to sit this year, there is no way knowing (right now) if he'd be granted a 6th year of eligibility.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

  4. #594
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    2,891

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    So he seems like a Jordan Dykstra Version 2 type player.
    If by version 2 you mean upgraded rather significantly in terms of quickness and hops... then I can sort of see it, not really though, this kid is more athletic for sure. I think the haircut similarity is leading you to that conclusion more than anything else.

  5. #595
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    3,024

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    If by version 2 you mean upgraded rather significantly in terms of quickness and hops... then I can sort of see it, not really though, this kid is more athletic for sure. I think the haircut similarity is leading you to that conclusion more than anything else.
    Version 2 is always the upgrade. Somebody didnt grow up a computer nerd and it really shows. Ha. I think it was more his overall build combined with the ability to shoot.

    Speaking of Jordan...was he the first "big time" recruit that the Jacks had? I had this discussion over a few too many vodka tonics last weekend.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  6. #596
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,664

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Wingett obviously did enough to impress Hardaway and Miller to get to Memphis and play before his injury. His bing HS video is impressive, kid has huge ups, a smooth release and a very quick first step.
    I saw his HS video too, very quick. I am impressed.

  7. #597

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    If he has to sit this year he will use his redshirt. Last year he was granted a medical redshirt because of his injury. Medical Redshirt and the typical Redshirt can both be used. Example A Flatten. The only difference is his medial redshirt was granted prior to his actual redshirt being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    Agreed. If he has to sit this year, there is no way knowing (right now) if he'd be granted a 6th year of eligibility.

  8. #598
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,590

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by hometownjack View Post
    If he has to sit this year he will use his redshirt. Last year he was granted a medical redshirt because of his injury. Medical Redshirt and the typical Redshirt can both be used. Example A Flatten. The only difference is his medial redshirt was granted prior to his actual redshirt being used.
    The NCAA gives you a 5 year window to complete your 4 years of eligibility. You don't automatically get a redshirt on top of a medical redshirt without applying for a 6th year when that time comes. Not saying he wouldn't get it, just saying the NCAA doesn't hand out 6th years in advance...

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

  9. #599
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Version 2 is always the upgrade. Somebody didnt grow up a computer nerd and it really shows. Ha. I think it was more his overall build combined with the ability to shoot.

    Speaking of Jordan...was he the first "big time" recruit that the Jacks had? I had this discussion over a few too many vodka tonics last weekend.
    From a "Recruiting Site" perspective, Yes. Believe ESPN rated him a 3-Star. Chad & Tony showed up on a couple sites but nothing major. Obviously all the "Experts" missed on Nate as in hindsight he should have been the Highest Rated. Daum was an extremely late bloomer that needed a redshirt year to improve his body to play D1 hoops so from High Recruiting perspective he wouldn't even make the top 5. Klink once told me that when he got to campus and played summer ball, he didn't think Mike would last a year at his current state which says a lot about Mike and his commitment to busting his tail to become a big time college hoopster.

    As far as comparisons between Wingett & JD, there are some similarities but (i.e. Height & Shooting Ability) but Jordan was beefier and also played on the Block (PF & C). DW looks more like a big wing with more dribble drive tendencies vs Jordan (SF & Stretch 4). Either way I like what the highlights show, very intriguing prospect for Hendo & Co. Now lets cross our fingers that he can get a waiver to play right away.

  10. #600
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central SD
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Noah Freidel - The comment regarding him staying eligible...any merit to that, as in does he struggle in the classroom? If no merit, I think that type of speculation is a bit over the line.

    David Wingett - What was his injury at Memphis? Being that he only played 4 games I would guess Hendo & Co. submit a waiver for immediate eligibility.

    I went to Teaís graduation last weekend and he had a * by his name for having good grades. I heard Noah is very smart but getting him to class is so sometimes difficult. He will be fine. He was a senior. It was his last chance to really screw off before life gets serious.
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •