Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Potentially catastrophic implications with certain incoming recruits and current players. We'll see.
    People thought Nagy left the cupboard bare otz left the roster in twice as worse state.

Comment

What about AJ?

(Hey, he started in the mens program to begin with....)
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        I really doubt Klink gets a shot. Just my opinion.

I don’t have any inside info but Otz deactivating his Twitter account is probably all we need to know. He’s off somewhere and we’ll probably find out by the end of the week. It’s also really weird that he did that.
        Agreed. I wouldn't be as worried about rumors, but the Twitter account nearly seals it.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I really doubt Klink gets a shot. Just my opinion.

I don’t have any inside info but Otz deactivating his Twitter account is probably all we need to know. He’s off somewhere and we’ll probably find out by the end of the week. It’s also really weird that he did that.
          The Twitter thing is the weirdest thing. Why deactivate your account just because you are looking around at other jobs? Doesn’t want to deal with people potentially getting into his mentions?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Agreed. I wouldn't be as worried about rumors, but the Twitter account nearly seals it.
            I'm thinking that if the word got to Zim... they are probably in negotiations. He's not just "on a list".

There's been some silence around the program the past week... which I guess is understandable, but I have a feeling he is going. Which means I hope we can convince some players (and recruits) to stay.

Comment

Rather than trying to nail a P5 coach and get him to take a 70% salary cut, how about....

Ben McCullum from Northwest Missouri. Will probably go undefeated. Have no idea whether he could make the jump from D2 or recruit at this level, but having watched this guy's teams for the last six years, they are about the best coached group I've ever seen. Year in and year out. Make as few mistakes as any team I've seen -- and I'm a geezer. I know Nagy said it took him years to relearn coaching at the D1 level and I know Kim Anderson was a washout at Mizzou and apparently sandwiched that with successful D2 coaching. But, ask yourself if Tim Miles is going to be happy taking a million dollar salary hit?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                So his contract extension that he signed is through 2023 and the buyout is about $975k according to what I found online. That kind of buyout money, even for a school as big as UNLV, is going to put a ton of pressure on him right away.

I could be way off base but I can't imagine a Miles/Drew taking the 400k to come to Brookings, especially if we lose the talent if TJ heads south. Unless, I suppose, it is situation where the coach is making a bunch of cash from their previous job and just takes the Jacks to build their resume back up.
                I disagree here. That is still 400k to live in Brookings, SD. You can live pretty large on that. Coach gets to have the Summit league tourney is his back yard every year, with one if not the best fan base in the conference. Not to mention the upgrades coming to Frost in the coming years. I think its a pretty lucrative job for a guy like Miles.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  The optimist in me says that he did it to avoid having to deal with Twitter until it blows over.
                  The pessimist in me says it is because UNLV's coach already has an account
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Miles just got fired. He won’t be making the same type of money. Could he make more than we offer? Yeah. But it’s up to him if a couple hundred thousand is worth giving up what SDSU offers. Everything SDSU offers to every other coach PLUS the fact his is South Dakota native and would get the chance to coach in his home state with plenty of opportunity to have crazy success. As nice of a guy as he is I think he would really fit in Brookings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If y'all mother****ers get Tim Miles out of this I will be a sad sad panda.
                      2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                        If y'all mother****ers get Tim Miles out of this I will be a sad sad panda.
                        I really like this possibility... is it sad I’m kinda hoping it happens? Just barely. I’ve just never been a big fan of Otz and he has always gave me the big city vibe. I want a coach who has a chance of staying for a while. I realize that’s hard to find and have success though.

Comment

Last time we thought Ryan Miller was the natural fit like we think Tim Miles would be right now. Odds are the hire would be someone we haven't heard of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                            Last time we thought Ryan Miller was the natural fit like we think Tim Miles would be right now. Odds are the hire would be someone we haven't heard of yet.
                            Party pooper

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                              Tim Miles would be a much bigger slam dunk than Ryan Miller though imo. We may have thought Ryan Miller was a good fit, but he wouldn't have been that high profile of a hire. Tim Miles would probably be above most P5 assistant coaches.

Comment

Why is there nothing on the UNLV boards? Am I missing something? All I see is Pitino speculation (given his background, sending him to UNLV would be real moral challenge).

Comment

Working...
                                X