Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/3/27/h...4Rt_8I.twitter

Klinkefus stays as associate head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sell must have a lot of confidence in Henderson, or I don't think it would have happened this fast without interviewing other candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...610224640?s=21

Another source. Congrats coach Henderson.

It doesn't get much more official than this:

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/3/27/h...asketball.aspx
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

If Henderson is the guy, so be it. Sells has earned the right to be trusted to do what's right for the program. It will be interesting for Henderson, though, no head coaching experience at the collegiate level and several gifted horses have left the barn. Hold onto your hats.

Comment

Coburn and Scheierman have both tweeted in support of the program. I think that says something about their relationship with Henderson and commitment to SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
              I know you guys probably won't give a serious look at Craig Doty, but man do I wish USD would have hired him after Smith left. He is having amazing success. I'm also a big fan of Matt Wilber, I think he's a really good coach.
              I wanted Doty or McCollum personally. Doty would've been awesome. We'll see how Henderson is though.

Comment

I'm guessing the TJ move caught no one inside the administration by surprise, thus explaining the quick move with Henderson. Even the whole "Associate Head Coach" title given to him prior to the season now seems to point to this being a done deal a while back. I'm dine with it. I really don't care who is hired as long as they can win. Let's see what happens, and good luck to Coach H!

Admitedly, I also feel robbed of a few days of good gossip, speculation, and character assassination that comes with a coaching search. Guess we'll just have to be content with the 20 hours we had without a coach!

Comment

Coburn and Scheierman have both tweeted in support of the program. I think that says something about their relationship with Henderson and commitment to SDSU.
                  This is great news. Very high on both of them long-term.

Comment

Double post. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      It doesn't get much more official than this:

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/3/27/h...asketball.aspx
                      That was FAST! This whole deal has been in the works for a lot longer than we knew about, which is a good way for all parties going about their business. And he has Mike Daums blessing.

Comment

I don't think any horses have left the barn yet.

Coach Henderson was probably the best chance we had, to keep the horses we have.

If you have met him, you'd be really happy for him... he's a great guy.

This is good news. (I hope!)

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                          I wanted Doty or McCollum personally. Doty would've been awesome. We'll see how Henderson is though.
                          I wanted Doty as well, but I'm extremely bias.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/3/27/h...4Rt_8I.twitter

Klinkefus stays as associate head coach.

Excited that Klink gets a promotion. Was worried that maybe he was going to be the one left to try and hold things together like after Nagy left. He is a Jackrabbit to the core !

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              I know it really doesn't matter. I guess if I had Zimmer's job I would probably have people questioning me all the time. I know he's much better at that job that I would be. It didn't take many posts for somebody to think I'm nitpicky. Probably correct, I'll work on that.

I'm just neutral on coach Otz. He didn't do anything to hurt the program (we'll see about players/recruits) so it is all good. I am glad that he was here and kept the program at a NCAA tournament level. It would have just been nice to see him make the program better (as I see it) than it was when he got here. His recruits haven't played very much, yet, so he might still help SDSU a win in the tourney. I hope his players do and I will give him his share of the credit. I know coaching is part of it but you need the horses to get it done. That is why I look at what coach Otz did and give some credit to both him and Nagy. What will happen over the next 4 or 5 years will be part of coach Otz's "book" at SDSU to me, too.
                              This makes sense. Many of recruits that have shown since Otz have also preceded leaving prior to Otz. Nagy did not leave an empty cupboard as many contended at an earlier time. Zimmer is looking for a extra drama in a recent column about the women not really being a midmajor or Cinderella. He may have followed the line of AJ exploring the elite team line instead for a midmajor who may still be a Cinderella. It is his job to fill the column, it is not always the way the reader interprets. That may be why we have that pesky first amendment. I am still be happier with Zimmer than Stu Whitney or Mick. Some may not think you toooo nitpicky.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Wow, I take a 45 minute break from continuously checking in on the TJ saga and it's suddenly the Hendo show! Whiplash!

I watched the bench pretty closely at several games this year and definitely noticed Henderson exerting himself. He was much always much more active and vocal than the other assistants and at times took charge of the timeout huddle while TJ was talking to officials. It's his time. Let's see what he can do with complete control. I at least like our odds of keeping most of the team together with this move.

Comment

Working...
                                X