TJ Going to UNLV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

So this went from a rumor to TJ is gone? slow down.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Well..it isn't rocket science to think that the team will not be as good as when they had the greatest men's player in school history.
      No kidding. What a shock.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        No kidding. What a shock.
        Your right I’ll say 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
          So this went from a rumor to TJ is gone? slow down.
          I agree, a move for him to UNLV would be about as big a change culturally as you could get. Unless someone within his family was unhappy, I will believe this when I see it.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...859277829?s=21

Primary candidate per CBS Sports insider. I’d say he’s gone unless something drastic happens.

Comment

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/sport...b77576715.html

Here's a piece on McCullom. I'm getting warmed up to this guy. According to the D2 board, his assistant is moving to UMKC. Wasn't clear if was assistant or head coach. They had a piece on HC Kareem Richardson getting canned on the 'Roo's site, but nothing about a replacement. I think Kareem had assistant coaching experience at Louisville, right?

So-- For $350K you can get an assistant, like TJ who will have a learning curve and if successful will be off for greener pastures. Or a canned P5 head will be wondering how to get buy on scraps, or a D2 coach who will be happy for the raise. Plus this guy's from Storm Lake and might appreciate the short drive to see geezer relatives.

For the record, Tim Miles has the family connection and might be quite happy to come back home. Think he's a class guy and his ability to drive NDSU nuts would make him my first choice, but McCullom's close.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post

Primary candidate per CBS Sports insider. I’d say he’s gone unless something drastic happens.
                Doesn't look like the fan base is awaiting him with open arms.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post

I agree with this. Like I said earlier, I don't think Zim would know about it, unless they were in negotiations.

I like Coach Otz, have met him a few times, and I appreciate him. However, if he goes, I can handle it... but I'm worried about keeping players and recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                    I disagree here. That is still 400k to live in Brookings, SD. You can live pretty large on that. Coach gets to have the Summit league tourney is his back yard every year, with one if not the best fan base in the conference. Not to mention the upgrades coming to Frost in the coming years. I think its a pretty lucrative job for a guy like Miles.
                    Miles has money in the bank after coaching at CSU and Neb, 300-400k from SDSU would be worth it. Not exactly the same but Miles I understand will get the buyout from his contract. Like when Bo left Neb he got a big buyout so going to a smaller school didn't hurt as much. Plus Miles might need some time to prove he can run a program and if could keep SDSU as a winner he would get a pay day with another power5 school soon enough.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JeffWaddilove/st...20625805611008

Comment

The real question is what happens to THE otzelburger?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          It ended after the season ended. Promotion was only through the BBall season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            It ended after the season ended. Promotion was only through the BBall season.
                            I had the bacon cheese otzelburger. Was pretty good.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Milesarella Sticks?

Comment

Associate Head Coach Eric Henderson probably has to be considered a serious contender to replace Coach Otzelberger. (Yes, I'm convinced that T.J. is gone.) Maybe Henderson can keep the team and recruits in place. Ryan Miller deserves another look, too.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X