X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

A
    Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    As far as David Jenkins Jr. goes... I will wish him well, and all the luck in the world.

He's a great basketball player, and a real nice young man. I doubt many of those who are upset about his decision have had a chance to talk with the young man.

He was very approachable, friendly to kids, even went to some local high school games during the year. I was able to visit with him a couple of times.

I'm hoping that the negative comments directed in his direction were because feelings are/were hurt.

He gave our school 2 very good years, and had an opportunity to move on to a bigger school. This happens.

I also hope that some others are cognizant of the fact that recruits, possible recruits, and parents read this message board.

Not trying to lecture anyone, you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't like seeing our players (current, former, or otherwise) run down by our own fan base. It's not a good look.
    Even though I never met DJJ. I don’t question any part of your post. I am purely butt hurt because he left. I always thought DDJ looked like All In The Family, character Lionel who played Archie like a fiddle. The professional name I don’t recall. A compliment intended.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-21-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

K
      Originally posted by yote4life View Post
      If he stays eligible then he should contribute right away. Offensively he can more than hold his own in the Summit. He's got sons showmanship too. The rest of the league is going to hate him, you guys are going to love him.
      As far eligibility, I believe Mrs. Sell is in charge of the study hall that D-1 requires so I am sure Noah will get as much help as he needs. Noah’s dad Pat who played for Augie used to get the SDSU fans going and I was totally surprised when Noah signed with SDSU. Noah’s uncle was an football assistant at USD and had a freak accident while changing a tire. He was hospitalized for a period of time and do believe he recovered.

Comment

No, sadly Mike Friedel did not recover, he passed away after a number of years in a coma.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nebhsrecruits/st...795631107?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

David Wingett is a Jackrabbit! Huge roster boost for us!
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              Huge!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Huge!
                I agree huge, but does not make up for loss of DJJ

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  David Wingett is a Jackrabbit! Huge roster boost for us!
                  I take it he's not eligible this year though...?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I agree huge, but does not make up for loss of DJJ
                    I disagree with that! https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/rec...87441cd42.html

Comment

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D110&FORM=VIRE

Comment

Love this addition...And echo JackguyII, it eases the loss of DJJ and he should be completely heathy in 18 months with what I understand to be 4 years of eligibility after receiving the med hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I take it he's not eligible this year though...?
                          I heard some rumblings that he could end up being eligible this year when he was granted his release. He basically missed the entire 18-19 season due to injury, and the NCAA could potentially rule him eligible this upcoming season even though he is transferring.

The NCAA is so inconsistent with these rulings it's hard to know if this will come to fruition, so until the paperwork is processed, I'll take the "hope for the best, expect the worst" mindset.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            I heard some rumblings that he could end up being eligible this year when he was granted his release. He basically missed the entire 18-19 season due to injury, and the NCAA could potentially rule him eligible this upcoming season even though he is transferring.

The NCAA is so inconsistent with these rulings it's hard to know if this will come to fruition, so until the paperwork is processed, I'll take the "hope for the best, expect the worst" mindset.
                            With the timing of his announcing he was transferring coinciding with Memphis needing to free up scholarships to sign three extremely highly rated recruits and transfers, it is likely he was "encouraged" to transfer by Penny. Hopefully that would be considered by the NCAA if a waiver to play right away is asked for.

Comment

You look at the current roster and we have a lot more length.

Comment

Uh, wow. The Wingett addition completely changes the outlook of this program's foreseeable future. Great job by Hendo on this pickup!

Comment

Working...
                                X