Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?
    I think it’s fair to say we lost a major building block.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-19-2019 at 05:58 AM.

That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
    "Everyone wants a little happiness, nobody wants pain. But to get a rainbow, you need a little rain." Kodi

Quote Originally Posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
    He has a year to rethink this team stuff.

Hopefully they like hero ball there. They love him now but if he doesn't help them get better watch out. You think we are butt hurt he left us just wait.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Agree with this whole thing. I really do wish him the best, but I thought the video was a bit much. DJJ had the ability to be both the best player on the floor and the worst player on the floor. That was entirely based upon how much he tried to force it. I think we saw both in his time here, and the end of the Texas game was a good example of the latter scenario. We’ll be fine. It’s time to rally around the guys that want to be here. We have plenty of talent that does.

One more thing...maybe he should worked a bit more on his defensive fundamentals instead of punching the bag like he did in the video.

Jenkins chose the path with Otz because he know the Hero ball would be allowed and encouraged. That wasnt going to fly at Gonzaga, Oregon or UCLA and Jenkins knew it. Looking forward to a new era with Hendo who is much less self absorbed and the culture will refect that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?
    I think he gutted the team by playing the core way too many minutes. It reared its head at tournament time by not having enough depth and guys who had redshirted the year before not getting enough playing time to help contribute Dillon, Krueger and Detlinger. Assume this is why Krueger is transferring. Dillon and to lesser extent Detlinger will now need another year to develop. Otz coached like he was leaving and it cut short what could have been a benchmark year with best player we ever had!

The post-Otz roster is taking shape. It actually looks pretty good, and it’s got some depth. By my count, there’s one scholarship available, so a grad transfer could come in and shake things up. But here’s my initial guess for the starting lineup for next season.
    1 – Brandon Key (I'm guessing he'll be back, and he’ll be hungry.)
    2 – Tray Buchanan (very good juco)
    3 – Alex Ariens (lone returning starter)
    4 – Doug Wilson (juco stud)
    5 – Alou Dillon (his time to shine)
    Other players: Owen King, Matt Mims, Noah Freidel, Baylor Scheierman, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen, Owen Coburn and Beau Brown.
    Peace. Love. Coffee. Jackrabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The post-Otz roster is taking shape. It actually looks pretty good, and it’s got some depth. By my count, there’s one scholarship available, so a grad transfer could come in and shake things up. But here’s my initial guess for the starting lineup for next season.
    1 – Brandon Key (I'm guessing he'll be back, and he’ll be hungry.)
    2 – Tray Buchanan (very good juco)
    3 – Alex Ariens (lone returning starter)
    4 – Doug Wilson (juco stud)
    5 – Alou Dillon (his time to shine)
    Other players: Owen King, Matt Mims, Noah Freidel, Baylor Scheierman, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen, Owen Coburn and Beau Brown.
    Brandon Key is not on the roster for next year, and I'm pretty sure he decided he was gone last fall. Although, Jenkins is still on the roster, so maybe the roster isn't the best clue for us.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!