X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    He’s staying ! Only thing it can mean !
    Of course, don't forget he also tweeted at Macy that he would be able to watch her play after she was drafted...so maybe that means a left coast school?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Zimmer reported that Jenkins was at the spring game wearing an SDSU basketball hoody. That definitely surprised me.
      I was told directly he is as good as gone. So, I place my guess as 99.9% chance we don't see him again. Close the book, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Of course, don't forget he also tweeted at Macy that he would be able to watch her play after she was drafted...so maybe that means a left coast school?
        Or that he's just planning on spending the summer at home

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
          Or that he's just planning on spending the summer at home
          A bird in the hand is worth two in the bushes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            A bird in the hand is worth two in the bushes.
            Or a Jack on the hoodie is worth at least two scoops of SDSU ice cream in the dish (or something like that)

Comment

Since there was a coaching change, won’t he likely be able to get a waiver and play right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
                Since there was a coaching change, won’t he likely be able to get a waiver and play right away?

Per imaginary NCAA rule 42.42.45, a player is obligated to finish his/her collegiate career at his/her current institution if said player wears current institution's hoodie at a Spring Game. Fortunately, loopholes like "it was laundry day and a Jacks hoodie was the only available apparel" were eliminated last offseason.

Seriously though, sources here (pg. 2) and here appear to refute DJJ's ability to qualify for transfer exception due to Otz's departure.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Per imaginary NCAA rule 42.42.45, a player is obligated to finish his/her collegiate career at his/her current institution if said player wears current institution's hoodie at a Spring Game. Fortunately, loopholes like "it was laundry day and a Jacks hoodie was the only available apparel" were eliminated last offseason.

Seriously though, sources here (pg. 2) and here appear to refute DJJ's ability to qualify for transfer exception due to Otz's departure.
                  "Requiring student-athletes to sit out of competition for a yearafter transferring encourages them to make decisions motivatedby academics as well as athletics. Most student-athletes who arenot eligible to compete immediately benefit from a year to adjustto their new school and focus on their classes. Student-athleteswho must sit out for a year at their new school may practice withtheir new team and receive an athletics scholarship if they wereacademically eligible when they left their previous school. Toconfirm, please reach out to your compliance office on campus"

Anybody else see that as a line of BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Is Brown on scholly? If not, there would be room for a couple more scholarship recruits, plus another walk-on or two. Regardless, the possible lineup is looking better and better.
                    Good thinking... I forgot about that. So, there's 2 scholarships left.

Would still like to see a "stretch 4" type of Grad Transfer. But, us and everyone else... who wouldn't want a bigger dude who can shoot from outside.

I'm also in agreement with the people who think David is gone... and I love David. He's not just a terrific scorer/shooter, but he's a really nice young man. I wish him nothing but the best. And if he decided to come back, I'll be super stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      Good thinking... I forgot about that. So, there's 2 scholarships left.

Would still like to see a "stretch 4" type of Grad Transfer. But, us and everyone else... who wouldn't want a bigger dude who can shoot from outside.

I'm also in agreement with the people who think David is gone... and I love David. He's not just a terrific scorer/shooter, but he's a really nice young man. I wish him nothing but the best. And if he decided to come back, I'll be super stoked.
                      However we fill that open scholly should tell us all we need to know about how the team is going to play under the new coaching staff.

If David chose SDSU over all those other schools it could be the biggest recruit the school has landed (relanded?).

Comment

However we fill that open scholly should tell us all we need to know about how the team is going to play under the new coaching staff.

If David chose SDSU over all those other schools it could be the biggest recruit the school has landed (relanded?).
                        And you could add Grill in there too.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          And you could add Grill in there too.
                          There really isn't anything drawing Grill back to his commitment. Jenkins on the other hand has 2 years worth of friendships and 2 years worth of community in Jackrabbit nation. That is why I think that if he leaves, he is headed to Gonzaga or WSU since it is closer to home.

Comment

There really isn't anything drawing Grill back to his commitment. Jenkins on the other hand has 2 years worth of friendships and 2 years worth of community in Jackrabbit nation. That is why I think that if he leaves, he is headed to Gonzaga or WSU since it is closer to home.
                            I wouldn't count out Oregon... also close, and they have also been pretty good under Dana Altman. (and probably get playing time right away, after sitting out a year... that might not be a given at Gonzaga? maybe it is, I don't know)

Comment

Other than the relationships developed with other incoming recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post

The NCAA has occasionally granted immediate eligibility when a player's coach is fired or the team is ineligible for postseason the following year. However, watching the transfer scene the last couple of years, I swear the NCAA just flips a coin, "Heads you're eligible, tails you have to sit a year." There have been some real puzzling decisions on who has had to sit and who has not.

If I was DJJ, I would go to Gonzaga if Few is offering a scholarship. Of his top 7, that is the best program and coach, plus Gonzaga has quietly become the best Transfer-U since Hoiberg left Iowa State. And IMO he can play at any of those schools on his list.

Comment

Working...
                                X