Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Guess the new staff did deserve a chance.

That's a good signing. I'm excited to see him in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    I

Oh you disagree with your one word post of “Huge”. If defense is the measure, IDK, the article does talk about Wingett defense. If it’s better than DJJ, then we will be better off. I too, am anxious to see Wingett play. IDK the enrollment of Winnebago High, but I would think might D1 or D2 where many of athletes lack size and talent, but Hendo apparently found and took time to check Out Wingett and formed a good relationship along the way. This is a good sign. To quote Filbert’s signature “I think we will be OK”.
    Wingett obviously did enough to impress Hardaway and Miller to get to Memphis and play before his injury. His bing HS video is impressive, kid has huge ups, a smooth release and a very quick first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Wingett obviously did enough to impress Hardaway and Miller to get to Memphis and play before his injury. His bing HS video is impressive, kid has huge ups, a smooth release and a very quick first step.
    Yes - if they saw enough to go after him we just landed a likely difference maker in the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I forgot about Penny Hardaway and Miller running Memphis. Penny played the part of the rat player in Blue Chips, but apparently his NBA experience is very valuable. Mike Miller probably help connect with SDSU. I dont know for certain, but if they got three top notch recruits coming in I can see them wanting Wingett to move on. I do hope we got a difference maker with Wingett.

Well looks like we got our shooter with the added benefit of him being 6-7 and athletic. Excited about this one.

Sure hope he can play next year. If the ncaa has any common sense a guy who sustained a fairly major injury and was likely asked to leave by his current school should be granted immediate release to play. We all know the ncaa does not use common sense so we will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by tbjack View Post
    Well looks like we got our shooter with the added benefit of him being 6-7 and athletic. Excited about this one.

Sure hope he can play next year. If the ncaa has any common sense a guy who sustained a fairly major injury and was likely asked to leave by his current school should be granted immediate release to play. We all know the ncaa does not use common sense so we will have to see.
    According to a news article out of Nebraska, he was granted a medical hardship so he will have 4 years of eligibility left but will have to sit out next year due to transfer rules. Unless there is a petition in to see if he can play next year.

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/rec...87441cd42.html

Here's a nice article about Wingett from when he signed with Memphis. LINK

Harris noted that Wingett is more athletic than he appears at first glance, with the ability to run the floor, finish at the rim and score off the catch-and-shoot. He’s also developed a Dirk Nowitzki-like stepback jumper in recent years.

“He’s a matchup nightmare,” Harris said. “He’s tough enough to guard someone in the post up to a four, but a four can not guard him, most threes can not guard him and he’s too tall for a two.”

Noah Freidel - The comment regarding him staying eligible...any merit to that, as in does he struggle in the classroom? If no merit, I think that type of speculation is a bit over the line.

David Wingett - What was his injury at Memphis? Being that he only played 4 games I would guess Hendo & Co. submit a waiver for immediate eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Noah Freidel - The comment regarding him staying eligible...any merit to that, as in does he struggle in the classroom? If no merit, I think that type of speculation is a bit over the line.

David Wingett - What was his injury at Memphis? Being that he only played 4 games I would guess Hendo & Co. submit a waiver for immediate eligibility.
    Hair-line leg fracture.