Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    I really like this possibility... is it sad I’m kinda hoping it happens? Just barely. I’ve just never been a big fan of Otz and he has always gave me the big city vibe. I want a coach who has a chance of staying for a while. I realize that’s hard to find and have success though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The coaches that will take this program to the next level are also the same guys that will, more than likely, has P5 aspirations. I think our best case scenario would be to have a coach that develops his replacement.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Honestly I’m far more worried about losing DJ and Grill the I am TJ. So many baffling coaching decisions and the lack of ability to coach defense has irritated me. I just felt this year we were an undisplined team that wore out as the season went on, which I directly lay at the coaches feet. If our top players bolt we could be looking at a start up on par to the initial move to D1. Yikes!

Comment

If you're throwing out Ryan Miller, how about throwing out Mike Miller. Maybe he was impressed with what he saw in Memphis last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          Honestly I’m far more worried about losing DJ and Grill the I am TJ. So many baffling coaching decisions and the lack of ability to coach defense has irritated me. I just felt this year we were an undisplined team that wore out as the season went on, which I directly lay at the coaches feet. If our top players bolt we could be looking at a start up on par to the initial move to D1. Yikes!
          This. Good recruiter? I think so. Good coach? I have questions about discipline, that's why I suggested McCollum.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Why is there nothing on the UNLV boards? Am I missing something? All I see is Pitino speculation (given his background, sending him to UNLV would be real moral challenge).
            You looking here? https://unlv.forums.rivals.com/forum...nfidential.12/

Looks like that's their most active forum. Requires a subscription.

Comment

TJ Going to UNLV?

https://twitter.com/johngaskins981/s...934213632?s=21

Just to support the Miles case.
              IF he wants to coach mid major.... we look good. Only IF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If he applied etc the players have probably known for awhile that something was going on..Wonder if that effected performance in the W Illinois game. I felt like there was something gong on.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  You looking here? https://unlv.forums.rivals.com/forum...nfidential.12/

Looks like that's their most active forum. Requires a subscription.
                  Don't want to pay for the pleasure of speculation. Looking at the first subject (can't find responses) there was something about players want Miller-- assume that's Mike, not Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Even if we lose TJ, Grill, and DJJ, this will be in no way similar to our initial move to DI.

We have a new practice facility, upcoming Frost renovations, and a strong history of success in DI now.

Back then, we had walkons and football players playing significant minutes on 20+ loss teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Even if we lose TJ, Grill, and DJJ, this will be in no way similar to our initial move to DI.

We have a new practice facility, upcoming Frost renovations, and a strong history of success in DI now.

Back then, we had walkons and football players playing significant minutes on 20+ loss teams.
                      I think a Nagy quote during transition was that he thought his best D2 clubs could have won about seventeen games. Our transition teams were far worse than our D2 teams. Remember when they lost to Wayne State College and Wayne State University back to back-- by big margins IIRC. Think they won a close one with Bellevue, which is now a real powerhouse in the Northstar. Don't think any disaster like that will happen. Get a young coach without ties to the area, and he's going to go when he gets a good reputation. Welcome to D1 mid majors.

Comment

Haha, ok maybe I’m being a bit dramatic... But I don’t look at this roster without those two players being a team that is a threat in the Summit League at all. We’ve made hay with transfers to fill holes before, but it would certainly help to have a base of talent available and fill in the holes with transfers rather than trying to build a team that way. Will make for an interesting off season if he does in fact leave.

Comment

The link below has TJ linked to the Cal job. Anyone heard anything on that? UNLV and Cal are big time moves.

https://247sports.com/college/alabam...hes-130547842/

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            If he applied etc the players have probably known for awhile that something was going on..Wonder if that effected performance in the W Illinois game. I felt like there was something gong on.
                            Their former coach wasn't fired until a week after the WIU game.
                            Last edited by bigticket1; 03-26-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Get a young coach without ties to the area, and he's going to go when he gets a good reputation. Welcome to D1 mid majors.
                              This.

We have been spoiled by the fact that we have 2 very successful coaches, AJ and Stig, that have stuck with their programs. They are the exception, not the rule.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Don't want to pay for the pleasure of speculation. Looking at the first subject (can't find responses) there was something about players want Miller-- assume that's Mike, not Ryan.
                                Could be either- Ryan was an assistant there before moving on to TCU.

Comment

Working...
                                X