2019-20 Men's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

My whole take on the DJJ/Play of the Year controversy is that he's being a little salty and dramatic. I do believe DJJ is a genuinely good kid but he does like to see his name circulate on Social Media. Which I believe plays a big part in the Transfer Era (Kids love seeing the Jeff Goodman's of the world talk about them on Twitter) but that is another conversation. As for DJJ's shot, it was great and I would have no problem with it being the MBB Nomination but I'm disappointed he would steal TK's "Thunder". TK is an unsung hero that always came up big when the team needed it the most but rarely got credit for his contributions, so for DJJ to sniffle at that is immature. Give your brother and former teammate a shout out as I guarantee TK would give one to DJJ.

Overall, I understand why DJJ would leave. It sucks and I wish he was staying to continue the momentum and build his own legacy but it is what it is. I wish him well but also hope he matures on and off the court.

Comment

This could create a diversion or thread drift, but here is a quickie for Doug Wilson(2019-2020 JUCO transfer).
      https://gojacks.com/news/2019/4/25/m...ug-wilson.aspx
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        If they had the bacon cheddar fries, that might convince Altman to move to Brookings and become an assistant. Nice bit of recruiting by DJJ
        Must spread rep.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
          My whole take on the DJJ/Play of the Year controversy is that he's being a little salty and dramatic. I do believe DJJ is a genuinely good kid but he does like to see his name circulate on Social Media. Which I believe plays a big part in the Transfer Era (Kids love seeing the Jeff Goodman's of the world talk about them on Twitter) but that is another conversation. As for DJJ's shot, it was great and I would have no problem with it being the MBB Nomination but I'm disappointed he would steal TK's "Thunder". TK is an unsung hero that always came up big when the team needed it the most but rarely got credit for his contributions, so for DJJ to sniffle at that is immature. Give your brother and former teammate a shout out as I guarantee TK would give one to DJJ.

Overall, I understand why DJJ would leave. It sucks and I wish he was staying to continue the momentum and build his own legacy but it is what it is. I wish him well but also hope he matures on and off the court.
          At the Sioux empire luncheon otz mentioned that this isnt daums team or flatten or djj. But it was tevins team he was the leader and it wasnt even close from the sounds of it. The team will sure look different next year but will be excited to see new guys build on a great tradition we have. I see no reason that wont continue.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            At the Sioux empire luncheon otz mentioned that this isnt daums team or flatten or djj. But it was tevins team he was the leader and it wasnt even close from the sounds of it. The team will sure look different next year but will be excited to see new guys build on a great tradition we have. I see no reason that wont continue.
            Otz was at the Sioux empire luncheon? Who pick up his airline ticket? Or was a while back?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Otz was at the Sioux empire luncheon? Who pick up his airline ticket? Or was a while back?
              Couple months ago. Before summit tourney. Dont recall. February maybe?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Couple months ago. Before summit tourney. Dont recall. February maybe?
                Okay maybe a team reunion might bring Otz back to Brookings but not much else. The page has been turned.

Comment

Okay maybe a team reunion might bring Otz back to Brookings but not much else. The page has been turned.
                  I am aware of that. I dont think anyone will be seeing him a luncheon anytime soon.

Comment

I am aware of that. I dont think anyone will be seeing him a luncheon anytime soon.
                    No for sure. We should all feel like stepping stone.

Comment

No for sure. We should all feel like stepping stone.
                      Figured three to five years when he was hired. His tenure was within the range.

Comment

Jenkins has been selling a car and other furniture on Sioux Falls rummage sites for what it's worth

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                          Jenkins has been selling a car and other furniture on Sioux Falls rummage sites for what it's worth
                          Unless he is moving in with a rich girl friend, I would think he is leaving Btown.

Comment

I remember selling furniture at the end of the school year. But back then, selling furniture meant hauling boxes of Old Mil Light returnables back to the liquor store.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

He’s 100% leaving. On his sales post he said he’s moving out of state

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                He’s 100% leaving. On his sales post he said he’s moving out of state
                                We haven’t been in the running since the day TJ took the UNLV job. His keeping us on his “list” meant nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X