TJ Going to UNLV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

After Craig Smith bailed out on USD after three seasons, the Coyotes hired an alum, Todd Lee, perhaps to give the program longer-term stability. I'm not sure that's the best option. USD could be stuck with Lee for a long time, whether they want him or not. But going with a successful alum is an option to consider. There might be some successful SDSU grads or former players out there (besides Austin Hansen) who are worth considering. Any suggestions?
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
      Time to slip into Tim Miles DMs?
      No worries, I already sent him some pretty racy pics.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        I would like to see Austin Hansen on the list to be considered for the job.
        IMO, that ship has sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
          Miles has a much better fresh date than Tubby. Bad rep in Minnesota and Memphis FWIK. And Las Vegas looks like they have a snarky jaded fan base, so there.
          No joke, it looks like a big name is way more important to them than quality of coach or person. That's Vegas for you I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            I would like to see Austin Hansen on the list to be considered for the job.
            You are kidding right? The players ran him out of here when he was here and Justin knows this. He quit on the team that year. Also, he's as far from having a head coach personality, or any personality for that matter, as anyone.

Comment

Speaking of Craig Smith, I'm sure the way he came in from the Summit and took the MWC by storm helped shine a light on TJ.

All I know is that I'm glad Justin Sell is in our corner. In the next couple weeks we'll probably be dealing with another batch of rumors involving another SDSU basketball coach. The athletic department is in good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                After Craig Smith bailed out on USD after three seasons, the Coyotes hired an alum, Todd Lee, perhaps to give the program longer-term stability. I'm not sure that's the best option. USD could be stuck with Lee for a long time, whether they want him or not. But going with a successful alum is an option to consider. There might be some successful SDSU grads or former players out there (besides Austin Hansen) who are worth considering. Any suggestions?
                I am not aware of or can't think of any SDSU grads (besides Austin) that are college bball coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I am not aware of or can't think of any SDSU grads (besides Austin) that are college bball coaches.
                  I still think the combo of Matt Margenthaler and Mike Schott would be a stable coaching team with great relationships in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Comment

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I still think the combo of Matt Margenthaler and Mike Schott would be a stable coaching team with great relationships in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
                      I have more faith in Justin Sell than to make this hire. They are underachievers at the DII level when you consider the resources they have compared to their peers. Now you want to give them mid/low major resources and compete against major conference programs with 5 times SDSU's budget?
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Comment

Las Vegas paper says it's happening.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/ma...ketball-coach/
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

All aboard the Tim Miles train... Maybe we could start paying a dollar for every post we make to add to the pot that we can pay him? If TJ was at 350k, I'm guessing we'll have to pay Miles upwards of 450k for him to even think about it. Probably higher. I wonder how high the administration is willing to go for a hire like that.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Bob Sundvold. Even has D1 experience. Not pushing for this BTW.

Comment

Sitting here at lunch and just saw TJ to UNLV go across the ESPN NCAA ticker. He must interview well.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X