Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    If you glanced at Bisonville any time in the past 6 months you would have learned that he was among the elite players in the league - only held back by a clueless coach....
    There were definitely some unrealistic expectations in regard to Gue's ceiling over there, but the Bison fans were spot on when they complained about his playing time. He should have been logging at least 25 minutes a game for that team. Probably 30-plus.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Gue eligible immediately unless he transfers within the Summit League. He can still petition if he does transfer within the SL though:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ue/3333323002/

This thread seemed to have two wheels in the ditch with all the Mooney conversation (I can take a broad view of the title "2019-20 Men's Roster" including the speculation about Deng Gue).

Oh well. It's Monday, the weather has been less than ideal and we're slipping into that time of the year when news about Jackrabbits sport starts to get thin...hoping for lots of news out of baseball, softball, track and field and anything else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
    He isn't amazing but the minutes got to a point where it was in his head, watched him get unhappily pulled out of multiple games. He would get his 15-20 minutes no matter how good or poorly he was playing. Need to trust the Richman process or whatever BS.
    I mean, it did kind of work out this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    There were definitely some unrealistic expectations in regard to Gue's ceiling over there, but the Bison fans were spot on when they complained about his playing time. He should have been logging at least 25 minutes a game for that team. Probably 30-plus.
    I'm not so sure he deserved more time. He turned the ball over a lot and he seemed to get uncomfortable at times and he forced things or turned it over. I don't know how well he practiced, how he got along with teammates or his basketball IQ.

There were moments gue seemed to be their best player. By the end of the year it looked like ndsu was just running iso for their guard who got hot.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitball View Post
    I mean, it did kind of work out this year...
    We got hot and lucky at the right time. The league was so weak this year, that said things don't look much better next year. It might be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
    We got hot and lucky at the right time. The league was so weak this year, that said things don't look much better next year. It might be even worse.
    I hope you are right....then we might have a chance!

The 19/20 roster has been put up on the Jacks website. Interesting that Brandon Key is still listed.

https://twitter.com/worldstardave/st...139861515?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk