Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
    the irony of all this. SDSU the last 7 years has had way more success than UNLV the last 3-4 years. Jenkins was a huge get for us.

I just googled the new list of players otz is bringing in. Nothing special at all. Jenkins will be by far the best player.
    Same his first year. Orris had the miracle shot but guys were roster fillers and hope as grad transfers could be good players.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jenkins seems to have behaved fine during the transfer process. He hasn't done or said anything outrageous. He showed SDSU some respect by including the Jacks his cut-down list of final schools. If we Jacks fans feel the need to be miffed or disappointed in someone, it should be Coach Otz, and I'm not sure that's fair. If things went reasonably well, we figured he wouldn't be around long. Otz can be faulted for recruiting players to his team, rather than to the school that employs him, but that's probably the case with most coaches.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Jenkins seems to have behaved fine during the transfer process. He hasn't done or said anything outrageous. He showed SDSU some respect by including the Jacks his cut-down list of final schools. If we Jacks fans feel the need to be miffed or disappointed in someone, it should be Coach Otz, and I'm not sure that's fair. If things went reasonably well, we figured he wouldn't be around long. Otz can be faulted for recruiting players to his team, rather than to the school that employs him, but that's probably the case with most coaches.
        The only travesty was Otz’s coaching last year.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

That’s a really nice Mercedes he’s driving.

Comment

It would be interesting to play UNLV in the next couple years (hopefully while otz and DJJ are still there) and stick it to them, would definitely make me feel better about this whole situation and him gutting the team but i'm sure it won't matter 2-3 years down the road.
            The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

It turns the suspicion meter on in my mind. What kind of car did he drive in Brookings?

Comment

? Did I miss something?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  ? Did I miss something?
                  Otz and Jenkins deserve each other.

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
                    It would be interesting to play UNLV in the next couple years (hopefully while otz and DJJ are still there) and stick it to them, would definitely make me feel better about this whole situation and him gutting the team but i'm sure it won't matter 2-3 years down the road.
                    Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      ? Did I miss something?
                      If you got Twitter there is a DJJ Twitter where he announces he has chosen UNLV. He is driving what appears to be a Mercedes-Benz car. I am no good at linking.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?
                        I think it’s fair to say we lost a major building block.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 05-19-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/WorldStarDave/st...915520000?s=19

Comment

That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
                              He has a year to rethink this team stuff.

Comment

Hopefully they like hero ball there. They love him now but if he doesn't help them get better watch out. You think we are butt hurt he left us just wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X