Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Nothing against Reed, but the addition of a fresh set of eyeballs and new recruiting connections might be nice.
    If he was elevated to DOBO it wouldn't matter as they are not allowed to recruit. Sometime's in emergencies (Paternity Leave) DOBO's will slide into a Temporary AC role, but they would just maintain the duties of said AC they're filling in for.

Comment

According to Jacks twitter page, transfers Wilson and Buchanan were named NJCAA all Americans and Wilson named player of the year.

Comment

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...320589824?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thankful at this very moment for the moderators and the rules they have put in place. Otherwise, would definitely make a post I would regret.

That’s all I’ve got to say about that!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            There’s not a very good chance he picks SDSU (probably zero), but I hope he goes somewhere else. It’s time for everyone to move on.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The one thing that could make DJJ think twice about leaving would be the fact that if he doesn't get a waiver to play right away, he will be 6 years out of high school when he graduates since he went to a year of prep school. That would make him 24, which wouldn't help his pro prospects. I've seen an article or two about Daum that have said that being 23 doesn't help his chances of being drafted. Most NBA teams seem to prefer 19 or 20 year olds with high potential that they can develop in their systems. Being 23 or 24 also gives a player fewer high level earning years in their pro careers.

Comment

Odds are he goes to homestate and Gonzaga.

Comment

[QUOTE=salemjack;345872]https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...320589824?s=21

Good luck to him. Nice of him to put us on that list, ha.

He’s not Matt Mooney. Mooney was an elite defender, great passer, ball handler, and shooter. He rebounded and played team basketball. Unique case for the Summit. Jenkins has only proven one dimension in his game thus far albeit at an elite level but more on an individual basis. I hope he understands the risk in transferring up and possibility he doesn’t start due to the holes in his game. Not a slam dunk he’s a star or even a starter at a P5.

I agree ready for this to be over and move forward with what we got. Great to see some positive news today with a local kid! Keep it coming!

Comment

I disagree, Jenkins can pass and shoot. Dumb decisions yes, but was a sophomore. The people that don't want him back are clueless. He is a 2-3 WAR player in the Summit. We need scoring. He'll get plenty of time at a P5 even if he just shoots it.

Comment

Tbh with how things played out for Mooney I don’t think it’s going to be good for the Summit League in the future. Every guy that shines as a young player is going to get told the Mooney story, I think we should get used to good players transferring to big programs. Maybe I’m just negative right now.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Tbh with how things played out for Mooney I don’t think it’s going to be good for the Summit League in the future. Every guy that shines as a young player is going to get told the Mooney story, I think we should get used to good players transferring to big programs. Maybe I’m just negative right now.
                        We said the same thing at work. Mooney really hurt the summit league. Daum stayed but didnt work out getting back to the dance but money showed if your legit top of the conference you take the risk. Just it wont work that way for everyone.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          I disagree, Jenkins can pass and shoot. Dumb decisions yes, but was a sophomore. The people that don't want him back are clueless. He is a 2-3 WAR player in the Summit. We need scoring. He'll get plenty of time at a P5 even if he just shoots it.
                          I don’t know that anyone said they didn’t want him back. He’s a great summit player even if one dimensional. Next years team will be lacking in shooting big time.

I agree Mooney hurts the Summit long term. I am simply saying Mooney is a very unique case with his complete skill set. So guys who can score in the summit expecting that type of story are going to be disappointed in most cases.

Comment

I don't disagree it may hurt, but I think it was said elsewhere on here there are close to a thousand names in the portal. Mooney joined a team that wasn't even in the preseason top 25 and ended up in the championship game so he somewhat caught lightening in a bottle. He just as easily could have joined preseason top 25 TCU and missed the tournament altogether.
                            Last edited by NebraskaJack; 04-12-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

The graduate transfer loophole will most likely be adjusted soon.

Comment

Keep in mind that the transfer rule has benefited us in recent years as well.

AJ Hess and Michael Orris were both grad transfers weren't they?

It works both ways...

Comment

Working...
                                X