Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
    TJ’s public statements have always been simply PR stunts. The guy is a walking PR robot. The great “relationship builder” that left us with no senior or junior on the roster and takes no coaches with him. Sorry to the guys on this board who bought his canned response nonsense.

Nice to see us add a player today. Need warm bodies at this point, unfortunately. Hopeful to see some frequent updates regarding grad transfers and juco players. Feel bad for Henderson to have his hands tied to have to take the best he can get on guys with at least some experience. Going to have to give Hendo time to build this thing.

I didn't have much respect for TJ as an Xs & Os guy and now I have no respect for him as a person. He did nothing to elevate our program. All he proved while he was here was that he could the Mike Daum wave. He never proved he could develop players and actually coach both ends of the court. It may be painful for awhile but we will be better off in the long run without TJ. I hope his true colors and lack of coaching ability shine bright on the bigger stage that is UNLV.

Comment

If this is just life of a D1 mid-major or mens college basketball (self centered coaches and players) I will find alternative entertainment to invest in both financially and emotionally. Aaron and Stig seem to have different values. I'm starting to understand why students are not showing up to games.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
        Not sure if this was posted but Tray Buchanan has committed to South Dakota State.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tray-buchanan
        Finally, a positive development on the basketball front!
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I realize since going D1 we have been somewhat insulated from coaching turnover and the mass turnover of a roster that usually comes with it. I don't really see the upside of hiring a coach like TJ who is only interested in moving to the next level as soon as possible. There are very good coaches out there not motivated purely by money and notoriety. TJ did little to provide valuable experience to the younger players and coached the last 2 years to advance himself and not prepare program for the future. Is it worth it to have a good year or two to only have the program gutted and set it back for years. On top of that he takes our best committed recruit and player on the roster. Call me bitter, but my favorite team is whoever plays UNLV. Would love to see TJ's big ego take a hit! He got to UNLV and the big raise on the back of Nagy's upperclassmen.
          Im with you. I hope he fails. I didnt feel that way in the beginning but as things happen, i hope he totally fails. Or am i not allowed to say that because he is a close close friend of a usd fan who posts here now and then
          Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 04-02-2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Im with you. I hope he fails. I didnt feel that way in the beginning but as things happen, i hope he totally fails. Or am i not allowed to say that because he is a close close friend of a usd fan who seems to be able to say what he wants on here but Jack fans cant. JOKE!!
            Say whatever you want. If I was T.J. I would have passed on this one. Look the records of past coaches who were fired with a winning record. Lonnie Kruger did great job at K-State and lasted a few years and was fired with a winning record. The current Texas Tech Coach bit into poison apple, but spit it out and moved on three weeks later to Texas Tech. T.J. is going to need more than DJJ to last more than three years.

Comment

I really wonder if there was some internal riffs with TJ and the rest of the coaching staff. It seems odd to me that none of the coaches would go with. UNLV is obviously a step up for the head coach. Same would apply to all the assistants. It’d be much easier to get a head coaching gig or P5 assistant job coming from UNLV.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ellieliebs/statu...100027904?s=19

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I really wonder if there was some internal riffs with TJ and the rest of the coaching staff. It seems odd to me that none of the coaches would go with. UNLV is obviously a step up for the head coach. Same would apply to all the assistants. It’d be much easier to get a head coaching gig or P5 assistant job coming from UNLV.
                  I agree usually there is at least one. That is really messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    If this is just life of a D1 mid-major or mens college basketball (self centered coaches and players) I will find alternative entertainment to invest in both financially and emotionally. Aaron and Stig seem to have different values. I'm starting to understand why students are not showing up to games.
                    I’m as crazy about SDSU basketball as anyone on earth but I also wonder how many cycles of this stuff I will endure. It’s going to be really hard to get excited about a recruit after the Grill deal and then there’s all the rest. Am I developing abandonment issues!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      I’m as crazy about SDSU basketball as anyone on earth but I also wonder how many cycles of this stuff I will endure. It’s going to be really hard to get excited about a recruit after the Grill deal and then there’s all the rest. Am I developing abandonment issues!?!
                      Yes me too, the big name game is starting to take over.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                        I agree usually there is at least one. That is really messed up.
                        Maybe not I am thinking J. T, might have in mind some more experienced people.

Comment

Looks like reality is beginning to set in? And I wouldn't knock the one guy that has been/still is loyal to SDSU's program after 13-14 years. But maybe I am getting old, or old. When I give my word I keep it. If TJ is half the coach/recruiter he is claimed to be he could have left on better terms/standings for both parties. The offers would have kept rolling in. Bu that is JMO

Comment

I'm with all the guys who really lost all respect for TJ. It's very obvious that he simply used not only SDSU, but the players as well. How do the parents of the kids that he did recruit or is currently recruiting feel about this? There is no way they can think that he is looking at their best interests as STUDENT athletes, he is simply trying to get to the top as fast as he can. In zimmers article from today he said something to the point that if we aren't hiring a guy that is looking to advance beyond SDSU we aren't hiring the right person. I strongly disagree with that. A guy like Wilber or Doty from alcester might stay at SDSU for the long run. Maybe Hendo will be like that as well. Hopefully this whole TJ fiasco was a big learning experience for Sell, the best looking candidate with the most potential might not be the best answer for SDSU if they are simply looking to move on as quick as possible with no second thoughts as to what he leaves behind. I must admit that I have often been critical of Stig and his coaching decidions, but there is no way in hell he would ever do anything close to this like TJ has done to the basketball program. Suddenly have a new found respect and appreciation for Stig and Aaron Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Maybe TJ wants Hendo to be as successful as possible and is leaving coaching staff intact because of that. Also seems a fair amount of staff is being retained at UNLV. Support staff that is.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                I wonder if Mooney having the success he’s had works against the Summitt league as players like him and DJJ can see the greater possibilities?

Comment

Working...
                                X