Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    It is odd that you had so little regard for Telly, TK, Skylar, Severyn, and Thiesen as they were part of some of the success that Mike Daum enjoyed. We might also consider that the number of shots taken by Mike Daum and DJJ this past season is a reason we do not return large stats for the new season. It is certainly not an indication of the talent remaining(or coming) for the next season. The Jackrabbit fans are not likely to be on a reduced diet of competitive team for MBB as some are broadcasting. It is waaaaay too early for the sky is falling on the 2019-20 Jackrabbit MBB.
    The first season after Nagy was gone... TK averaged 4.3, Skylar averaged 5.2, Severyn averaged 2.9, and Thiesen averaged 5.0. Telly did average 11.7, but if Daum had left, that cupboard would have been bare. It's easy to look back now and think "man, look at these awesome players we had, the cupboard wasn't bare!", but at that time those guys hadn't developed into the players they would end up being. Bringing in Orris (8.1 ppg), Hess (9.5 ppg), and Howell (7.7 ppg) saved that season. Much like bringing in Wilson, Buchannon, and hopefully another transfer will be for this season. I'm not writing off this season by any means, but this is as uncertain as things have been since Nagy left, and it's even more uncertain than it was at that point imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      The first season after Nagy was gone... TK averaged 4.3, Skylar averaged 5.2, Severyn averaged 2.9, and Thiesen averaged 5.0. Telly did average 11.7, but if Daum had left, that cupboard would have been bare. It's easy to look back now and think "man, look at these awesome players we had, the cupboard wasn't bare!", but at that time those guys hadn't developed into the players they would end up being. Bringing in Orris (8.1 ppg), Hess (9.5 ppg), and Howell (7.7 ppg) saved that season. Much like bringing in Wilson, Buchannon, and hopefully another transfer will be for this season. I'm not writing off this season by any means, but this is as uncertain as things have been since Nagy left, and it's even more uncertain than it was at that point imo.
      I'm not going to say that the cupboard was full (when Nagy left) because it wasn't but it was more proven than what SDSU has now. I don't think the freshmen and redshirt freshmen are bad players because I think they will be good players but Nagy left more proven players that TJ did.

This will include the PPG that the players scored the last year under their old coach (Nagy and TJ).
      Nagy- Daum (15.2), Telly (9), Thiesen (6.1), TK (3.7), Severyn (1.8) and Flatten (3.2- this was from 2 years before because he was injured Nagy's last year). That totals 39 PPG.
      TJ- Arians (6.2), O. King (4.1), Matt D. (3.2), Dillion (1.8) and Beau (0.9). That totals 16.2 PPG.
      TJ's top 4 players only average 0.5 PPG more than Nagy's #3-6 players. I know this isn't a true comparison but it is interesting that they match up so closely.

Hess, Orris and Howell did what we needed. They came in and filled the holes. Hess had the third most shots on the team and he scored the third most points. Orris shot the fourth most shots on the team and he scored the fourth most points. Howell shot that sixth most shots on the team and he scored the fifth most points. The players TJ brought in scored about as many points as shots they took. Only Howell scored more points than the number of shots he took because TK shots more shots than him.
      We did need need these players and I am grateful that they came here but I think if you put up shots, you should score.
      Hess and Orris played the third and fourth most minutes, too. Their playing time, shots and points all reflect the opportunities the coaches gave them. Could some of the other players put up better numbers if they played more that 15 minutes?
      I do hope that the transfers that come in this year fill in the holes like those players did. This team has talent but they also have a few more unknowns.
      Last edited by 91jack; 05-20-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Oh I would agree and heaven help us if future players are seen driving Mercedes Benz cars
        Maybe if the big donors ponied up we'd still have Grill committed

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
          Maybe if the big donors ponied up we'd still have Grill committed
          I don’t think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Also who paid for the Mercedes? The car had better belong to David Jenkins Sr or David Jenkins Jr as a high school graduation gift and not a gift From Friends of the Team as in the movie Blue Chips.My Butt is hurting
            Or, you know, just rent one to "show off." Heck, in Vegas you can rent any type of car you want to drive.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Or, you know, just rent one to "show off." Heck, in Vegas you can rent any type of car you want to drive.
              Showing off just doesn't seem to be in DJJ's DNA........

Comment

Now on on YouTube if anyone wants to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Showing off just doesn't seem to be in DJJ's DNA........
                  Good one, 😂. It’s times like these I wish we had a similar rule with purple font as bisonville does.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Good one, ��. It’s times like these I wish we had a similar rule with purple font as bisonville does.
                    What’s that rule?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      What’s that rule?
                      Purple font

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                        Ahhhh. Yes, my post could have used a lot of purple font.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          And charge the rental to Friends of the Team( from movie Blue Chips)

Comment

Roster posted.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Roster posted.
                              No Brandon Key... Yet...?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Roster posted.
                                The roster has been up for awhile. Jenkins was taken off over the weekend, and no Key added yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X