Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Does anyone know if the team is going on a Foreign Trip this summer to play exhibition games? I feel like this summer would be as good as any for one but can't think of when they last took one. The guys should be a tough out in Sioux Falls, but this season could and most likely will start out bumpy with all the new or unproven faces. Be good for them to have some pre-season live competition to gain experience and on-court chemistry.
    They took one last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      They took one last year.
      It seems like there is a limiting NCAA rule on Foreign trips and the games played. I dont recall how it works, but something about every few years, the games dont count towards the season total. Like Montana said they took one last year so depending on the exact wording of the rule, it may not happen again for a couple of years. Where are our NCAA experts? I dont have a clue about where to look.

Comment

Once every 4 years.
        https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f..._06302016.pptx

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            It is pretty amazing how similar Hendo's situation is compared to when TJ took over. Both teams lost talented senior classes that not only could score, but were also leaders of the team. Both teams were counting on unproven guys off the bench or transfers to fill the gaps.

Personally I think that the Jacks will be one of the top 3 teams in the Summit. All the top teams from last year seem to have lost enough to make it interesting. I think that, like TJ's first year, the beginning of the season could be a little rough. Once the conference season rolls around, I can see the team turning the corner.
            completely disagree. Hendo doesn’t have daum, reed, Ian, and king which all played valuable minutes in magus last season.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
              completely disagree. Hendo doesn’t have daum, reed, Ian, and king which all played valuable minutes in magus last season.
              You're memory is short and you're using hindsight to form an argument. TJ's first year had an awful lot of question marks coming into the season just like Hendo does. TJ had the benefit of having Daum and Reed to a lesser extent but King and Ian were far from standout players in Nagy's last year or TJ's first year. I don't think anyone predicted King becoming the player he was his junior and senior seasons after his first two years.

The biggest difference is TJ had Daum and Hendo doesn't. Doesn't mean this coming year is lost like some would like to think.

Comment

You're memory is short and you're using hindsight to form an argument. TJ's first year had an awful lot of question marks coming into the season just like Hendo does. TJ had the benefit of having Daum and Reed to a lesser extent but King and Ian were far from standout players in Nagy's last year or TJ's first year. I don't think anyone predicted King becoming the player he was his junior and senior seasons after his first two years.

The biggest difference is TJ had Daum and Hendo doesn't. Doesn't mean this coming year is lost like some would like to think.
                It djj was coming back it would be basically the same thing. Daum was pretty obvious how he finished the year would be a really good player maybe didnt know he would turn out the way it did but djj after 2 years was clearly going to be the star. It just felt like with tj he had some experience from the current roster to work with and some bench pieces. It just seems like hendo has a lot of guys with little or no game experience. Arians and key are the only ones with significant time in a Jack's uniform to play in games. I felt dentlinger should have played more he looked good to me but dillion will have a lot of growing to do in game experience. hopefully that's where Wilson really helps. Here is a stupid analogy it's like 2 puzzles and their have different pieces but similar size and number of pieces, just one was maybe a little more established then the other.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The fact that we are lacking in experienced players will benefit Hendo and his staff in some ways. The players may adapt quicker to whatever system they will use. They will all be in it together.

Certainly, having some solid experience is preferred, just simply pointing out it isn't all negative.

I've enjoyed the years under TJ. Those teams were fun to watch. However, I'm hoping we get back to playing more of what I call "Jackrabbit Basketball" where a lot more focus is put on defense and rebounding. Those things travel and you can hang your hat on them when the ball is going through the net.

IMHO this is going to be a pretty exciting years. We do have some really good talent on the team. Will be fun to watch it develop.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I too am looking forward, to see the new team play together and develop some chemistry, lots of opportunities for players and an opportunity for the coaching staff and players to develop their own style of play and identity. It will be a very intriguing and interesting season with all these new variables to enter the season with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Thank You
                      You're so polite.That's why everyone likes you, I think??....hahaha, j/k (they do)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        You're so polite.That's why everyone likes you, I think??....hahaha, j/k (they do)
                        I often wonder about that. I asked a simple question and got a simple and complete answer. That does deserve a thank you in my opinion.

Comment

They took one last year.
                          Wow I am getting old! For some reason I don't even remember that.

Comment

After some conversations this weekend I am having a harder time remaining optimistic about this years roster. I hope the info I've gotten isn't accurate, that's happened before. Regardless, my season tickets are purchased and I'll be there cheering them on when I can.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              After some conversations this weekend I am having a harder time remaining optimistic about this years roster. I hope the info I've gotten isn't accurate, that's happened before. Regardless, my season tickets are purchased and I'll be there cheering them on when I can.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Player(s) leaving or just not performing well in summer workouts?

Comment

Working...
                                X