Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Former Jackrabbit Garrett Callahan, who coaches youth basketball now, evidently watched the Jackrabbits and DSU practice together and posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/1603200011/...545677?sfns=mo

I like the sound of that. A return of fundamentals and a return to Jackrabbit Basketball.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Former Jackrabbit Garrett Callahan, who coaches youth basketball now, evidently watched the Jackrabbits and DSU practice together and posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/1603200011/posts/10213924768545677?sfns=mo

I like the sound of that. A return of fundamentals and a return to Jackrabbit Basketball.

SUPERBUNNY
    *jerk off motion*

Why do I want basketball players not using proven effective moves?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    *jerk off motion*

Why do I want basketball players not using proven effective moves?
    You may have drawn a conclusion that is not valid. It appears to me that the foundation is what is an emphasis at this time. Otherwise, I am assuming you are referring to point 4 or point 1 & 2. Hopefully point 3 is not your reference.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

For whatever it's worth, Noah Freidel won the men's three-point shooting contest at the Jacks' tipoff event on Oct. 17. He also beat the women's champ Tylee Irwin. It's hard to draw any opinions about players, but transfer David Wingett looks smooth. I really hope he's eligible to play this season.
    This space for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Noah Freidel won the men's three-point shooting contest at the Jacks' tipoff event on Oct. 17. He also beat the women's champ Tylee Irwin. It's hard to draw any opinions about players, but transfer David Wingett looks smooth. I really hope he's eligible to play this season.
    I agree on Wingett. I wish they could make that night a bit more interesting. I don't need to see Tylee do anything as we already know what she can do. I would like to see the new people do something. Heck run a 3 man weave up and down the court a couple times atleast get them on the court. But that's just me.

No dunk competition?

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    No dunk competition?
    Nope.......unless you want to count the junior jacks dunk competition which was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwin View Post
    I agree on Wingett. I wish they could make that night a bit more interesting. I don't need to see Tylee do anything as we already know what she can do. I would like to see the new people do something. Heck run a 3 man weave up and down the court a couple times atleast get them on the court. But that's just me.
    Doesn't surprise me on Wingett. He was smooth in high school. If Irwin can ad 15% to her 3 point shooting from last year, that would be a huge plus for the team, because they will have to defend her out there .

I agree that something should be added to make the tip-off event a little more interesting. The players (men and women) are introduced and and they compete in a shooting contest. That's about it. The whole event lasts about an hour, including brief comments from the coaches. Midco broadcasters narrate the event, which is a nice touch. But much of the time is devoted to the contest in which kids try to dunk on a basket that's about four feet high.
    This space for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I agree that something should be added to make the tip-off event a little more interesting. The players (men and women) are introduced and and they compete in a shooting contest. That's about it. The whole event lasts about an hour, including brief comments from the coaches. Midco broadcasters narrate the event, which is a nice touch. But much of the time is devoted to the contest in which kids try to dunk on a basket that's about four feet high.
    I'd recommend bringing in Snoop!