Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    If he's going to play the role of drama queen on social media then he's gonna have to put on his big boy pants and handle comments like mine. His coach abandoned him but the school that paid his scholarship the past two years and the fan base that treated him like a king did not.

You don't get it both ways - I don't care how old you are. He's in for a rude awakening wherever he ends up.
    Drama queen? He posted "Interesting...." on a post about the play of the year which clearly should have included his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      His coach abandoned him? He is abandoning the rest of his team. Cry me a river! Jenkins had an opportunity to go down as one of the all time greats at SDSU and perhaps threaten Daum's scoring record. Good kid and wish him well, but will be interesting to see how his game evolves with a team members that also expect to get their shots.
      He did have that opportunity and probably would have taken it if Otz would have stayed here and Grill would have came. However, all that changed when Otz left. Now he has the opportunity to do something like Mooney did. Guys like Geu and Umude think they have that opportunity, but in reality they're either going to transfer to a mid-level P5 and maybe start, or transfer to a higher P5 and sit on the bench. However, Jenkins can be a difference maker for a big time team like Gonzaga or Oregon, which is where I think he ends up. If you guys would take a step back and take your blue and yellow blinders off, you wouldn't be so hard on the kid. It's one thing to make these comments to someone in person, it's another to put them on a public forum and make the whole fan base look like idiots, which may or may not have an effect on future prospects. Not saying we should sugar coat everything we put on here, but comments like this toward a 20 year old kid on a public forum are garbage.

Comment

I think the fact he called it out is petty. Let your teammate, TK, have some glory and support him. I’m surprised getting play of the year recognition is such an important achievement for DJJ.

I don’t have a problem with DJJ moving on, and wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          I’ll take TKs dunk, way better than a half court shot.

Others not mentioned: Daum’s 3000th, the women’s sweet 16, Mikey’s snow hurdle, Cade’s cannon catch...heck, Pierre and CJ has great runs too.

DJJ made a lucky half court shot to win against a team we should’ve beat by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Drama queen? He posted "Interesting...." on a post about the play of the year which clearly should have included his shot.

Clearly should have been? If it would have won a first round game against a 3 seed then I’d agree. It didn’t therefore to me it was a made shot. Awesome to get the W but I wouldn’t pick it for top 5...I’m not sure it’d make my top 10.

im not bitter about him leaving, but his dad b$&@hing about SDSU moving on and DJJs interesting take show me a lack of “team mentality”. Watch the last 6 games and tell me DJJ had a team first take.

Comment

ironically you use that gif...if a half court shot is truly better in your opinion then we will agree to disagree. I can’t remember with TKs shot if he made his FT after the dunk but that’s the only thing I can imagine making DJJs shot better. 3pts over 2...but TKs involved a steal so potentially a 4-5 swing in points.

Comment

I’ll take TKs dunk, way better than a half court shot.

Others not mentioned: Daum’s 3000th, the women’s sweet 16, Mikey’s snow hurdle, Cade’s cannon catch...heck, Pierre and CJ has great runs too.
                DJJ made a lucky half court shot to win against a team we should’ve beat by 20.
                Against a team that won a game in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Awesome to get the W but I wouldn’t pick it for top 5...I’m not sure it’d make my top 10.
                  Gotta throw the BS flag on that one....not even the top ten? That shot bailed us out and allowed us to win the conference championship. When you make comments like that it allows the butt hurt to shine through.

Comment

[QUOTE=scbison;346111]Against a team that won a game in the NCAA tournament.[/QUOT

ok...lol, got me I guess. You probably knew all along that was Richman’s plan...4 seed to a play in game for the win. Thanks for getting the summit some more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                      Gotta throw the BS flag on that one....not even the top ten? That shot bailed us out and allowed us to win the conference championship. When you make comments like that it allows the butt hurt to shine through.
                      I said not sure...IÂ’ll compile my list...not butt hurt, wish him the best...but, to me itÂ’s not better than TKs play.

Comment

ironically you use that gif...if a half court shot is truly better in your opinion then we will agree to disagree. I can’t remember with TKs shot if he made his FT after the dunk but that’s the only thing I can imagine making DJJs shot better. 3pts over 2...but TKs involved a steal so potentially a 4-5 swing in points.
                        A half court game winner as the clock expired compared to a breakaway dunk 5 minutes into the 2nd half that put us up by 19...? Are you serious? Not to mention the fact that DJJ's shot propelled us to win the summit league regular season championship, and TK's dunk was against a team that didn't even make the SLT. NebraskaJack's butt hurt comment is spot on.

Count the number of half court game winners we have had in the past 10 years, and I bet it's still less than the number of contested breakaway dunks we had last year alone.

Comment

A half court game winner as the clock expired compared to a breakaway dunk 5 minutes into the 2nd half that put us up by 19...? Are you serious? Not to mention the fact that DJJ's shot propelled us to win the summit league regular season championship, and TK's dunk was against a team that didn't even make the SLT. NebraskaJack's butt hurt comment is spot on.

Count the number of half court game winners we have had in the past 10 years, and I bet it's still less than the number of contested breakaway dunks we had last year alone.
                          Tk's was a better play. Djj's was a more important play. Both were AWESOME plays.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Tk's was a better play. Djj's was a more important play. Both were AWESOME plays.
                            Everyone on this board has a chance to make a half court heave. I'm guessing there isn't a person 6'-2" or less here that could posterize a dude a half foot taller than them. TK's dunk was impressive, even more so when you factor in his height. DJ's shot was big but there was A LOT of luck involved. Arguing which is better is like arguing whether blue or yellow is a better color.

If DJ wanted recognition from SDSU he could have chosen to stay and play for the University and fans that didn't abandon him. It's pretty apparent that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Comment

Stop. His coach abandoned him. Don't be a terrible fan/person.
                              That makes it sound like Home Alone with DJJ waking up one morning and his entire family was gone. 3 of the 4 members of the coaching staff that have worked with him during his time at SDSU are still here. I don't know how things worked in practice during the season, but Henderson seemed to be doing a lot of the coaching during timeouts as the season went on. And it sounds like the offensive philosophy isn't going to change going forward. I have no problem if he decides to go elsewhere, but to make it sound like there is nothing left here that helped to make him successful seems to me to be a bit of a put-down to the remaining coaching staff and teammates.
                              Last edited by bigticket1; 04-23-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

He did have that opportunity and probably would have taken it if Otz would have stayed here and Grill would have came. However, all that changed when Otz left. Now he has the opportunity to do something like Mooney did. Guys like Geu and Umude think they have that opportunity, but in reality they're either going to transfer to a mid-level P5 and maybe start, or transfer to a higher P5 and sit on the bench. However, Jenkins can be a difference maker for a big time team like Gonzaga or Oregon, which is where I think he ends up. If you guys would take a step back and take your blue and yellow blinders off, you wouldn't be so hard on the kid. It's one thing to make these comments to someone in person, it's another to put them on a public forum and make the whole fan base look like idiots, which may or may not have an effect on future prospects. Not saying we should sugar coat everything we put on here, but comments like this toward a 20 year old kid on a public forum are garbage.
                                Yes, because comments by a few, that you don't agree with, makes our "whole fan base look like idiots". I love it when you get pissed off on this forum and start acting like judge and jury. Get over yourself already.

Comment

Working...
                                X