Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
    No way freidal should red shirt. He’s ready to contribute physically and skill wise. Unless we are just throwing in the towel this year. I’ve watched him play enough to know he could start next year.
    You watched him compete against Class A SD competition and determined he is ready to start. LOL.

Comment

I’ve watched him compete against national competition that is far better than class A.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        That appears to be a professionally done video. Would be interesting to find out who paid for that.
        Also who paid for the Mercedes? The car had better belong to David Jenkins Sr or David Jenkins Jr as a high school graduation gift and not a gift From Friends of the Team as in the movie Blue Chips.My Butt is hurting

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          You watched him compete against Class A SD competition and determined he is ready to start. LOL.
          Idk about starting, but he's ready to contribute day 1, and tbh we're going to need it with how bare the cupboard is right now.

Comment

I’ve watched him compete against national competition that is far better than class A.
            I have seen a few impressive clips on Noah. We got fall practice to go through and by then Hendo and staff will know whether Noah is ready or not.

Comment

^this^

Can't remember the nationally ranked team Tea played at the pentagon but Noah had a very good game against them.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Idk about starting, but he's ready to contribute day 1, and tbh we're going to need it with how bare the cupboard is right now.
                Hope he comes in and dominates, but that might say more about state of talent on current squad. Most freshman need a year to bulk up, learn the playbook and adjust to a different caliber game on a consistent basis

Comment

I cannot recall who had this same quote when Nagy left. It will come back.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I think he gutted the team by playing the core way too many minutes. It reared its head at tournament time by not having enough depth and guys who had redshirted the year before not getting enough playing time to help contribute Dillon, Krueger and Detlinger. Assume this is why Krueger is transferring. Dillon and to lesser extent Detlinger will now need another year to develop. Otz coached like he was leaving and it cut short what could have been a benchmark year with best player we ever had!
                    I agree that TJ's rotation last year probably cost the team at the end of the year, but my definition of gutting isn't the failure to develop younger players. I consider gutting as taking most of the roster with him to UNLV. That didn't happen. I'm still willing to give the guys on our roster a chance before I write the season off.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I have mixed feelings about the possibility of Key returning. Unless there is an untold story that gives a good reason for him appearing to bail on the team last season. It appears to me that we are in for a rebuilding season, and I would rather give the minutes to King, Mims, Scheierman and Freidel and start to find out what we have and let them grow together. Unless there are plans to redshirt Freidel and/or Scheierman - I would hate to see them burn a year of eligibility just to get a few mop-up minutes.
                      I have to think there is more to the story than we know.

Comment

I would welcome Brandon back to the team. He's a good player and, from what I hear, a good student. He chose not to play for Otz last year, for whatever reason, but circumstances obviously have changed.
                        Also, the Jacks will have a lot of new faces next season - coaches and players - but I don't think we should consider the year a complete rebuild. Several talented or experienced jucos and transfers will be making significant contributions. The Jacks could be the surprise of the league, like the bison were last season.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          I cannot recall who had this same quote when Nagy left. It will come back.
                          Daum stayed so the cupboard wasn't bare. Jenkins is gone, and it's pretty bare right now.

Comment

Daum stayed so the cupboard wasn't bare. Jenkins is gone, and it's pretty bare right now.
                            It is odd that you had so little regard for Telly, TK, Skylar, Severyn, and Thiesen as they were part of some of the success that Mike Daum enjoyed. We might also consider that the number of shots taken by Mike Daum and DJJ this past season is a reason we do not return large stats for the new season. It is certainly not an indication of the talent remaining(or coming) for the next season. The Jackrabbit fans are not likely to be on a reduced diet of competitive team for MBB as some are broadcasting. It is waaaaay too early for the sky is falling on the 2019-20 Jackrabbit MBB.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It’s especially too early to write off the upcoming season when you consider the current talent level of the rest of the Conference. It will likely be a bunch of teams fighting for a 15-16 seed in the NCAA Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                It’s especially too early to write off the upcoming season when you consider the current talent level of the rest of the Conference. It will likely be a bunch of teams fighting for a 15-16 seed in the NCAA Tourney.
                                Oh I would agree and heaven help us if future players are seen driving Mercedes Benz cars

Comment

Working...
                                X