• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-20 Men's Roster

Early thread for 2019-20 men's roster
    Player Movement:
    From https://www.verbalcommits.com/school...h-dakota-state:
    South Dakota State 2017 SG Michael Carter III (6-5, 190, 2★) will be transferring to Long Beach State.
    South Dakota State 2017 SF Ryan Krueger (6-6, 200, 2★) will be transferring.
    Brandon Key likely transfer

2019 Commits as of 3-27-2019:
    Douglas Wilson (Signed JUCO) - PF
    Caleb Grill (Signed Letter of Intent) - PG
    Baylor Scheierman (Signed Letter of Intent) - SG
    Owen Coburn (Signed Letter of Intent) - C

Returning Players:
    PG - Beau Brown (SR), David Jenkins Jr. (JR), Matt Mims (RSFR)
    SG - Owen King (SO), Alex Arians (SO)
    SF - Matt Dentlinger (SO)
    PF - Alou Dillon(SO), Aaron Fiegen(RSFR)
    C - NONE

Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

It is not a huge deal, but I would expect Owen King to be considered PG and DJJ more of the SG. David Jenkins Jr did have some PG during the year, but King and King seemed to handle most of the duties. It will be interesting to see where Grill lands on the court too. DJJ and Grill ought to keep the opponents defense busy. Wilson has been an active scorer at the JUCO level too.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Let's just stop this thread now until the dust settles on the likely coaching departure and possible player & recruit defections.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Let's just stop this thread now until the dust settles on the likely coaching departure and possible player & recruit defections.
        It will be a good starting point for later should the other thread get some definition. Meanwhile the other thread has minimal facts for 109 posts.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          It will be a good starting point for later should the other thread get some definition. Meanwhile the other thread has minimal facts for 109 posts.
          I agree - I guess some of us like to speculate. I didn't think this was required reading if some posters think it is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
            Early thread for 2019-20 men's roster
            Player Movement:
            From https://www.verbalcommits.com/school...h-dakota-state:
            South Dakota State 2017 SG Michael Carter III (6-5, 190, 2★) will be transferring to Long Beach State.
            South Dakota State 2017 SF Ryan Krueger (6-6, 200, 2★) will be transferring.
            Brandon Key likely transfer

2019 Commits as of 3-27-2019:
            Douglas Wilson (Signed JUCO) - PF
            Caleb Grill (Signed Letter of Intent) - PG
            Baylor Scheierman (Signed Letter of Intent) - SG
            Owen Coburn (Signed Letter of Intent) - C

Returning Players:
            PG - Beau Brown (SR), David Jenkins Jr. (JR), Matt Mims (RSFR)
            SG - Owen King (SO), Alex Arians (SO)
            SF - Matt Dentlinger (SO)
            PF - Alou Dillon(SO), Aaron Fiegen(RSFR)
            C - NONE
            There isn't a level of basketball where Matt Dentlinger would be playing the 3. He can't guard a wing player and his offensive game revolves around drop offs, put backs, and post moves. He is a 4/5 (a post position player) through and through.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              There isn't a level of basketball where Matt Dentlinger would be playing the 3. He can't guard a wing player and his offensive game revolves around drop offs, put backs, and post moves. He is a 4/5 (a post position player) through and through.
              Yeah... they are a bit off.

Comment

Switch DJ and OKing, Slide Ariens and Dent down a position.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What I’m seeing is we have at least 2 scholarships still available. Hoping we can get in on the grad transfer craze and pick up a few battles tested guys who can play right now. Looking like we are going to need it this year more than ever.

Comment

With the coaching change, this is basically pointless until we figure out who's staying/going/not coming.

Comment

Grill no longer has his commitment statement to SDSU on his twitter account and the most recent tweet from his mom is about TJ going to UNLV. At this point the other two loi recruits still have SDSU at the top of their page. Wilson doesn't seem to have a twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        Grill no longer has his commitment statement to SDSU on his twitter account and the most recent tweet from his mom is about TJ going to UNLV. At this point the other two loi recruits still have SDSU at the top of their page. Wilson doesn't seem to have a twitter account
                        The commitment is still on there just not pinned to the top anymore. Also still has it in his bio. I wouldn’t say he’s for sure gone yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          The commitment is still on there just not pinned to the top anymore. Also still has it in his bio. I wouldn’t say he’s for sure gone yet.

The captain of the ship may change but the ship is still a beauty. Hopefully Sell can bring some one in who can create the same environment, excitement and success that attracted the recruits to SDSU in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

It is all about who SDSU brings in to coach.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

It will really depend on the new guy. And with the recruits, it will depend on TJ's relationship with them.

If say, Henderson was the main recruiter on a prospect... and he stayed, well then that's different.

It's not all the HC. I hope everyone stays, and all the recruits come, and we win every game next year. But I don't think any of those are very realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X