• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Looks like we aren't the only ones waiting on transfer waiver decision:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...02261659099139
    If the NCAA has all the info they need to rule on those 74 waivers and they haven't yet done so, then they are derelict in their responsibilities. If they are still waiting for paperwork from the schools the players are transferring out of, then they need to set a hard deadline for paperwork to be in, with penalties if it is late.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      If the NCAA has all the info they need to rule on those 74 waivers and they haven't yet done so, then they are derelict in their responsibilities. If they are still waiting for paperwork from the schools the players are transferring out of, then they need to set a hard deadline for paperwork to be in, with penalties if it is late.
      spot on, If the NCAA even tried to act like they care about students, they would have a better process for this. Its crazy it takes so long. As much as I am not a fan of the Cali ruling for college athletes, the NCAA sure doesn't do it self any favors.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Per Jeff Goodman's Twitter NCAA has made decisions on 40 Transfers. 36 were granted immediate eligibility, 4 were denied, and 74 players still waiting on a decision. David is still in the group of 74. Glass half full...90% of transfers receiving good news / Glass half empty 74 remaining decisions may take an eternity judging by the NCAA's pace of decision making.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
          Per Jeff Goodman's Twitter NCAA has made decisions on 40 Transfers. 36 were granted immediate eligibility, 4 were denied, and 74 players still waiting on a decision. David is still in the group of 74. Glass half full...90% of transfers receiving good news / Glass half empty 74 remaining decisions may take an eternity judging by the NCAA's pace of decision making.

What a joke... 74 still waiting to hear and the season is less then 2 weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            What a joke... 74 still waiting to hear and the season is less then 2 weeks away.
            How can they plan their academic career if they don't know their status. It just isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
              How can they plan their academic career if they don't know their status. It just isn't right.
              That's not really an issue of concern. They've already been admitted into said University and on scholarship. It's a matter of if a guy like David, can play this year and have 4 full years of eligibility vs. having to sit this year with only 3 years of playing eligibility.

Regardless, the process is ridiculous and decisions should have been already made this summer. David's situation is a little different if the hot rumors are true, Penny Hardaway basically has to admit he recruited over David and there was no longer a scholarship available for him at Memphis. It's a bad look to keep a kid from playing and also a bad look recruiting over current roster players. Other coaches can use that against Penny during recruiting battles.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                That's not really an issue of concern. They've already been admitted into said University and on scholarship. It's a matter of if a guy like David, can play this year and have 4 full years of eligibility vs. having to sit this year with only 3 years of playing eligibility.

Regardless, the process is ridiculous and decisions should have been already made this summer. David's situation is a little different if the hot rumors are true, Penny Hardaway basically has to admit he recruited over David and there was no longer a scholarship available for him at Memphis. It's a bad look to keep a kid from playing and also a bad look recruiting over current roster players. Other coaches can use that against Penny during recruiting battles.
                False. If he is traveling with the team he will take less credits and have less access to academic resources then if he is playing. I don't know his major, but it could affect his progress towards degree depending on when the courses for his major our offered.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  False. If he is traveling with the team he will take less credits and have less access to academic resources then if he is playing. I don't know his major, but it could affect his progress towards degree depending on when the courses for his major our offered.
                  Some one posted that the NCAA cleared 34 out of 78 that were on the portal. Was Wingett one of the 34? That would be nice to know. I think it was a Twitter post I read somewhere or was linked here.

Comment

He's in!!!

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...575155715?s=20

Comment

That is another piece for the team which might be gelling by conference tipoff. I will still be in the glass half full crowd for this year rather than half empty crowd.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That answers my question.

Comment

I won’t pretend to know if Wingett is a star or even good with SDSU but seems like a guy who has the pedigree to be a multi year leading scorer for this team. POTENTIALLY huge. On a team with a bunch of questions more options for success stories the better. This comes with a high ceiling IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                            I won’t pretend to know if Wingett is a star or even good with SDSU but seems like a guy who has the pedigree to be a multi year leading scorer for this team. POTENTIALLY huge. On a team with a bunch of questions more options for success stories the better. This comes with a high ceiling IMO.
                            My gut feeling is that he does not match skills of Mike Daum, but we could be surprised. I don’t think he has his mom for his personal coach, but but Wingett could surprise us in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                              I'll go out on a limb...he's gonna be REALLY good guys. This changes EVERYTHING this year.

https://youtu.be/zeLQ64YygIk
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                My gut feeling is that he does not match skills of Mike Daum, but we could be surprised. I don’t think he has his mom for his personal coach, but but Wingett could surprise us in other ways.
                                He can be a high flyer for sure so at the minimum there should be some decent highlites.

Comment

Working...
                                X