Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The roster has been up for awhile. Jenkins was taken off over the weekend, and no Key added yet.
    It was updated again sometime yesterday. The Freshmen were added and coach weathers removed.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      It was updated again sometime yesterday. The Freshmen were added and coach weathers removed.
      Hadn't heard about Weathers - where is he going ? So we need to add two coaches, and have room to add two more scholarship players.

Comment

The roster has been up for awhile. Jenkins was taken off over the weekend, and no Key added yet.
        He's coming back. Don't worry over it.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          He's coming back. Don't worry over it.
          I don’t plan too

Comment

Hadn't heard about Weathers - where is he going ? So we need to add two coaches, and have room to add two more scholarship players.
            Coach Weathers wasn't retained ... two new coaches to be announced real soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I don’t plan too
              Good, I was worried! Sounds like we could have another player announcement coming shortly too!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                Coach Weathers wasn't retained ... two new coaches to be announced real soon!
                Am I the only one who thought the Weathers hire was a tad strange?

Comment

With the current roster having Key back is welcomed IMO. A guy with at least a little experience. We know he plays good D and create a little offense off the dribble.

What he doesn’t do is shoot the 3. When you look at the roster this team could shoot(and make) a mind boggling low number of 3’s. In today’s game that is concerning IMO. Hoping for a proven long distance shooter grad transfer for that last scholly. I don’t see how you go any other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    You're not alone, as he didn't have the typical background so I would guess he was hired strictly for recruiting connections. As for the open positions real curious about who Hendo hires, I would imagine he snags someone with Wisconsin ties as that was his bread and butter recruiting ground. Also really would like to see him hire someone with strong ties to Minneapolis/St. Paul. There is so much talent up here from P5 to Mid-Major.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                      With the current roster having Key back is welcomed IMO. A guy with at least a little experience. We know he plays good D and create a little offense off the dribble.

What he doesn’t do is shoot the 3. When you look at the roster this team could shoot(and make) a mind boggling low number of 3’s. In today’s game that is concerning IMO. Hoping for a proven long distance shooter grad transfer for that last scholly. I don’t see how you go any other direction.
                      He came on real strong at the end of 2018. Started to settle down and not force things (i.e. driving to the lane into double and triple teams) which was crucial. I know O. King is a PG by nature but he just doesn't seem quick enough at this level and better off playing the wing so if Key & Hendo have a good relationship I would be all for it. Pt. Guard is the most concerning issue going into 2019-20 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post

Well, who wouldn't want a good shooter as a Grad Transfer? As for the returning Roster...
                        Buchanan is a good 3 point shooter.
                        Mims is a good 3 point shooter.
                        Fiegen and Arians are both capable from that distance.
                        Both Dillon and Dentlinger can shoot the ball, not at Daum's level, but who is? The point is, they really didn't get a chance to show this... they both are capable.
                        The incoming Freshmen... Scheierman and Freidel can really shoot it.

I don't think the shooting thing will be as big of an issue as many. Will they be as good at it? No. Losing Daum and Jenkins would do that to any team.

Comment

As far as David Jenkins Jr. goes... I will wish him well, and all the luck in the world.

He's a great basketball player, and a real nice young man. I doubt many of those who are upset about his decision have had a chance to talk with the young man.

He was very approachable, friendly to kids, even went to some local high school games during the year. I was able to visit with him a couple of times.

I'm hoping that the negative comments directed in his direction were because feelings are/were hurt.

He gave our school 2 very good years, and had an opportunity to move on to a bigger school. This happens.

I also hope that some others are cognizant of the fact that recruits, possible recruits, and parents read this message board.

Not trying to lecture anyone, you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't like seeing our players (current, former, or otherwise) run down by our own fan base. It's not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I thought it was odd to hire a retired boxer turned one handed golf coach to help out with a basketball team. Or was that a different Weathers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I have seen a few impressive clips on Noah. We got fall practice to go through and by then Hendo and staff will know whether Noah is ready or not.
                              If he stays eligible then he should contribute right away. Offensively he can more than hold his own in the Summit. He's got some showmanship too. The rest of the league is going to hate him, you guys are going to love him.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
                                If he stays eligible then he should contribute right away. Offensively he can more than hold his own in the Summit. He's got some showmanship too. The rest of the league is going to hate him, you guys are going to love him.
                                If he stays eligible?

Comment

Working...
                                X