X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill follows TJ back to Iowa St.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

sorry i do not leave the sdsu part of this thing very often. also sorry to Goon, but if you can explain to me some of the ways to win a game WITHOUT scoring more than the other team, then i definitely need to get over to these pages more often)))

maybe that is why i am not coaching any longer)) i think i ended most of my pregame speeches by saying lets go out there and score more points than the other guys) i also had other simple fundamental ideas like pass the ball to people wearing the same color shirt as you

to keep this relevant to TJ it is more difficult to score more points than the other team, if you consistently allow them to score at will
      I should have clarified but you can focus on defense or offense or both. Tj is more just offense. Like Wisconsin you can win 60-55. Tj teams arent going to go that route. He would rather win 100-95.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• sorry goon, and forgive me. i totally understood what you meant. i was just being a smart ass. sometimes i find myself unable to keep my sarcasm on the leash.

also totally agree with your intent!! i really think that TJ is a good and a nice person, but i found his coaching philosophy and style very VERY hard to watch. wish him the best at ISU and he has been a good recruiter. if he can get kids and their families to believe that ISU is the place he finally plans to stay at for more than 3 years, he will probably continue to do a decent job as a recruiter. unfortunately, he needs to be an ELITE recruiter because he has thus far shown zero ability to help players grow/ improve/ get the MOST out of their ability. which will mean he basically needs to recruit kids who are finished products or very close and ready to go out and win against kansas and the rest of the big 12.

i hope i am wrong. i would be happy for TJ to succeed at ISU. i think it probably is the job he has always wanted. i think he is a nice guy with a nice family and i definitely do not with for him to fail. ALSO i do not think that him succeeding at ISU is any threat to the jacks. i dont think him at ISU would mean that he will be in competition with the jacks for lots of area recruits. it does not seem to me that he has consistently shown any intention to be a local/ regional recruiter. plus there continues to be more and more talent in sd and the neighboring states and i have EVERY faith in hendo and staff ability to hold their own

Comment

• So far, Otzelberger has led Iowa State to a 7-0 record with wins against Memphis and Xavier with DEFENSE being an emphasis. This was a team that went 2-21 last year. Props to Otz, and hopefully they can make a run this year! I had my doubts, but looks like a great hire so far for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Otz is off to a great start!

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
              So far, Otzelberger has led Iowa State to a 7-0 record with wins against Memphis and Xavier with DEFENSE being an emphasis. This was a team that went 2-21 last year. Props to Otz, and hopefully they can make a run this year! I had my doubts, but looks like a great hire so far for the Cyclones.
              Not a fan. My favorite team is whoever is playing Iowa State.

Comment

• I think we are in a better spot now that he is gone. I was mad initially when he took the one recruit and the other kid who could shoot. I'm not mad anymore. Thanks for stopping by TJ, I appreciate what you did here, no need to come back.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Didn't notice it until I saw a post on Twitter this morning, but Iowa State is now in last place in the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                    Didn't notice it until I saw a post on Twitter this morning, but Iowa State is now in last place in the Big 12.
                    They are kind of ass-backwards from the TJ coached teams that we knew - the defense is pretty good but their offense sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

They are kind of ass-backwards from the TJ coached teams that we knew - the defense is pretty good but their offense sucks.
                      thats an improvement over his unlv teams, they didnt do more for offense or defense.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Loved watching Tj and the #13 Cyclones go down to winless Texas Tech in the Big 12 in Ot. Iowa State was up 23 in the second half. Former ORU player Kevin Obanor had 22 points for Texas Tech and former SDSU commit Caleb Grill and now Cyclone again had a key turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Loved watching Tj and the #13 Cyclones go down to winless Texas Tech in the Big 12 in Ot. Iowa State was up 23 in the second half. Former ORU player Kevin Obanor had 22 points for Texas Tech and former SDSU commit Caleb Grill and now Cyclone again had a key turnover.
                          Speaking of Obanor, I am curious if he has buyer's remorse as he considers the NCAA tourney potential of his current team vs ORU.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Speaking of Obanor, I am curious if he has buyer's remorse as he considers the NCAA tourney potential of his current team vs ORU.
                            He might have buyer's remorse this year, but last year Texas Tech was a 3 seed in NCAA tourney & had a great run losing in a very close game to Duke in Sweet 16.

Comment

Working...
                            X