Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    91. Maybe petty isn't the right word. Nitpicky? Just seems like a small thing to worry/care about imo.

Edit: and to be fair to 91, I was reading the wrong article. Here's where he's talking: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ts/3288634002/
    It's a little nitpicky. You could say he didn't elevate the program but he also didn't do anything to set it back at least yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Zimms list is a joke not including Ryan Miller. Definitely qualified or more qualified than some listed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
        Zimms list is a joke not including Ryan Miller. Definitely qualified or more qualified than some listed.
        Can't disagree, his list was also very random outside of Miles, Phillips, Sather, & Wilber. I like Krabb but he's very young & green to take over a program like SDSU. Who though, this pick will be interesting either way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Will the administration allow Sell to use TJ's buyout money to sweeten the pot above and beyond what we have been paying for the right candidate ? One thing that could maybe draw Miles' interest is that he apparently has two elderly (late 80's-early 90's) parents an hour from Brookings.
          Take the 975K and give it to AJ !

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Let’s drop the Tim Miles dream and look at realistic prospects.
            I'm starting to agree with this, 02. Miles was making $2 million at Nebraska and has a hefty buyout coming. There seems to be good prospects out there, and SDSU has become an attractive gig for up-and-comers.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Random question, but what is with everyone having a hard-on for Ryan Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                Can't disagree, his list was also very random outside of Miles, Phillips, Sather, & Wilber. I like Krabb but he's very young & green to take over a program like SDSU. Who though, this pick will be interesting either way.
                Zimmer's list may look random since he is trying to figure out who is on Sell's list. Maybe if he added another 6 or 7 to the current 11 he may get one of 3 names Sell has on his list. I would expect quicker action on this hire since Sell likely has a target which is unlike a hire like NDSU with the women where they are hoping someone with talent will give them the time of day. Sell will find a winner looking for this gig.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The biggest concerns I have now, and the reason why I want a coach hired very quickly, are Jenkins and Grill. If we lose one or both of them, that is a much bigger blow than losing TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    The biggest concerns I have now, and the reason why I want a coach hired very quickly, are Jenkins and Grill. If we lose one or both of them, that is a much bigger blow than losing TJ.
                    This is my concern as well. This needs to be swift, but not rushed. The wrong hire is far, far worse than losing Jenkins/Grill.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      I am pretty sure DJ is as good as gone. Hope we can keep Grill.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Zimmer's list may look random since he is trying to figure out who is on Sell's list. Maybe if he added another 6 or 7 to the current 11 he may get one of 3 names Sell has on his list. I would expect quicker action on this hire since Sell likely has a target which is unlike a hire like NDSU with the women where they are hoping someone with talent will give them the time of day. Sell will find a winner looking for this gig.
                        I have a feeling that Sell will be spending the majority of his time in Portland on the phone. Maybe we should have someone stake out the Portland airport.

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                          Why do you say that? You have no idea if he wants to sit out a year or wants to move to Vegas. You have no idea what kind of relationships he has built on campus and with players and/or coaches that will be staying.

Comment

I remember Daum and Telly talking about how they thought about transferring after Nagy left. Hopefully the three seniors can help calm those ideas at least until the new hire is made.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                              Random question, but what is with everyone having a hard-on for Ryan Miller?
                              South Dakota Ties, still young but extremely experienced, Coached at high levels, put players in the NBA, and has recruiting connections that far exceed TJ's.

Comment

I would say Grill is far more likely to follow TJ than DJ. All he has to do is ask for his LOI release and sign, very rare for AD's to reject the request. DJJ would have to transfer, file an appeal to NCAA play right away or sit out one year. He's got a lot of momentum going for him so the risk of sitting for a year may not be that appealing, especially if Sell hits another home run on a Coaching Hire. UNLV somehow became a dumpster fire and needs major reconstruction, if you were a Junior would you want to be apart of that vs a young kid like Grill who as a Freshman knows no better?

Comment

Working...
                                X