Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 732

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

  1. #491
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,615

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?
    I think it’s fair to say we lost a major building block.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-19-2019 at 05:58 AM.

  2. #492
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Viborg SD
    Posts
    309

  3. #493
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    union city, michigan
    Posts
    4,645

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
    "Everyone wants a little happiness, nobody wants pain. But to get a rainbow, you need a little rain." Kodi

  4. #494
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,615

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
    He has a year to rethink this team stuff.

  5. #495
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    8,399

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Hopefully they like hero ball there. They love him now but if he doesn't help them get better watch out. You think we are butt hurt he left us just wait.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  6. #496

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
    Agree with this whole thing. I really do wish him the best, but I thought the video was a bit much. DJJ had the ability to be both the best player on the floor and the worst player on the floor. That was entirely based upon how much he tried to force it. I think we saw both in his time here, and the end of the Texas game was a good example of the latter scenario. We’ll be fine. It’s time to rally around the guys that want to be here. We have plenty of talent that does.

    One more thing...maybe he should worked a bit more on his defensive fundamentals instead of punching the bag like he did in the video.

  7. #497
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Jenkins chose the path with Otz because he know the Hero ball would be allowed and encouraged. That wasnt going to fly at Gonzaga, Oregon or UCLA and Jenkins knew it. Looking forward to a new era with Hendo who is much less self absorbed and the culture will refect that in my opinion.

  8. #498
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?
    I think he gutted the team by playing the core way too many minutes. It reared its head at tournament time by not having enough depth and guys who had redshirted the year before not getting enough playing time to help contribute Dillon, Krueger and Detlinger. Assume this is why Krueger is transferring. Dillon and to lesser extent Detlinger will now need another year to develop. Otz coached like he was leaving and it cut short what could have been a benchmark year with best player we ever had!

  9. #499
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    The post-Otz roster is taking shape. It actually looks pretty good, and it’s got some depth. By my count, there’s one scholarship available, so a grad transfer could come in and shake things up. But here’s my initial guess for the starting lineup for next season.
    1 – Brandon Key (I'm guessing he'll be back, and he’ll be hungry.)
    2 – Tray Buchanan (very good juco)
    3 – Alex Ariens (lone returning starter)
    4 – Doug Wilson (juco stud)
    5 – Alou Dillon (his time to shine)
    Other players: Owen King, Matt Mims, Noah Freidel, Baylor Scheierman, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen, Owen Coburn and Beau Brown.
    Peace. Love. Coffee. Jackrabbits.

  10. #500
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Brookings
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The post-Otz roster is taking shape. It actually looks pretty good, and it’s got some depth. By my count, there’s one scholarship available, so a grad transfer could come in and shake things up. But here’s my initial guess for the starting lineup for next season.
    1 – Brandon Key (I'm guessing he'll be back, and he’ll be hungry.)
    2 – Tray Buchanan (very good juco)
    3 – Alex Ariens (lone returning starter)
    4 – Doug Wilson (juco stud)
    5 – Alou Dillon (his time to shine)
    Other players: Owen King, Matt Mims, Noah Freidel, Baylor Scheierman, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen, Owen Coburn and Beau Brown.
    Brandon Key is not on the roster for next year, and I'm pretty sure he decided he was gone last fall. Although, Jenkins is still on the roster, so maybe the roster isn't the best clue for us.

    https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •