NCAA Student Athlete Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Student Athlete Commercials

I love a good NCAA student athlete commercial during the Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments. Take SDSU as an example. Fly half way across the country to Syracuse NY on a Thursday. Play until Monday. Fly home late Monday evening. Get home and go to class for 24 hours. Fly back half way across the country to Oregon on Wednesday and hopefully fly home late Sunday. There doesn’t seem to be much student in the equation this time of the year. Hats off to the kids and tutors who put in the effort with the goal of graduation.

TV calls the shots. Not education.....

Go Rabbits!

Re: NCAA Student Athlete Commercials

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    I love a good NCAA student athlete commercial during the Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tournaments. Take SDSU as an example. Fly half way across the country to Syracuse NY on a Thursday. Play until Monday. Fly home late Monday evening. Get home and go to class for 24 hours. Fly back half way across the country to Oregon on Wednesday and hopefully fly home late Sunday. There doesn’t seem to be much student in the equation this time of the year. Hats off to the kids and tutors who put in the effort with the goal of graduation.

TV calls the shots. Not education.....

Go Rabbits!
    Same thing happened to then Southwest Missouri State (now Missouri State University),led by Jackie Stiles, the year they played in the final four (2001). They had a huge following of fans. In the article I read the fans of Southwest Missouri State weren't too happy about having to fly to the East coast, and then to the West Coast in a short period of time to watch them play. By the way, Missouri State is also playing a sweet 16 game this season as well.

Comment

Re: NCAA Student Athlete Commercials

Yes- SDSU and MoSt are the two mids into the Sweet 16, MoSt is the only double digit seed left. The Bears wouldn’t have made it without winning the MoValley tourney over Drake. They knocked off the 3 seed Iowa St. Only one #3 seed made it again this year. All 4 #1 & #2’s advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X