2019-20 Men's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Former Jackrabbit Garrett Callahan, who coaches youth basketball now, evidently watched the Jackrabbits and DSU practice together and posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/1603200011/...545677?sfns=mo

I like the sound of that. A return of fundamentals and a return to Jackrabbit Basketball.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Former Jackrabbit Garrett Callahan, who coaches youth basketball now, evidently watched the Jackrabbits and DSU practice together and posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/1603200011/posts/10213924768545677?sfns=mo

I like the sound of that. A return of fundamentals and a return to Jackrabbit Basketball.

SUPERBUNNY
      *jerk off motion*

Why do I want basketball players not using proven effective moves?
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        *jerk off motion*

Why do I want basketball players not using proven effective moves?
        You may have drawn a conclusion that is not valid. It appears to me that the foundation is what is an emphasis at this time. Otherwise, I am assuming you are referring to point 4 or point 1 & 2. Hopefully point 3 is not your reference.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

For whatever it's worth, Noah Freidel won the men's three-point shooting contest at the Jacks' tipoff event on Oct. 17. He also beat the women's champ Tylee Irwin. It's hard to draw any opinions about players, but transfer David Wingett looks smooth. I really hope he's eligible to play this season.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            For whatever it's worth, Noah Freidel won the men's three-point shooting contest at the Jacks' tipoff event on Oct. 17. He also beat the women's champ Tylee Irwin. It's hard to draw any opinions about players, but transfer David Wingett looks smooth. I really hope he's eligible to play this season.
            I agree on Wingett. I wish they could make that night a bit more interesting. I don't need to see Tylee do anything as we already know what she can do. I would like to see the new people do something. Heck run a 3 man weave up and down the court a couple times atleast get them on the court. But that's just me.

Comment

No dunk competition?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                No dunk competition?
                Nope.......unless you want to count the junior jacks dunk competition which was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  I agree on Wingett. I wish they could make that night a bit more interesting. I don't need to see Tylee do anything as we already know what she can do. I would like to see the new people do something. Heck run a 3 man weave up and down the court a couple times atleast get them on the court. But that's just me.
                  Doesn't surprise me on Wingett. He was smooth in high school. If Irwin can ad 15% to her 3 point shooting from last year, that would be a huge plus for the team, because they will have to defend her out there .

Comment

I agree that something should be added to make the tip-off event a little more interesting. The players (men and women) are introduced and and they compete in a shooting contest. That's about it. The whole event lasts about an hour, including brief comments from the coaches. Midco broadcasters narrate the event, which is a nice touch. But much of the time is devoted to the contest in which kids try to dunk on a basket that's about four feet high.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I agree that something should be added to make the tip-off event a little more interesting. The players (men and women) are introduced and and they compete in a shooting contest. That's about it. The whole event lasts about an hour, including brief comments from the coaches. Midco broadcasters narrate the event, which is a nice touch. But much of the time is devoted to the contest in which kids try to dunk on a basket that's about four feet high.
                      I'd recommend bringing in Snoop!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        I'd recommend bringing in Snoop!
                        Dude.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Dude.
                          What? What’s wrong with a handful of strippers and a few money cannons?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            What? What’s wrong with a handful of strippers and a few money cannons?
                            Disgusting (Not really). or perhaps a Harlem Globetrotter bucket of water(Confetti)

Comment

It would be nice if they could do a short scrimmage so you could see what the new players can do in more of a game setting. They do this at late night with Roy which is UNCs tip-off event. I’m sure other schools actually scrimmage as well.
                              Last edited by Carolina010; 10-18-2019, 09:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Looks like we aren't the only ones waiting on transfer waiver decision:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...02261659099139

Comment

Working...
                                X