Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TJ Going to UNLV?

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
    Hea not going to take DJj with him. When someone is already playing at the school it is rare that the leaving coach brings him to the team. It is not rare however for recruits to follow him. Which is fine.

craig Smith didn’t even link his name with Mooney.
    Mooney was looking for more exposure on a bigger stage. I don't think Utah State fit in to that scenario whether Craig Smith wanted him or not.

Comment

Has anyone seen anything reported on any television stations or newspapers anywhere relating to the move? At this point, the indication of a Twitter account being suspended may be the only fact. With all the hoopla, it would seem there should be another supporting bit of evidence like a visit to a realtor in Vegas or for sale sign on the front yard or an Otz siting at an airport.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Has anyone seen anything reported on any television stations or newspapers anywhere relating to the move? At this point, the indication of a Twitter account being suspended may be the only fact. With all the hoopla, it would seem there should be another supporting bit of evidence like a visit to a realtor in Vegas or for sale sign on the front yard or an Otz siting at an airport.
        This might qualify

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...v-job-1626902/

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Thank you. I also like the quote from Justin Sell.
          South Dakota State athletic director Justin Sell told a Sioux Falls, South Dakota, radio host that he doesn’t “deal in rumors. I deal in being prepared.”
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

No guarantee but this is a legit CBS Sports writer. I'd say TJ is gone:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...38968537919493

Comment

Jeff Goodman as well:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...39448630489091

Comment

I knew it would happen eventually, but I just am a bit surprised it happened this year.

Comment

OK. Now, we need to get someone in quickly, to make sure he keep our players and hopefully some recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I knew it would happen eventually, but I just am a bit surprised it happened this year.
                    Same considering he hasn’t won a damn thing with his own recruits. But good for him to I’m sure double his salary at least. He can keep increasing those Twitter followers out in Vegas too.

Sell needs to get someone ASAP to try to keep Grill on board. I’m assuming Jenkins is gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      OK. Now, we need to get someone in quickly, to make sure he keep our players and hopefully some recruits.
                      I'm sure Justin Sell has known this was a possibility for awhile, since I believe schools had to get permission to talk with TJ. I suspect some groundwork has already been done.

Comment

Time to slip into Tim Miles DMs?

Comment

Miles would have to take a huge paycut to about $400K roughly when he could probably make more doing TV. But didn’t Tubby Smith go to High Point? Granted it was his Alma mater so you never know.

Comment

Priority #1 is to keep DJJ and ALL of the recruits. Grill is the crown jewel, but the three other members of the class have loads of potential and importance, too. I’m not as convinced DJJ will leave this year. Not convinced he’ll stay, but i certainly don’t think it’s a done deal that he’s gone. It’ll be important to convince him to hold on until the new coach is in and can sell himself.

I’m convinced that Sell was very, very prepared for this and find a lot of comfort in that.

I have no intel at all, but my top 6 candidates in no order 1) Tim Miles 2) Joe Krabbenhoft 3) Ben McCollum 4) Craig Doty 5) Henderson/Klink 6) Austin Hansen. Not in my top 6, but Paul Sather is another name to consider. I also would like to hear why Miller won’t coach here while Sell is here? I just don’t know the backstory there.

Comment

Miles has a much better fresh date than Tubby. Bad rep in Minnesota and Memphis FWIK. And Las Vegas looks like they have a snarky jaded fan base, so there.

Comment

I would like to see Austin Hansen on the list to be considered for the job.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X