Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Are grad transfers on the list prior to graduation?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. You'd think they'd be since the recruiting season is basically over by spring graduation, but then again, Deng Gue isn't on the list yet so maybe [Edit: Deng is actually on the list].
    Last edited by Kemo; 04-02-2019, 12:44 PM.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Honestly, I'm not sure. You'd think they'd be since the recruiting season is basically over by spring graduation, but then again, Deng Gue isn't on the list yet so maybe.
      He is on the list.

Deng Geu, 6-8, 215, F, Grad, North Dakota State

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
        He is on the list.

Deng Geu, 6-8, 215, F, Grad, North Dakota State
        Hmm... must of fat-fingered it when typing his name into the search bar. Good catch.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

When is Zimmer's next live chat? Be interested if he has any info on Brandon Key's future.

Comment

Not sure if this was posted but Tray Buchanan has committed to South Dakota State.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tray-buchanan

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
              Not sure if this was posted but Tray Buchanan has committed to South Dakota State.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tray-buchanan
              Several retweets on his page today about his commitment.

He originally went to UND and appeared in 31 games for the Fighting ???? his freshman year. He averaged 4.9 pts/game that year and reached double figures in six games. In his lone start against Montana State he scored 19 points. He was Class 4-A All-State second team while playing for United Township out of East Moline, Illinois.

Last year he played for Des Moines AAC and averaged 19.4 ppg, shooting 45.5% from the field and 38.1% from behind the arc. Assis to turnover ratio was 1.1, so I'm not sure about how that will translate at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
                Anyone find it odd that it still shows Brandon Key on the updated roster on gojacks? Was sitting out last year the result of issues with TJ and Brandon and now that TJ is gone, Brandon is planning to come back?
                I don't see his name listed there now.
                https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  Several retweets on his page today about his commitment.

He originally went to UND and appeared in 31 games for the Fighting ???? his freshman year. He averaged 4.9 pts/game that year and reached double figures in six games. In his lone start against Montana State he scored 19 points. He was Class 4-A All-State second team while playing for United Township out of East Moline, Illinois.

Last year he played for Des Moines AAC and averaged 19.4 ppg, shooting 45.5% from the field and 38.1% from behind the arc. Assis to turnover ratio was 1.1, so I'm not sure about how that will translate at the next level.
                  Interesting form on his shot - must have went to the Reggie Miller leg kicking school. Looks like he played Douglas Wilson's team in the JUCO Region semi's.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                    I guess that answers our questions. He was on there yesterday.

One thing I find interesting is that none of the previous staff went to Vegas with TJ. When Nagy left he took everyone but Klink. Is it not a little odd no one went with him?

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                      This has to be our thinnest roster in terms of experience since the early years of transitioning to DI. Beau Brown as the only senior with no juniors. Four sophomores with modest playing time this last season - Alou Dillon, Owen King, Matt Dentlinger, and Alex Arians. Two red-shirt freshmen in Matt Mims and Aaron Fiegen. Add to that what is left of this year's recruiting class.

Ultimately, we will have two players with modest playing time this season in Owen King and Alex Arians. Two players who many on this board felt that they needed to play more but played modest minutes in limited games. One walk-on who has tons of practice time with the Jacks during his four years in Brookings. Two juco players who were top players on their respective teams. (One did play at UND for one year as a true freshman.) Then we have a core of talent that will have no collegiate experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        I guess that answers our questions. He was on there yesterday.

One thing I find interesting is that none of the previous staff went to Vegas with TJ. When Nagy left he took everyone but Klink. Is it not a little odd no one went with him?
                        Henderson would have been the most likely, and obviously got the head job here. UNLV is a big enough jump up that they probably want assistants with experience at a higher level. And the $ likely are there to bring in some P5 experienced assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Interesting form on his shot - must have went to the Reggie Miller leg kicking school. Looks like he played Douglas Wilson's team in the JUCO Region semi's.
                          His shot is a bit odd, as he appears to jump forward while kicking his legs back and arching backward to compensate for his momentum. Lots of moving parts.

Here is a more up-to-date highlight video of Tray:

- Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            I'm not necessarily an Otz Apologist but I had great Interactions with the man (out side pf being critical of the lack of defense) I can't say much bad about him.
                            But I've been looking at the info from a different lens in regard to the Article from post #81.

It is not only possible but likely that recruits understand the way that Mid-major coaches on the rise work. It then is no stretch to believe that the recruit himself brought the question (since we have established earlier on this thread that kids only commit to a school and not a coach).
                            If this was the case (Likely IMO) and TJ said "If I were to leave..." I don't think that's dirty pool, in fact quite the opposite as he was trying to sell the recruit on the fact that he was only going to leave if the right situation presented its self. TJ was being honest, that's how you develop rapport.

I think we are all mad over the loss of our top recruit(s)/Players and when TJ came in that was quite likely and it didn't happen (because of who he is) we would be less upset if it had happened before. Unfortunately I post more on neg things as its easier to B!7(H than praise it seams. But we need to take a step back and accept reality.
                            TJ probably did say honor your commitment but if Say DJJ says I only want to play for you or somewhere else (multiple times well say) eventually you just accept the fact that it's you who gets him or anybody but SDSU.

Just my view.
                            In case we were still wondering about keep committed to your school.

https://twitter.com/JeffWaddilove/status/1113107996035485697

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              In case we were still wondering about keep committed to your school.

https://twitter.com/JeffWaddilove/status/1113107996035485697
                              TJ’s public statements have always been simply PR stunts. The guy is a walking PR robot. The great “relationship builder” that left us with no senior or junior on the roster and takes no coaches with him. Sorry to the guys on this board who bought his canned response nonsense.

Nice to see us add a player today. Need warm bodies at this point, unfortunately. Hopeful to see some frequent updates regarding grad transfers and juco players. Feel bad for Henderson to have his hands tied to have to take the best he can get on guys with at least some experience. Going to have to give Hendo time to build this thing.

Comment

I realize since going D1 we have been somewhat insulated from coaching turnover and the mass turnover of a roster that usually comes with it. I don't really see the upside of hiring a coach like TJ who is only interested in moving to the next level as soon as possible. There are very good coaches out there not motivated purely by money and notoriety. TJ did little to provide valuable experience to the younger players and coached the last 2 years to advance himself and not prepare program for the future. Is it worth it to have a good year or two to only have the program gutted and set it back for years. On top of that he takes our best committed recruit and player on the roster. Call me bitter, but my favorite team is whoever plays UNLV. Would love to see TJ's big ego take a hit! He got to UNLV and the big raise on the back of Nagy's upperclassmen.

Comment

Working...
                                X