Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
    Agree with this whole thing. I really do wish him the best, but I thought the video was a bit much. DJJ had the ability to be both the best player on the floor and the worst player on the floor. That was entirely based upon how much he tried to force it. I think we saw both in his time here, and the end of the Texas game was a good example of the latter scenario. We’ll be fine. It’s time to rally around the guys that want to be here. We have plenty of talent that does.

One more thing...maybe he should worked a bit more on his defensive fundamentals instead of punching the bag like he did in the video.

Comment

Jenkins chose the path with Otz because he know the Hero ball would be allowed and encouraged. That wasnt going to fly at Gonzaga, Oregon or UCLA and Jenkins knew it. Looking forward to a new era with Hendo who is much less self absorbed and the culture will refect that in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Seriously how did Otz gut the team? Did our guts solely consist of DJJ?
        I think he gutted the team by playing the core way too many minutes. It reared its head at tournament time by not having enough depth and guys who had redshirted the year before not getting enough playing time to help contribute Dillon, Krueger and Detlinger. Assume this is why Krueger is transferring. Dillon and to lesser extent Detlinger will now need another year to develop. Otz coached like he was leaving and it cut short what could have been a benchmark year with best player we ever had!

Comment

The post-Otz roster is taking shape. It actually looks pretty good, and it’s got some depth. By my count, there’s one scholarship available, so a grad transfer could come in and shake things up. But here’s my initial guess for the starting lineup for next season.
          1 – Brandon Key (I'm guessing he'll be back, and he’ll be hungry.)
          2 – Tray Buchanan (very good juco)
          3 – Alex Ariens (lone returning starter)
          4 – Doug Wilson (juco stud)
          5 – Alou Dillon (his time to shine)
          Other players: Owen King, Matt Mims, Noah Freidel, Baylor Scheierman, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen, Owen Coburn and Beau Brown.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            The post-Otz roster is taking shape. It actually looks pretty good, and it’s got some depth. By my count, there’s one scholarship available, so a grad transfer could come in and shake things up. But here’s my initial guess for the starting lineup for next season.
            1 – Brandon Key (I'm guessing he'll be back, and he’ll be hungry.)
            2 – Tray Buchanan (very good juco)
            3 – Alex Ariens (lone returning starter)
            4 – Doug Wilson (juco stud)
            5 – Alou Dillon (his time to shine)
            Other players: Owen King, Matt Mims, Noah Freidel, Baylor Scheierman, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen, Owen Coburn and Beau Brown.
            Brandon Key is not on the roster for next year, and I'm pretty sure he decided he was gone last fall. Although, Jenkins is still on the roster, so maybe the roster isn't the best clue for us.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              That little bit of self promotion turned me off. Big ego, I'm the star. Imo he is going to a one man team when he has the ball. Could see it at times when we had him. DJJ and those other four guys.
              That appears to be a professionally done video. Would be interesting to find out who paid for that.

Comment

I’ve been told Key is back.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I saw him on campus during the last week of classes. I think it’s quite possible he’ll be on the roster next year. If that happens, I really wonder what transpired here. Why would he not play last year and then stick around after TJ leaves?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    I've been told the same.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Key returning would be a big boost at a position that sure could use it. It would definitely take some pressure off Owen King.

About the DJJ video: I loved the gratuitous shot of the Mercedes logo on the steering wheel. I think Vegas is a good place for him.

Comment

Thanks for the two years but see ya! Otz can get players but I’ve never thought he was good with x/o especially defense. Three years ago I hammered him on this board for not using daum in pick n pop, finally he utilized him in that space and had success. Daum was a beast with Nagy in the pick n pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Key returning would be a big boost at a position that sure could use it. It would definitely take some pressure off Owen King.

About the DJJ video: I loved the gratuitous shot of the Mercedes logo on the steering wheel. I think Vegas is a good place for him.
                          I have mixed feelings about the possibility of Key returning. Unless there is an untold story that gives a good reason for him appearing to bail on the team last season. It appears to me that we are in for a rebuilding season, and I would rather give the minutes to King, Mims, Scheierman and Freidel and start to find out what we have and let them grow together. Unless there are plans to redshirt Freidel and/or Scheierman - I would hate to see them burn a year of eligibility just to get a few mop-up minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I have mixed feelings about the possibility of Key returning. Unless there is an untold story that gives a good reason for him appearing to bail on the team last season. It appears to me that we are in for a rebuilding season, and I would rather give the minutes to King, Mims, Scheierman and Freidel and start to find out what we have and let them grow together. Unless there are plans to redshirt Freidel and/or Scheierman - I would hate to see them burn a year of eligibility just to get a few mop-up minutes.
                            I imagine Freidel and Scheierman should and will redshirt. I believe Freidel has to sit out so we could use some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I imagine Freidel and Scheierman should and will redshirt. I believe Freidel has to sit out so we could use some experience.
                              Freidel got his release from Wright St. He should be good to go.

Comment

No way freidal should red shirt. He’s ready to contribute physically and skill wise. Unless we are just throwing in the towel this year. I’ve watched him play enough to know he could start next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X