5 - Coburn (6'10")

Go big or go home!
    Why not small ball.

Key
    Brown
    King
    Mims
    Arians
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Why not small ball.

Key
      Brown
      King
      Mims
      Arians
      It most likely will be a combination of small/big. I watched the highlights of SDSU/KU game in 2017. Who looked the most impressive in that game? Key made some great assists. DJJ was no where to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Why not small ball.

Key
        Brown
        King
        Mims
        Arians
        Go small and you'll fall. Go tall and you'll maul.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Go small and you'll fall. Go tall and you'll maul.
          There you go!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            Here's another article that refers to Bryan Petersen leaving Kirkwood to become an assistant with the Jackrabbits.

He was a graduate assistant at Iowa State after playing for the Cyclones. He served one year under Greg McDermott and two years under Fred Hoiberg. His playing career included being a JUCO All-American with his two years at Kirkwood. Followed by two years in the starting lineup for the Cyclones.

His head coaching career started at age 25 as interim coach for Kirkwood. He was twice named the national coach of the year, including this last year. With his Iowa roots, he could be a valuable part of recruiting in that state.
            This is great. I had saw on Twitter that he was leaving Kirkwood (I followed their twitter when we were recruiting Wilson), and I didn't see where he was going to.

Seems like a very solid X's and O's guy, and even better seems like he can get the best out of his players in a short period of time. (you HAVE to at that level)

Plus, as mentioned Iowa recruiting would be a huge step up... since we'll probably lose some of TJ's Wisconsin pipeline.

What's Lou Brown's line in Major League? "Coming together, Pepper, coming together."

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              This is great. I had saw on Twitter that he was leaving Kirkwood (I followed their twitter when we were recruiting Wilson), and I didn't see where he was going to.

Seems like a very solid X's and O's guy, and even better seems like he can get the best out of his players in a short period of time. (you HAVE to at that level)

Plus, as mentioned Iowa recruiting would be a huge step up... since we'll probably lose some of TJ's Wisconsin pipeline.

What's Lou Brown's line in Major League? "Coming together, Pepper, coming together."
              Henderson's Wisconsin background should help keep those recruiting channels open.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                My projected starting lineup might change if Wingett becomes eligible for 2019-2020. But for now I'll stick with my prior guess:
                1 - Brandon Key
                2 - Tray Buchanan
                3 - Alex Ariens
                4 - Doug Wilson
                5 - Dillon Alou
                I'll also guess that in addition to Wingett, guard Owen King and wings Noah Freidel and Baylor Scheierman will be strongly in the mix for starting spots. Matt Dentlinger will back up or share time with Alou. Aaron Fiegen also will be available as a backup. Matt Mims is an X factor at guard, and Beu Brown will remain an enthusiastic backup. Owen Coburn is most likely to redshirt.
                This is the projected starters I have as well with the 5 spot being interchangeable between Dillon and Dentlinger. If Coburn is ready to go, I could see him and Dentlinger splitting time at the 5 and Dillon splitting time with Wilson at the 4. I'm not sure if Fiegen is projected as a 5. I see him more of a stretch 4. I could also see him filling in at the 3 spot for Ariens. I think Wingett will be able to play the 2, 3 or 4. He looks very versatile and has great length.

Comment

Brandon Key and David Wingett have been added to the Jacks' official roster for 2019-2020. There's still room for a walk-on or two. And we're still short two assistant coaches.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
                  I noticed that a few players have put on some weight since last year. Arians added 10 pounds, Mims added 10 pounds, and Fiegen added 15 pounds. Dentlinger dropped 10 pounds to 240.

Comment

My projected starting lineup might change if Wingett becomes eligible for 2019-2020. But for now I'll stick with my prior guess:
                    1 - Brandon Key
                    2 - Tray Buchanan
                    3 - Alex Ariens
                    4 - Doug Wilson
                    5 - Dillon Alou
                    I'll also guess that in addition to Wingett, guard Owen King and wings Noah Freidel and Baylor Scheierman will be strongly in the mix for starting spots. Matt Dentlinger will back up or share time with Alou. Aaron Fiegen also will be available as a backup. Matt Mims is an X factor at guard, and Beu Brown will remain an enthusiastic backup. Owen Coburn is most likely to redshirt.
                    JUCO's that go to Mid-Majors, tend to take some time to adapt so I guess Wilson backs up Alou & Dentlinger while Buchanan is also one of the first off the bench. If Wingett is granted immediate eligibility I would or could see the lineup below...

1. Brandon Key
                    2. Alex Ariens
                    3. David Wingett
                    4. Alou Dillion
                    5. Matt Dentlinger
                    --------------------
                    O. King
                    D. Wilson
                    T. Buchanan
                    A. Fiegan
                    M. Mims
                    B. Brown
                    **Redshirt all 3 True Freshmen

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                      This is the projected starters I have as well with the 5 spot being interchangeable between Dillon and Dentlinger. If Coburn is ready to go, I could see him and Dentlinger splitting time at the 5 and Dillon splitting time with Wilson at the 4. I'm not sure if Fiegen is projected as a 5. I see him more of a stretch 4. I could also see him filling in at the 3 spot for Ariens. I think Wingett will be able to play the 2, 3 or 4. He looks very versatile and has great length.
                      I saw Fiegen with his parents in a dining establishment in Brookings a couple of months ago and was surprised at how thin he was. Even if he has put on 15 lbs. I don't think there is any chance he could play the 5 - defending a 4 would even be a reach if they would post him up.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                        JUCO's that go to Mid-Majors, tend to take some time to adapt so I guess Wilson backs up Alou & Dentlinger while Buchanan is also one of the first off the bench. If Wingett is granted immediate eligibility I would or could see the lineup below...

1. Brandon Key
                        2. Alex Ariens
                        3. David Wingett
                        4. Alou Dillion
                        5. Matt Dentlinger
                        --------------------
                        O. King
                        D. Wilson
                        T. Buchanan
                        A. Fiegan
                        M. Mims
                        B. Brown
                        **Redshirt all 3 True Freshmen
                        I will say, with some confidence, Freidel will not be redshirting.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I saw Fiegen with his parents in a dining establishment in Brookings a couple of months ago and was surprised at how thin he was. Even if he has put on 15 lbs. I don't think there is any chance he could play the 5 - defending a 4 would even be a reach if they would post him up.
                          I don't know this Fiegen but his brother (who he looks like) had that same body that you could put 15-20 pounds on and not really tell but it helps at the end of the day

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            I will say, with some confidence, Freidel will not be redshirting.
                            Nor will the alleged gamling used video stop him. Noah will do good from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Nor will the alleged gamling used video stop him. Noah will do good from day 1.
                              They are pissed cause he came to Brookings instead of vermon. They want to be us so bad. Their jealousy smells like their town.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                They are pissed cause he came to Brookings instead of vermon. They want to be us so bad. Their jealousy smells like their town.
                                It is like Hannah Sverjen on the WBB for the yotes; she would look much better as a Jackrabbit. We cannot win them all, but 80%-90% is a good start!
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X