Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I not sure what you are driving at! The point?????
    What kind of true college experience is Las Vegas!

Comment

I not sure what you are driving at! The point?????
      When Grill committed here, one of his main reasons was the size of the community and the school. There are not many similarities between Brookings and Las Vegas. Which one of the two does Ames more closely resemble ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        When Grill committed here, one of his main reasons was the size of the community and the school. There are not many similarities between Brookings and Las Vegas. Which one of the two does Ames more closely resemble ?
        Thank you, I miss that detail and Ames is what 35,000 or maybe a few thousand more. I don’t he will be into Animal Science at Ames, basketball yes.

Comment

Thank you, I miss that detail and Ames is what 35,000 or maybe a few thousand more. I don’t he will into Animal Science at Ames, basketball yes.
          Google show Ames having 66,000 so slightly more than Brookings but much less than Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Guess we canÂ’t burn TJs house down based on Grills college choice.
            I guess I missed out and all the house burning talk.

It looks like Grill and Carter III both might play for TJ as much as they will play for SDSU. Things could change with the way players transfer now days though.

I can't speak for anybody else but my whole grip with TJ is what he did to SDSU.
            You hear about how TJ came in and saved SDSU his first year because he brought in Orris, Howell and Hess (when healthy). SDSU returned 45% of their playing time and 47% of their points that year. Daum and Reed scored about 50% of SDSU points during TJ's first season at SDSU. Nagy's returning players scored about 71% of the points TJ's first season.
            Now we can look at next season.
            SDSU will return 30% of their playing time and 17% of their scoring.
            This is players who have played during a game for SDSU before.

I don't think SDSU will be terrible but they don't have much proven experience.
            TJ did fine when he was at SDSU. It just would have been nice to see him here next year to see what he could have done with his recruits. I think he was building for 2 or 3 years down the road (even if he stayed) but now it looks like that is the only path since the best two players he recruited left with him.

Comment

Can not fault Caleb Grill for this decision. He got a Big 12 offer, and it's fairly close to his home (probably closer than Brookings? I guess I could google it).

And, Iowa State has had some darn good teams over the past several years. Best wishes to him, and yes, I'll be pulling for him down there.

Comment

The only slight positive here is that I am an SDSU fan first, and an ISU fan second. However my SDSU fandom much much much outweighs my ISU fandom, so it still sucks all around that Grill is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  Can not fault Caleb Grill for this decision. He got a Big 12 offer, and it's fairly close to his home (probably closer than Brookings? I guess I could google it).

And, Iowa State has had some darn good teams over the past several years. Best wishes to him, and yes, I'll be pulling for him down there.
                  I fully agree, he got the offer and why not take it.

Comment

Caleb Grill@caleb_grill0
                    May 7
                    Awesome fans! Going to miss everyone at South Dakota State!
                    Quote Tweet

Lena Grill@grillfamilyof5
                    May 7

Shoutout to the amazing fans at South Dakota State. You have supported Caleb since the day he was offered a scholarship to play. Although he will never be a student-athlete at SDSU you continue to support him. Thank you for being such awesome fans. @caleb_grill0#gojacks

if we are so awesome why didn't you stay.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      Caleb Grill@caleb_grill0
                      May 7
                      Awesome fans! Going to miss everyone at South Dakota State!
                      Quote Tweet

Lena Grill@grillfamilyof5
                      May 7

Shoutout to the amazing fans at South Dakota State. You have supported Caleb since the day he was offered a scholarship to play. Although he will never be a student-athlete at SDSU you continue to support him. Thank you for being such awesome fans. @caleb_grill0#gojacks

if we are so awesome why didn't you stay.
                      My thought is that he was second guessing his commitment once the "big boys" started calling, but didn't have an out until TJ left.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        My thought is that he was second guessing his commitment once the "big boys" started calling, but didn't have an out until TJ left.

Anyone heard if we are adding a grad transfer or sit transfers?

Comment

"Just got to vegas "

https://twitter.com/WorldStarDave/st...33386064785411

Comment

Good for him. Personally I'm enthusiastic about the newcomers and I'm pessimistic by nature.

Comment

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...regon-1661387/

I'd rather have him here for a short time and move up than not have him at all. Same with TJ. The program is better for their stay here. Being called a heralded transfer is good for the Jacks brand.

Comment

BTW-- At the Memphis game I sat near a bunch of season ticket holders. it wasn't Daum that impressed 'em, it was Jenkins. "That guy can be a Grizzly"

Comment

Working...
                                X