Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Or maybe he wasn't and that is why he's leading the committee in charge of changing the rule? That doesn't happen overnight. And still no guarantee it is going to happen. It will eventually go to a vote.
    Bingo I think you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      You could very well be right.
      I'm thinking it could look like this: (I've changed my thinking a little)

PG O King - Mims - Brown
      SG Buchanan - Freidel
      SF Ariens - Scheierman
      PF Wilson - Fiegen
      C Dentlinger/Dillon - Coburn

Still room for 1 more! DJJ will probably go, and I expect Grill is gone with the offers he has gathered. That means, I'm looking for a Grad Transfer type. Could use another Senior to help balance out the roster. A Senior PG (if they think Owen isn't ready) or a 3/4 type (kind of like Wilson...but maybe more of a stretch 4.. shooter type) would be good...bring some balance to the roster.
      Is Brown on scholly? If not, there would be room for a couple more scholarship recruits, plus another walk-on or two. Regardless, the possible lineup is looking better and better.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Is Brown on scholly?
        No, he's not.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but if we have a scholarly open when the school year starts I think to give the team another boost and morale builder is to put brown on scholarship his senior year. Seems like it would be a good investment for 1 year.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            No, he's not.
            Verbal commits show Dentlinger as a walk on too. Is that accurate?

Interesting what they they will do with open scholarships. Do you fill them up with freshman and then limit your recruiting for next year or sign an upper class men transfer of leave them open.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
              Verbal commits show Dentlinger as a walk on too. Is that accurate?

Interesting what they they will do with open scholarships. Do you fill them up with freshman and then limit your recruiting for next year or sign an upper class men transfer of leave them open.
              I remember hearing that dentlinger is quite smart and is on an academic scholarship

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                I remember hearing that dentlinger is quite smart and is on an academic scholarship
                He was during his first year in Brookings because there weren't any basketball scholarships available. So was technically considered a walk-on. But once a player is on the active roster and eligible to play, their scholarship has to count towards the basketball limit of 13. I don't think you can be on any other type of scholarship and play. Your scholarship either counts towards the 13 or you must be a true walk-on and be paying your own way 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  He was during his first year in Brookings because there weren't any basketball scholarships available. So was technically considered a walk-on. But once a player is on the active roster and eligible to play, their scholarship has to count towards the basketball limit of 13. I don't think you can be on any other type of scholarship and play. Your scholarship either counts towards the 13 or you must be a true walk-on and be paying your own way 100%.
                  Is that the same as the grey shirt Brayden Carlson had when he redshirted? The second year there was a scholarship situation.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• 2019-20 Men's Roster

Zimmer reported that Jenkins was at the spring game wearing an SDSU basketball hoody. That definitely surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Zimmer reported that Jenkins was at the spring game wearing an SDSU basketball hoody. That definitely surprised me.
                      Wasn't quick enough with my post. Here's the tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Wasn't quick enough with my post. Here's the tweet.
                        Well he still is an sdsu student right. Semester isnt over yet. At the same time he saw daum stay and have an amazing career here just didnt have the ending it expected.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Well he still is an sdsu student right. Semester isnt over yet. At the same time he saw daum stay and have an amazing career here just didnt have the ending it expected.
                          Yeah, I probably wouldn't read too much into it right now, but maybe it was an early "Easter egg" for Jacks MBB fans. Suppose one could argue that if he were likely to leave, he might be less apt to attend a public event having media present though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            I think the Gonzaga hoody would have been awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                              I think the Gonzaga hoody would have been awkward.
                              #HoodieWatch2019
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

He’s staying ! Only thing it can mean !
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X