2019-20 Men's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Someone help me understand the chatter about DJJ and play of the year. According to the item I find for the Play of the Year, the dunk is what is available for a vote. I did not see the 3000th point or half court shot in the selection list. Of course, there are more choices for other sports.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Someone help me understand the chatter about DJJ and play of the year. According to the item I find for the Play of the Year, the dunk is what is available for a vote. I did not see the 3000th point or half court shot in the selection list. Of course, there are more choices for other sports.
      Post #369

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        It's not that I don't agree with those comments. I am all for a good debate with someone even if I don't agree with them. Whether you like it or not, comments like that do make the poster look like an idiot, and by association, the SDSU fan base gets a bad rap because of a few loose cannons. I'm not "pissed off" and never am in regards to comments made here. You can call it being judge and jury, or whatever you want... I'm going to call out a bad post, especially when it makes us all look bad. Go hang out on Twitter with that garbage, and make your account look like you're a USD fan at least so you don't get associated with the majority of SDSU fans.
        Here we go again - posts you don't like or don't agree with, whatever you want to call it, are "garbage". Disagree if you want but you don't need to call people idiots for saying things you don't like. You say you are going to call our a bad post but the post you followed up with the idiot comment absolutely did not warrant that:

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        His coach abandoned him? He is abandoning the rest of his team. Cry me a river! Jenkins had an opportunity to go down as one of the all time greats at SDSU and perhaps threaten Daum's scoring record. Good kid and wish him well, but will be interesting to see how his game evolves with a team members that also expect to get their shots.

Comment

For those that didn't notice, Mike's 3000th point was nominated for Moment of the Year. It makes more sense for it to be there rather than Play of the Year. I'll leave links to the videos and polls below for all categories.

Moment of the Year https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...62343000526848 http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b19670fa
          Play of the Year https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...70428600516609 http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b19670fe
          Coach of the Year https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...32816713637888 http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b19670f7
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            For those that didn't notice, Mike's 3000th point was nominated for Moment of the Year. It makes more sense for it to be there rather than Play of the Year. I'll leave links to the videos and polls below for all categories.

Moment of the Year https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...62343000526848 http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b19670fa
            Play of the Year https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...70428600516609 http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b19670fe
            Coach of the Year https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...32816713637888 http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b19670f7
            That soccer kick was amazing. It got my vote and I dont think I have ever attended a single game or match of soccer, but probably will this fall. That sport has some amazing athletes.

Comment

Everyone seems to think that the dunk (or the buzzer beater that wasn't selected)are the automatic winner. I thought the pin was brilliant, the diving catch was awesome, and the over-the-shoulder softball catch was great (nothing against the soccer kick). The dunk was awesome and the buzzer beater was awesome. Something about a "little guy" dunking with a defender trying to stop it is exciting. And again, buzzer beater is also exciting. I would vote for the surprise pin. Even the ref wasn't ready for that. All these Tacoma people on twitter trying to butter up DJJ, please don't think that is going to make up his mind on where he is playing next in the future. He is going to find the school that will work out the best for him. I wish DJJ the best and I hope he reconsiders SDSU. Nothing against him if he doesn't.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                Everyone seems to think that the dunk (or the buzzer beater that wasn't selected)are the automatic winner. I thought the pin was brilliant, the diving catch was awesome, and the over-the-shoulder softball catch was great (nothing against the soccer kick). The dunk was awesome and the buzzer beater was awesome. Something about a "little guy" dunking with a defender trying to stop it is exciting. And again, buzzer beater is also exciting. I would vote for the surprise pin. Even the ref wasn't ready for that.
                I think that if people actually went to these events (soccer/softball/baseball) they would see a number of great plays. Probably more per game than we see in basketball and maybe even football. Unfortunately, the fan base just isn't there yet. Some of the most entertaining Jacks games I have been to are baseball and soccer.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Here we go again - posts you don't like or don't agree with, whatever you want to call it, are "garbage". Disagree if you want but you don't need to call people idiots for saying things you don't like. You say you are going to call our a bad post but the post you followed up with the idiot comment absolutely did not warrant that:
                  Just to clarify, I didn't call anyone an idiot, I said that comments like the one that was made make the poster look like an idiot. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't... But they definitely look like one when they post stuff like that. Also, the idiot comment was in reference to an earlier post, not the one you quoted from JackGuyII.

Let's move on. If you want to continue this conversation, PM me.

Comment

Interesting article in the Athletic on Caleb Grille

https://theathletic.com/943612/2019/...-pursuing-him/

Comment

DJJ was in Cubbys last night having dinner with Coach Altman from Oregon. Altman flew in on a private jet around 4:30-5, had dinner, and then took off around 8. Take that for what it's worth.

Comment

DJJ was in Cubbys last night having dinner with Coach Altman from Oregon. Altman flew in on a private jet around 4:30-5, had dinner, and then took off around 8. Take that for what it's worth.
                        That sounds like a very liberal sized recruiting budget. I am impressed and DJJ was shooting out the Twitter pics from the campus visit earlier. Will DJJ have more campus visits coming up?
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Just to clarify, I didn't call anyone an idiot, I said that comments like the one that was made make the poster look like an idiot. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't... But they definitely look like one when they post stuff like that. Also, the idiot comment was in reference to an earlier post, not the one you quoted from JackGuyII.

The point I took from CappinHard's earlier post is this: Posters on message boards may want to be mindful that they are posting on a public forum that can be viewed by countless people including current athletes, athletes considering SDSU, parents and friends of athletes, coaches, and, unfortunately, fans from other schools who enjoy seeing SDSU going through an unsettling period. How often have we read on this board and on other boards, posts about fan "melt-downs" or "dumpster fire" (I really like that the one), or "*#$t show" and similar terms? Often those posts are making fun of an opponent and almost always the basis for that is the expression of opinion by just a few fans. It happens on this board when discussing other teams. It happens on other boards when discussing SDSU athletics. EXAMPLE: In the wake of TJ's taking the UNLV job and DJJ's announcement and then Grill's announcement, the goings on at SDSU were referred to as a "*#$t show" on another Summit League school's fan message board. I heard about it and went to that board and read the comments. [There was more than a little irony in those comments because some may conclude that particular school was an extended "*#$t show" (to use the description used on that board) after having a coaching change and the defection of a star player.

As we've all seen, losing coaches and players to transfer can happen to any school.

I thought Cap's post was an expression of his opinion that some other opinions were a little over the top and people could consider toning it down a bit. He did not say people should not be giving opinions. No one was called an idiot (but behavior was likened to 'acting like an idiot'.) There are others on this board who may share that sentiment.

I have to remind myself when visiting other boards that three or four posters on a board do not represent a fan base (or I start laughing at the other fan base and then I resort to thinking things like "fan melt-down" or "dumpster fire", or "*#$t show" and similar terms.

Last edited by JackJD; 04-25-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

DJJ is selling 2 vehicles on marketplace...take that for what it’s worth. Public transit is ok in Brookings but unless you live within 2 blocks of campus it’s necessary to have a vehicle in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              DJJ is selling 2 vehicles on marketplace...take that for what it’s worth. Public transit is ok in Brookings but unless you live within 2 blocks of campus it’s necessary to have a vehicle in Brookings.
                              He gone. I hope we all realize that.

Comment

If they had the bacon cheddar fries, that might convince Altman to move to Brookings and become an assistant. Nice bit of recruiting by DJJ
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X